• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post the picture of the Master Cheif in a wheel chair 343 showed? I need it for a school project. :p I can't find a hig quality one, since my school network blocks half of google images results but doesn't block pics pisted to NeoGAF. :p

I think I like sprint in Reach more than 4. Not just because it's an AA, but because you know how long you can sprint for and how fast it recharges. Maybe it's simply because of that that it feels more fluid for me.

The map selection is like that because it's being built with Sprint in mind, among other things like Jetpack and Camo. 4v4 maps are much larger than they ought to be because people can move around the map faster.

I like Sprint [in Reach] and I think it can have a place in the game. But not as a default ability, and certainly not across the board.

Yes, Sprint to vehicles but you know, plasma pistol and plasma nades crashed that flow so its more like they shoothing me, run to the middle section of the map where i can shoot safely.

True, you feel that when going back to Halo 3, sometimes your finger lingers above the button where sprint would have been and wants to press it.

Many people make the mistake and sprint way too much in gametypes and lose positioning and map control because of it.

Also Over is right, the ZB DMR in Reach is really good IMO, way better than the Halo 4 DMR.

But they did it before sprint, they always do that when they are winning for too much, even camp in the enemy base.

I didn't realize this until now but After the first encounter with the Didact, the Librarian had activated the Seeds in which she had implanted within Chief. Me not fully paying attention that she had most likely altered his suits Hardware to be resistant towards the effects of the Composer on Ivanhoff Station. While thinking it was only a Biological alteration but also his Armor/Combat Skin.

I suspect we will see more dramatic alterations towards Master Chief's Armor to rival against Forerunner Combats Suits (12) to make John a formidable opponent if he ever encounters the Didact,
More Composers
, and perhaps Flood/Precursor forms. What other devices can Chief's New Armor could it integrate with other than Covenant/Forerunner Armor Abilities? I'd like see what ideas 343 has yet to show. Ship Halo 5 & 6 already!

I didn't realize this until now but After the first encounter with the Didact, the Librarian had activated the Seeds in which she had implanted within Chief. Me not fully paying attention that she had most likely altered his suits Hardware to be resistant towards the effects of the Composer on Ivanhoff Station. While thinking it was only a Biological alteration but also his Armor/Combat Skin.

I tought in that moment Chief will throw his rifle and start smashing the prometheans with his bare hands or give him some super powers.

I tought in that moment Chief will throw his rifle and start smashing the prometheans with his bare hands or give him some super powers.

Could you imagine if Chief could force grab and throw after that? Pick up Crawler, throw at Knights head. Shit would have been bananas. When your gravity gun gets pimped in HL2, mother of god that was awesome.

Right? At least give chief a soul cube after bashing a promethean horde.
I honestly don't understand half of what happened in H4, nor anything the Didact said.
Cryptic References, Inception, Deception = Mind Fawk
Could you imagine if Chief could force grab and throw after that? Pick up Crawler, throw at Knights head. Shit would have been bananas. When your gravity gun gets pimped in HL2, mother of god that was awesome.
Woah.. Wait Wut?? I need this!

Ghazi

Can someone post the picture of the Master Cheif in a wheel chair 343 showed? I need it for a school project. :p I can't find a hig quality one, since my school network blocks half of google images results but doesn't block pics pisted to NeoGAF. :p
Biggest I could find on my phone, I know it's really small though:
YR7zpI3.jpg
I honestly don't understand half of what happened in H4, nor anything the Didact said.
Read the Forerunner saga or at least Silentium, I just wrapped up Silentium last week (yeah I'm late to the party) and many things make more sense after reading. In fact I may play through it again sometime to have the full experience after understanding it better

Typical cranky despot stuff. Feel betrayed, blames humanity for being human. The sad fact is that his motivations are largely made irrelevant in the game, and you have to go to outside sources to find anything out (assuming you'd want to in the first place).

Nah. The netcode in 3 is so sloppy, and that BR is terrible. Reach had its problems but it has a better core gameplay underneath.

Go play them today and you can see the difference. It really is a pretty big gap.

Halo 2 still the best though.

The only redeeming quality of vanilla Reach is netocde. Bloom, slower kill times, armor abilities, movement speed, and jump height are just awful in Reach.

Added to bad opinion list.

By the way poker faced, good to see you post, I was wondering if you were in the city or back home yesterday.

yea man, scary stuff. I was home, but my mom works at tufts so I was kinda on edge for most of the day.

Tawpgun

Added to bad opinion list.

By the way poker faced, good to see you post, I was wondering if you were in the city or back home yesterday.

People need to go back and actually play Halo 3. Get those nostalgia goggles off, the game is awful.

Had a blast playing Reach last night. Its a much better game.

There are things Reach does better and there are things Halo 3 does better.

The latter loses in the netcode department, and that alone keeps me from playing Halo 3.

I played the hell out of Halo 3 and loved it. Last few months going back to both 3 and Reach and Im just having more fun with Reach.

Even a while back when there was still a population on 3 i didn't enjoy it as much.

Go back and play it and most of you will start agreeing with me.

Also playing Reach last night, the radar seems to be more powerful in 4 than Reach? Or is it just me? Found myself relying on it much less than when I play 4.

Halo PC had some of the best multiplayer experiences solely for the deddies.

Dat lack of lag

This, until you get modders.

It goes off in June while the explore other "options"

Seriously just fucking release it on Steam with Steamworks support and actual matchmaking with a few fixes and 343 will make good money.

Oh then there's still time. Odd that the anniversary for the Xbox one was yesterday...

Obscured

If I could play it I would. I have my mythic disc and everything ready to go.

But I can't. Every other game is red bar and I rubberband something fierce. At that point, it just becomes a hassle.

I've thrown 3 in a few times and still have fun with it, but damn sometimes it is like watching a slideshow, definitely have to go in with the right mindset. Reach was great for me with regards to the netcode at first, but last few months it was starting to be painful, getting shot through walls or by enemies not even looking my direction. The visual feedback when shooting someone was best in Reach I think. Since I never lan and only ever play online netcode and responsiveness is my biggest priority and about the only thing that gets me mad is when it feels like I'm getting screwed by a connection.

Its definitely nice compared to default.

By the same logic its 'nice' to get punched in the face rather than punched in the face and kicked in the genitals.

Also Heckfu/ Juices, I really cant believe you are putting Reach above Halo 3. Netcode I can understand but the gameplay mechanics outclass Reach any day.

I disagree. Sprint works on Haven, so build more BTB maps? Makes no sense. The map design in 4 is below that of Halo 2 or 3, and that's without even mentioning sprint. Bungie made a handful of solid Reach maps with sprint in mind, we just didn't get any small 4 maps besides Haven.

If you can design Haven with sprint in mind and have it work great, why not other maps of that size?

Sprint is shit even on Haven. I feel like I have to sprint to find people before my team kills them, and when I sprint I give the enemy the first shot on me because of the animation.

Sprint sucks.

I also dont get the need for a 'sprint' animation, I understand canonically that you dislike the fact it seems like Spartans are walking when they should be fast but for the sake of gameplay its probably better to be slightly slower than sprint speeds at all times, and if you dont move fast enough to be sprinting at all times a sprint animation will look stupid.

Onikaan

I think they just shut it off. All 20 players were pissed.

Wasn't there one guy who kept his Xbox on when they were shutting down the Halo 2 servers on live? Can't recall the entire story, pretty sure he managed to stay in an online custom game for quite a while.

It goes off in June while the explore other "options"

Seriously just fucking release it on Steam with Steamworks support and actual matchmaking with a few fixes and 343 will make good money.

Phoar! Yes please.

wwm0nkey

Please someone tell me they are friends with the guy who did the DarkSouls PC fix. I tried it out with Halo 2 and it partly works for using custom resolutions. Will get a pic here in a second. It only Semi-works but still.

I played the hell out of Halo 3 and loved it. Last few months going back to both 3 and Reach and Im just having more fun with Reach.

Even a while back when there was still a population on 3 i didn't enjoy it as much.

Go back and play it and most of you will start agreeing with me.

That Reach is a better experience than Halo 3? Not really. And I have played both in the last two months and Halo 3 is a far better game than Reach.

MLG Reach is awesome to the max. Why is this not played more?

All the MLG Halo settings make up a cheerleading squad of gaming. Reach MLG is the bulimic, dangerously anorexic one that all the cheerleaders want to call out but can't because she's at the top of the pyramid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom