• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spends 1000 dollars on Halo. Cant afford a mic to talk with us in Halo parties. Stalker.
I've got a mic the GF was sleeping near me and it was 4 in the morning.

I could have went and played on the Xbox downstairs but that means moving my profile and setting up my headset downstairs and stuff. I'll think about it

Yes but I figure the extra $15 is security for me. I don't think I'll be able to misplace or break this copy of Reach... ;)

Don't
rage
delete it either.

It was 10 bucks last month.

Ok guys - need some help here. I have the funds and want to bite on this, but I want to be sure this is a good deal. Thoughts?

http://hollomanyardsales.com/item34152227.html?itemId=34152227&src=SEARCH&ref=

My nostalgia meter is off the charts

Famous last words.

image.php

Might as well put these up. Flood Map Collection 01.

Also Reach skyboxes: dat technical skill

Yep. The skyboxes are pretty much the sole reason that game is so damn beautiful. Amazing work there. Halo 4 just doesn't compare, although I am still a firm believer that that is a technical reason not a "lack of skill" and that Halo 5 will be eyegasmic in that regard, they've proved they can do "pretty".

That, and the Covenant environments (however few) are the best in the series. The Ardent Prayer is a beautiful ship.

I just nostalgia'd all over my monitor. Dat Campaign.

Welp. Time to buy Reach
for the 4th time

Hell yeah. I'm a Reach campaign fanboy for sure. Halo CE, ODST, and Reach are like campaign cousins, in my opinion.

Well forcing it never used to work really with the DSfix it works properly now.

Ah, did not know that. I don't think I've actually ever tried it with Halo 2 to be honest, but I use it with most of my other games. Good stuff, then!

--

I got Reach and Halo Wars on demand for free on 343 day a few years back. What ever happened to that anyway?

As bad of a Forge map Settler is, it's still better than Exile.

Someone needs to go in and take the principles of Settler (basically Blood Gulch and Valhalla's bastard child) and fix it like they did with Dispatch to Relay. It has potential, but it definitely feels like amateur-ish forging compared to some maps I've seen (just like Relay did).

Someone needs to go in and take the principles of Settler (basically Blood Gulch and Valhalla's bastard child) and fix it like they did with Dispatch to Relay. It has potential, but it definitely feels like amateur-ish forging compared to some maps I've seen (just like Relay did).

I thought about it at launch before I switched over to Impact. I don't know, the terrain is just really awkward. The center piece isn't even really centered...

FyreWulff

Yep. The skyboxes are pretty much the sole reason that game is so damn beautiful. Amazing work there. Halo 4 just doesn't compare, although I am still a firm believer that that is a technical reason not a "lack of skill" and that Halo 5 will be eyegasmic in that regard, they've proved they can do "pretty".

I don't believe it's a technical reason. Skyboxes add less polys to a scene than someone's Hologram.

2D skyboxes are however, much cheaper to make.

I think Forge Island is the only DLC map with a full 3D skybox. And it's the only one not outsourced. I don't have Crimson though

kylej

Banned
still can't believe 343 removed squad slayer. so fucking stupid. that one move killed the last signs of life in reach. had a lot of fun in those days. miss those people. miss my halo 3 people too. 343 sucks

Onikaan

Oh right, so...

If you fire the bolt shot (don't judge me) inside either of the bases on Settler, the frames drop to 0 for a fraction of a second.

Long enough to put you off and get you KILLED.

Sake, Halo 4.

I don't believe it's a technical reason. Skyboxes add less polys to a scene than someone's Hologram.

2D skyboxes are however, much cheaper to make.

I think Forge Island is the only DLC map with a full 3D skybox. And it's the only one not outsourced. I don't have Crimson though

Haha well then I guess that's your technical reason :p
Still, wasn't Halo 4 the most expensive one ever made? In my opinion Reclaimer has it the worst. That skybox is just unforgivable compared to what was in Reach.

I think were going to get Squad Slayer back in the next Reach playlist update!

I'm sure there's at least 10 people here who would walk into 343 and volunteer their time to update the playlists in 3 and Reach. Even teach themselves how to work everything so that it's barely an expense. I know I would, that stagnation on Microsoft's flagship franchise is embarrassing and disheartening.

still can't believe 343 removed squad slayer. so fucking stupid. that one move killed the last signs of life in reach. had a lot of fun in those days. miss those people. miss my halo 3 people too. 343 sucks

I think were going to get Squad Slayer back in the next Reach playlist update!

Ghazi

heckfu get excite!

Wait why is it Messi again.

Like, he's an amazing player but come on.
People see Messi, people want to have his babies, people buy game with Messi on/in it, EA gets fed more money.

I would say that they just want him on there again since he's the most popular football player right now, also we don't know if he's on the cover, but he probably will be.

Nebula beat me

FyreWulff

Haha well then I guess that's your technical reason :p
Still, wasn't Halo 4 the most expensive one ever made? In my opinion Reclaimer has it the worst. That skybox is just unforgivable compared to what was in Reach.

It also came in hot. Why spend time debugging visportals when you can just make a giant cube and paint textures on it to get the level through cert?

Tunavi

Banned
343, ruining nerds' lives since 2011.

It also came in hot. Why spend time debugging visportals when you can just make a giant cube and paint textures on it to get the level through cert?

:(

To be fair, they're not all horrible, but they aren't especially fun to look at, either. Hopefully that get's more of a priority next time (tm). I really think it matters. Not to mention the part where it all "seams" together (if you can find it) looks like a butthole. ME3 multi was the worst for this.

Tawpgun

Put Suarez on the cover so they can market their new diving gameplay mechanic.

Would make it the most realistic fifa to date.

I'm a liverpool fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom