• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

Anyone looking to forge a remake of a Halo 2 map need exact spawn info and geometry reference for their port?

yu9ld3S.png

Check out entity.

I'm at my wits end with this game, all over again. I just re-bought it in hope Castle would be redeeming and that I was only burnt out on it. No.

Help.
Well that just seems like a terrible decision process.
What were you thinking Castle was going to do?

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

FyreWulff

BF3 server structure is mostly fine. Only thing it really needs is a filter that only shows EA servers only, plus the ability to filter quickmatch so it matchmakes you into official EA servers only.

A score+time remaining indicator in the server browser would be nice, too.

Seriously, they even have the space for it!

fiDrmkYl.jpg

aTAInYMl.jpg

ea wat r u doin

Dvd9Hy0l.jpg

How much have you played? Because the custom servers aren't a big deal. And the official servers are easy to find. I think the game improved because of custom servers.

I've played enough. I usually put enough effort each night into finding a server. But it's like.. fuck.. let me filter by ticket counts and disable the ability to have the annoying text message and things could be much better. Honestly the most annoying part about gaming on PC is all those dedicated servers that are like "GO TO SUPARCOOLCLAN.COM" "TYPE !SLOTS TO PLAY SLINGO4DEAD"

HelloMeow

I haven't touched Halo 4 in months, but I'm planning on playing it again.

Is it easy to find a match and is it worth it do buy the DLC?

Onikaan

I haven't touched Halo 4 in months, but I'm planning on playing it again.

Is it easy to find a match and is it worth it do buy the DLC?

Don't.

Save yourself, It's already too late for me.

Why would you re-buy it!?!?!

Because I'm a fool.

Well that just seems like a terrible decision process.
What were you thinking Castle was going to do?

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Absolutely nothing. I pretended I wanted it again, which was really a poor excuse to justify having bought the season pass.

BOOM

WcVIZo6.png

As an additional twist (and to explain what's up with that weapon category), the URF or United Rebel Front is an alliance made between the Insurrectionists and the Brutes. Possibly some other simple races too like the Skirmishers, but I have no idea. I'm not exactly sure how I'd want to divide up the Covenant and the URF.

willow ve

I sold Reach and have not had a regret about it since. I do regret that Halo 3 has low population, no playlist management, and poor netcode (by modern standards). But I will never regret selling Reach.

This was posted by MaDLinK in the Universe section of Waypoint, thought y'all might want a look.

MaDLinK said:
Hey guys, there's an extended cut of the 'making of' video here; http://youtu.be/C2jmws3wpxM

I actually worked on the video and I can tell you that these guys are so passionate about making Halo as good as it possibly can be.

We couldn't squeeze everything we wanted to into even the extended cut (Frankie talked for over 20 minutes alone!) but after having talked with guys at length about the Halo Universe, gameplay structure and more, you realise the incredible amount of effort that went into making Halo 4.

Here's hoping for a second season and more soon!

Spops so far isn't that bad. The cutscenes are really good (cinematography-wise) and the gameplay seems to be getting better (though I'm playing on Normal, so I'm not raging at higher difficulties).

But man, that dialog. It feels like I'm listening to a Y7 Saturday Morning cartoon or 4kids dubbed anime. I mean, "Toys", "Bad Guys", and all of these cheeky nicknames for everyone left and right?

Halo has always had a good sense of humor, but this is beyond trying too hard. I can play with the audio off and just straight Halo music in the background and not really lose much of the experience. It's not like any of the story is in the gameplay anyway.

Spops so far isn't that bad. The cutscenes are really good (cinematography-wise) and the gameplay seems to be getting better (though I'm playing on Normal, so I'm not raging at higher difficulties).

But man, that dialog. It feels like I'm listening to a Y7 Saturday Morning cartoon or 4kids dubbed anime. I mean, "Toys", "Bad Guys", and all of these cheeky nicknames for everyone left and right?

Halo has always had a good sense of humor, but this is beyond trying too hard. I can play with the audio off and just straight Halo music in the background and not really lose much of the experience. It's not like any of the story is in the gameplay anyway.

I can't say I've noticed a large difference in the writing or audio, both Bungie & 343i have hits and misses. Overall I personally much prefer the 343i cutscenes, they're far superior in most departments. Remember Miranda's "to war" or Cortana's "obvious statements", it's not like we were dealing with rocket science with Bungie lines either.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Gravemind lines (quality serious omnipotent) and Johnson's lines (humour) but the Didact lines for me are superior to Gravemind in everyway. I actually just got annoyed with Gravemind and Cortana flashes in Halo 3, it got annoying fast. Anyone remember seeing Gravemind as the large Little Shop of Horrors plant during Halo 2 scenes, I'm glad they stepped that up in Halo 3 scenes for the Gravemind tentacles.

So each to their own, I put Halo 4 cutscenes above any in terms of overall execution. I have crazy fond memories of maybe 2-5 cutscenes from 1-3 but but the sheer quality across the board for CGI 4 scenes trumps all.

Overall I wish they had of done SPOPS in game scenes along with the CGI, imagine Reach style in game with your player customisation throughout SPOPS and the CGI is the lead characters and other team etc. Reach was a marked improvement for Bungie cutscenes and apart from the audio mixing and in game character customisation I still place Halo 4's scenes in front. They're just that good to me, finally after 10+ years of crappy facial animations and poor textures/lighting.

As for the dialog of the S-IV's I think you'll find much of that is intentional by design for them being ODST based instead of Spartan from scratch etc.

I can't say I've noticed a large difference in the writing or audio, both Bungie & 343i have hits and misses. Overall I personally much prefer the 343i cutscenes, they're far superior in most departments. Remember Miranda's "to war" or Cortana's "obvious statements", it's not like we were dealing with rocket science with Bungie lines either.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Gravemind lines (quality serious omnipotent) and Johnson's lines (humour) but the Didact lines for me is superior to Gravemind in everyway. I actually just got annoyed with Gravemind and Cortana flashes in Halo 3, it got annoying fast. Anyone remember seeing Gravemind as the large Little Shop of Horrors plant during Halo 2 scenes, I'm glad they stepped that up in Halo 3 scenes for the Gravemind tentacles.

So each to their own, I put Halo 4 cutscenes above any in terms of overall execution. I have crazy fond memories of maybe 2-5 cutscenes from 1-3 but but the sheer quality across the board for CGI 4 scenes trumps all.

Overall I wish they had of done SPOPS in game scenes along with the CGI, imagine Reach style in game with your player customisation throughout SPOPS and the CGI is the lead characters and other team etc. Reach was a marked improvement for Bungie cutscenes and apart from the audio mixing and in game character customisation I still place Halo 4's scenes in front. They're just that good to me, finally after 10+ years of crappy facial animations and poor textures/lighting.

As for the dialog of the S-IV's I think you'll find much of that is intentional by design for them being ODST based instead of Spartan from scratch etc.

Well I never meant to imply that Bungie did any better. Bungie's had their share of terrible dialog (most of Reach's Campaign), but the Spops lines are just... they're just...

Ugh. It feels like a machinima.

But yes, the cinematography of Spops is good - great actually. 343's cutscenes in general have been pretty good. Ultimately, they could make a lot of improvements right away that would make Spops a hit.

I still prefer Firefight though. Maybe I'm in a minority now, but I'd rather have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom