• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still prefer Firefight though. Maybe I'm in a minority now, but I'd rather have that.

I agree about Firefight, all they need to do is handle SPOPS as a once play through as solo or coop and then you unlock re-playability options similar to firefight. Just throw in skulls and scoring once you've completed a mission on normal or harder. This way you cater for the story players in coop matchmaking, the credit farmers and the customisation/last stand style players as well as crazy customisation.

I'm thinking they cut such things for one of two reasons:
1. Time constraints in development due to the engine changes being too extensive for those older features to "just work as is".

2. By design they cut them to streamline populations and development. Perhaps they wanted to try and "keep players" playing SPOPS coop mode rather than all the splintering that comes with custom firefight games.

Ozzy is back

I'll probably steer clear of the multiplayer chatter, it's a little volatile in here when I post on that front and I think we've all posted our points of view to understand each other :)

Doodled some campaign enemy ideas.

QP0kO6Z.png

Bl8wNsz.png

kwS7fdD.png

There are still space for playing some Halo 4?

heh that skirmisher reminds me of fighting rooster.

Bingo! In order to help differentiate them Jackals are more reptilian bird-man-space-pirates while Skirmishers are cockfighting velociraptors.

...did anyone else realize the last 5 tracks in Halo 4 (Vol. 1) represent the 5 stages of loss and grief?

Immaterial - Isolation (plays when the Didact finds the Composer leading to the composition of all of the scientists around you, making you alone once more)
117 - Anger (plays when Chief is defending Earth in the Broadsword)
Arrival - Bargaining (plays when Chief gets to the Didact's room in the Mantle's Approach, and Cortana has to split herself up to overload the Composer's shields)
Revival - Depression (Didact's suffering, come on now)
Green and Blue - Acceptance

Some of these Spops places would make killer maps like this Refuge mission with the forerunner structures growing out of the forest-ish place for instance. It's got a heavy Midship vibe to it.

dat last kill on rev3rb's stream.

"NEXT KILL WINS"

*rev3rb casually runs into the base and punches a shieldless guy in the head with his Sniper*

Purplemage

Neo Member
You were the one playing Zombies on Reach a few nights ago... :p

Hey now! I enjoyed most zombie games that gave the infected evade. It was always fun with the Reach pistol...unlike 4's flood mode.

Edit: Also, I always wondered why alpha zombies weren't given evade and all the converted zombies given sprint like always. Would've been more balanced and less rage when starting the game as a zombie.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Don't want to sound rude or anything, but is there a particular reason why you post these? Or is it just a hobby? (just curious)

Well he doesn't have a blog or anything where he can post all of this drawings and ideas so what do you want him to do?!

Oh wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom