• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscured

SdIAaCy.gif

LTTP, but I would play the hell out of that game.

Fotos

This is my first time seeing Settler, is it supposed to be in the vein of Blood Gulch?

It's like mini Blood Gulch with random objects. The one thing I love about that map is the ridge on the side. Played with a full team of friends last week in BTB, no joke everyone from both teams were battling it out on that ridge. Easily one of the most hilarious things that's happened to me in H4.

Ghazi

It's like mini Blood Gulch with random objects. The one thing I love about that map is the ridge on the side. Played with a full team of friends last week in BTB, no joke everyone from both teams were battling it out on that ridge. Easily one of the most hilarious things that's happened to me in H4.

Sounds crazy, can't wait to actually play it.

Don't get your hopes up, it's an awful map. Anywhere but that ridge is just an empty death field.

:lol, knowing the people who usually play Infinity BTB and what kind of maps they vote for I'm sure I'll be forced to play it anyway.

Edit: oh nice, I can do a run through of it then in private match and check it out.

Havok

Sounds crazy, can't wait to actually play it.
Don't get your hopes up, it's an awful map. Anywhere but that ridge is just an empty death field. One base gets a rear auxiliary building, the other gets some caves that nobody ever uses. Spawns are almost all way out in the open.

It's the default variant for Ravine on the disc if you want to check it out without having to suffer through a matchmaking game on it.

Obscured

Don't get your hopes up, it's an awful map. Anywhere but that ridge is just an empty death field.

I remember checking it out initially and thinking it looked so random and terrible. But I've played a few games on it and that ridge is hilarious. I'm sure it will get old but it is great right now.

Ghazi

Damn, Microsoft doesn't waste any time trying to sell microtransactions in Forza Horizon do they
They also didn't wait to start promoting a $50 Season Pass before the game came out, which kept me from buying the game because I felt like I'd need to pay $110 at launch to get all the content for it.

Some of these Spops places would make killer maps like this Refuge mission with the forerunner structures growing out of the forest-ish place for instance. It's got a heavy Midship vibe to it.

Keep up with the impressions, always fun to hear views from fresh eyes
(wat, I'm keeping it)
. Notice the map quality improvement from episode 6 onward, season 1.5.

I'm happy to announce a preview's been uploaded for one of my pet projects: NeoGAF Volume One!

1892819435-1.jpg

GAF's got all sorts of history and I thought it'd be interesting to make a soundtrack for it. If it ends up being popular and praised well enough, I would continue to make additional volumes. I'm currently hoping for a fall release with 20 tracks so any donations help, but the previews are free of course.

It takes inspiration from a variety of genres but most of it undoubtedly sounds video gamey and ambient. It's also trying to pull the whole "seamless transition from track to track" thing that Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run did.

EDIT: Forgot to clarify. Vol. 1 mainly focuses on HaloGAF if the prologue is any indication.

Fotos

I'm happy to announce a preview's been uploaded for one of my pet projects: NeoGAF Volume One!

1892819435-1.jpg

GAF's got all sorts of history and I thought it'd be interesting to make a soundtrack for it. If it ends up being popular and praised well enough, I would continue to make additional volumes. I'm currently hoping for a fall release with 20 tracks so any donations help, but the previews are free of course.

It takes inspiration from a variety of genres but most of it undoubtedly sounds video gamey and ambient. It's also trying to pull the whole "seamless transition from track to track" thing that Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run did.

EDIT: Forgot to clarify. Vol. 1 mainly focuses on HaloGAF if the prologue is any indication.

Is Neogaf your life?
Archbishop is awesome

Omni

So I've been working on an ultra hardcore MLG map. It's great for Slayer, One flag, Oddball and Infection. Assault is nice too

The above is the spawning area or as I like to call it, the player transitional stage - the place where people transition from Colonel scrubs into MLG pros. Everyone spawns within a few feet of each other but facing different directions to increase the skill gap
Just a pic from a little further away. The map has really good call outs like "green wall" and "green barrier". Just for those competitive players that love that team play
A picture that represents the scale that this map gives.
The sword room (without a sword at this time). This map is so competitive that kills mean nothing. You need to find the sword room to win the game. This is because of skill. As a 48 in lone wolves in Halo 3, I can shit on any scrub in a 1v1. So to make the skill cap a little more fair, this is a battle of orientation.

I'm bored and just discovered the green screens in Forge. Pretty neat.

1892819435-1.jpg

QyoGsJd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom