• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Damn, first time I almost got a rampage from spawn with the pistol in SWATon Adrift. I went 29-7.

Wish the challenge was worth more than 1500 exp though.

TheOddOne

They're all good. Halo 1 has this great mystery atmosphere, Halo 2 and 3 just feel buttery smooth, and Halo 4... Look, I dunno why I like it, but I just do.

The multiplayer still sucks, though.
There is some charm to Halo 4's campaign, but compared to the others it took huge steps backwards. The reduced scale is one of my biggest gripes.

GrizzNKev

Banned
There is some charm to Halo 4's campaign, but compared to the others it took huge steps backwards. The reduced scale is one of my biggest gripes.

Save us, no - Save Halo - new technology.

And it won't just be bigger battles. The next time the Master Chief takes off his helmet, I don't want it to be John. I want it to be me. Scanned, modeled, and animated in real time by the required Kinect 2.0. I'll watch the new and improved Cortana caress my face with her hardlight hands. Then I'll share a video of it straight to facebook so all my friends can see I'm the hero of humanity.

Omni

They're all good. Halo 1 has this great mystery atmosphere, Halo 2 and 3 just feel buttery smooth, and Halo 4... Look, I dunno why I like it, but I just do.

The multiplayer still sucks, though.

Halo 4's campaign was excellent... Until we released the Didact. And then things got bad.

Real bad.

Aside from the awful art style on Infinity and Reclaimer respectively, they got so linear and boring. The Mammoth section is the single worst segment that I have ever played in a Halo game. Not one part of that tedious 'corridor' was fun and the level literally broke (meaning you couldn't progress) if you tried to break free from the enormous shackles that they put on you. And then they had the audacity to give us a god damn Predator missile in campaign (which you literally can't even fail). There's so much handholding and scripted elements that after the honeymoon period was over, I had to question as to whether anyone at 343i had actually played a Halo game before or if they just looked at CoD and took crap from there. Composer was nice, but couldn't make up for the crap they introduced in the levels beforehand.

Honourable mentions to the quick time event with the Didact, the force chocking, star wars run, unmemorable soundtrack, ending which didn't make sense and the super weird Cortana relationship that still make me cringe.

Madness

It's funny, I just on a whim went through and played the campaign again yesterday and today and I enjoyed it much more the second time. I knew where to go, what to press, could run past enemies. The arbitrary button presses and redundancy got to me a bit. Felt like a forced lengthening on purpose. But it wasn't as bad as I remember.

Prometheans are still the biggest disappointment. Easily the worst part of the campaign. After I was done, I liked the familiar music so much I'm listening to it right now. Halo 5 better have some classic Halo 1-3 music and the monks though.

Omni

It's funny, I just on a whim went through and played the campaign again yesterday and today and I enjoyed it much more the second time. I knew where to go, what to press, could run past enemies. The arbitrary button presses and redundancy got to me a bit. Felt like a forced lengthening on purpose. But it wasn't as bad as I remember.

Prometheans are still the biggest disappointment. Easily the worst part of the campaign. After I was done, I liked the familiar music so much I'm listening to it right now. Halo 5 better have some classic Halo 1-3 music and the monks though.

Totally forgot about the Prometheans. I just love how for several seconds it's impossible to headshot them after their shields are down. And the fact there isn't any feedback as to whether or not you're doing damage. And that 60% have OHK weapons that don't even work if the player picks one up.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Totally forgot about the Prometheans. I just love how it's impossible to headshot them after their shields are down for several seconds. And the fact there isn't any feedback as to whether or not you're doing damage. And that 60% have OHK weapons that don't even work if the player picks one up.

The Binary Rifle is only "binary" in multiplayer. Neat.

Madness

Betting right now, it won't.

I hope it will, the music changes the mood so quick. Look at that 5 seconds of the classic theme they inserted when Chief notices the Halo/Installation.

Look at the music during the credits. Heck, there is a reason 343 even used the monks during the Halo 4 announce trailer.

And yes, the Halo 4 OST is a good soundtrack, but it doesn't FEEL like Halo at all and is somewhat forgettable. I think it was the one thing almost every positive review including IGN said about the game was the lack of classic music and that the new music just didn't fit as well.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I hope it will, the music changes the mood so quick. Look at that 5 seconds of the classic theme they inserted when Chief notices the Halo/Installation.

Look at the music during the credits. Heck, there is a reason 343 even used the monks during the Halo 4 announce trailer.

And yes, the Halo 4 OST is a good soundtrack, but it doesn't FEEL like Halo at all and is somewhat forgettable. I think it was the one thing almost every positive review including IGN said about the game was the lack of classic music and that the new music just didn't fit as well.

It's like you're forgetting how much else in Halo 4 doesn't feel like the Halo we knew before. That's its identity. That was intentional. They're not going back.

Madness

Totally forgot about the Prometheans. I just love how it's impossible to headshot them after their shields are down for several seconds. And the fact there isn't any feedback as to whether or not you're doing damage. And that 60% have OHK weapons that don't even work if the player picks one up.

Sorry for double post but yes. One hit kill Promethean knights that also have teleporting abilities. They carry route blocking grenades. Then you have crawlers that can swarm in seconds and tear shields. They also crawl on walls and unless you have a scoped weapon are hard to shoot. Add in the watchers and you have an enemy that deflects grenades back, gives invincible shields and flies away at the first hit. They're just not fun to fight at all. I tried to just run as quick as possible to avoid them.

Computron

Working on relighting some old maps, they're quite low-res ATM otherwise...

iiybTySeuZZjE.gif

ibdauXigKk1YmS.gif

Still working out how/if I'll be able to get it ingame, although there should be a couple ways...

And it won't just be bigger battles. The next time the Master Chief takes off his helmet, I don't want it to be John. I want it to be me. Scanned, modeled, and animated in real time by the required Kinect 2.0. I'll watch the new and improved Cortana caress my face with her hardlight hands. Then I'll share a video of it straight to facebook so all my friends can see I'm the hero of humanity.

I would hate for them to ever reveal his face.

Halo 4's campaign was excellent... Until we released the Didact. And then things got bad.

Real bad.

Aside from the awful art style on Infinity and Reclaimer respectively, they got so linear and boring. The Mammoth section is the single worst segment that I have ever played in a Halo game. Not one part of that tedious 'corridor' was fun and the level literally broke (meaning you couldn't progress) if you tried to break free from the enormous shackles that they put on you. And then they had the audacity to give us a god damn Predator missile in campaign (which you literally can't even fail). There's so much handholding and scripted elements that after the honeymoon period was over, I had to question as to whether anyone at 343i had actually played a Halo game before or if they just looked at CoD and took crap from there. Composer was nice, but couldn't make up for the crap they introduced in the levels beforehand.

Honourable mentions to the quick time event with the Didact, the force chocking, star wars run, unmemorable soundtrack, ending which didn't make sense and the super weird Cortana relationship that still make me cringe.

Halo 5 goes even more scripted and holds nothing back. Over the top, crazy shit happening everywhere down a tunnel like Modern Warfare games. 343 could even mess with different perspectives again through the Arbiter and/or introducing a new character, Forerunner maybe? Halo could benefit from high production values that may severely limit replayability, but that's what this next thing is for.

Combat Evolved 2 follows back when Master Chief revisted Reach. 343 could include flashback segments of the REAL fall of Reach and downfall of the Spartan II's while showing us some of MC's history in a game. Didn't they express how much more we'd know about John when playing through Halo 4? Did we really learn anything new about him and did we understand him better from making the obvious decisions we knew he'd make, such as disobeying that pointless character I won't bother naming..?

CE2 could be the story arch to really show us MC; to understand why he is the way he is and why he's alone. Look at what happened to his closest friends. Dive into that a little.. We saw some of it in Halo Legends: The Package with Kelly, Fred and the other Spartans and we read about it in books. This could also be the opportunity to bring Halo back to where it was from a gameplay perspective with vast environments, loose sandbox gameplay and simplicity; more traditional Halo as opposed to Halo 5.

So many ideas, so many possibilities. Shun the nonbelievers.

Do you really want me to start?

Holy wow Silentium... What a complete turn around after that slog through the swamp that was Primordium. I am fully supportive of Bear handling future Halo novels if he writes more Silentium style, and less Primordium style. Page after page, I could not stop reading it. It was also incredibly revealing which outlines one major flaw with 343s current story telling logic; having multiple pieces of fiction (books, movies, games etc) all tie into one another creates fractures in story telling. For Halo 5, 343 needs to concentrate their story telling efforts to just the game.

Only now, after finishing Silentium, having watched FuD, and rewatching the terminals do I feel the story is complete. I love fiction outside the game, but I feel they diluted Halo 4s story as a result. That said, finishing Silentium made me appreciate the Didact soooooo much more. It does a great job tying up past fiction and interweaving it with the new.

Well done 343/Bear.

You mean your face.

We were all him, all along. The face shown at the end of 4 wasn't actually him, but a cognitive manifestation of the horrors we had experienced as players.

Brb making my own version of halo

"With the power of Kinect 2.0 paired with the Xbox 365, you can finally be the hero!"

*MS doesn't reveal what this means at launch, but gamers soon learn while playing halo 5.

Kinect 2.0 scans your face for the duration of your Halo 5 play through so that at the end, when Chief removes his helmet, you see yourself.

I would shit bricks and probably throw my controller at my monitor.

Madness

Do you really want me to start?

I don't understand? Start what? It's my opinion that the music in Halo 4, the game, was sort of sub-par in its application to the campaign and action and was instantly forgettable and made me wish for earlier pieces...

You can write your opposing views if you want.

GrizzNKev

Banned
"With the power of Kinect 2.0 paired with the Xbox 365, you can finally be the hero!"

*MS doesn't reveal what this means at launch, but gamers soon learn while playing halo 5.

Kinect 2.0 scans your face for the duration of your Halo 5 play through so that at the end, when Chief removes his helmet, you see yourself.

I would shit bricks and probably throw my controller at my monitor.

I think it's a grand vision.

It'd be the only thing driving me to buy a new xbox at this point.

TheOddOne

Thanks, Nintendo.

Madness

So the X deathmark follows your dead body and are difficult to see, while the Nemesis Support Upgrade looks like this?

jnLDctu.jpg

Why?

I don't think we've ever gotten confirmation on why X's were cut in the first place. I'm glad they're back, just wish they stayed a few seconds longer and were a bit more visible.

I'm guessing they couldn't make them red like that because it's an armor perk and that it'd confuse people between foe and teammate death.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
There are a number of things that I think are somewhat problematic in Halo 4 and plenty of elements that work well. But all in all it’s a great package which is sadly let down by a small number of intrusive flaws. But as a first time effort from 343i, I think it’s a job well done.

The first element – and I’m going to hate myself for saying this – is the narrative of Halo 4. Not exclusively because of content but primarily because of how that content is delivered to the player.

I also believe that Halo 4 has been geared primarily towards the campaign and fiction fans – like me – and I thank them for it. But Halo 4 is a game, first and foremost, and it should stay that way. The story should be an additive to the campaign – it should complement the action.

So here are the story elements that I think are intrusive to gameplay:

Extensive cut scenes – though I deeply enjoyed the cut scenes, the ‘Prologue’ in particular, there are times during the campaign where that’s all you are doing and seeing. The conversation with the Librarian is a prime example. Though we do learn a great deal, and my love for the fiction was almost saturated to the point of exploding, Halos previous strengths have always been in providing a balance; a balance for all. Fans of Halo will love the story. Fans of Halo will like it. And there is the distinction. Some of us didn’t buy Halo 4 because of the campaign, but I did. But don’t just cater for my predilection for narrative.

Another example of this is when travelling through the portals on Requiem. On one occasion you travel through one portal, chat a little and then jump through another without anything going on in between, which to me is superfluous. Everything carried out in a game should be for a valid, gameplay-reliant, reason. Not because a writer MUST literally ‘bridge’ the gap from point A to point B.

Fiction overload is another reason. Previously, Halo games feature elements to satisfy every level of fiction and gameplay fan. For the hardcore fan, Halo 3 provides a number of Terminals that describe the last days of the Forerunner Ecumene. Halo Reach features the odd reference to previous events such as the mention of Pegasi Delta in the trailer or the radio transmissions. But in Halo 4 these are glorious visual terminal episodes that go deep into the fiction. And for a fan like me this is great. But for everyone else they don’t go as far as explaining the simplest mistake: who the Didact is and what is his purpose and why is he SO intent on destroying mankind. Sure, the composer is explained, but not the hatred. Only when reading Silentium do you understand why the Didact has a screw loose. But your average fan won’t have a clue. And it’s not like they can simply view the terminals like in CE Anniversary. No. If you want to watch it you have to head over the Waypoint. So accessibility is another flaw.

But obviously this is aimed at the hardcore fan.

So what about the gameplay fan?

Well, the gameplay is Halo 4 does feel like ‘Halo’. You still move and jump and shoot like a Spartan. But I know some people have complained about ‘Sprint’. Mainly because they feel it is unnecessary. And I agree, to a point. A Spartan should be able to pick up the pace when required. And for big maps it’s invaluable. And for ‘Invasion’ it would be essential, especially when you spawn far from the action. But Halo 4 doesn’t feature ‘Invasion’. So I would suggest returning ‘Sprint’ to Armour Ability status. If you need it for a big game use it. If it’s a compact arena then leave it out and take a jet pack or active camouflage.

Weapons are a problem as well. I like ‘Ordnance Drops’. They add some spice to the combat. And if you’re not careful anyone can steal your weapon and use it. But don’t remove the weapon I dropped thirty seconds ago. After getting a Rocket Launcher I expect to go back and pick up my Assault Rifle and carry on where I left off, unless, of course, someone steals it. But at least give me the choice.

I would also recommend lowering the availability of the plasma pistol on vehicle dominant levels. But instead they current swamp it, overwhelm it. Sure, I want a back up plan to take out the scorpion or the Mantis. But when it reverts to plasma bolt after plasma bolt, the experience is seriously hampered, silly almost.

I don’t personally have a problem with the music. We have to move on. Marty isn’t available for future Halo games, so moving on isn’t just practical it’s necessary. I loved the soundtrack for Halo 4. It’s evocative. But I don’t hear it that much when playing. It’s there, quietly in the background, instead of pumping through the speakers as I send my enemies to their split-jawed maker.

As for revealing so much about the Forerunners, I don’t have a problem with it. I loved the Didact and how he looks, and the Librarian. And it was nice to see a Forerunner installation that actually looks and feels alive. But I’m not concerned about all the earth being uncovered and the secrets being revealed, because we have the Precursors, I presume, to deal with.

The Future…

I don’t want the rest of the trilogy to revert to civil wars, or constantly fighting Promethean Knights. They were the Didact’s creation. So I expect any future presence of these guys to be limited. I would, however, like to return to a Halo again. Feel the curved grass surface beneath my Mjolnir boots and perhaps see the Covenant issue resolved in some way. But I’d also like to see Blue Team at some point and not just relegated to fictional references or events in the novels. Of course, some of you may see this as pandering to the fictional element and swamping the non-fiction fan with too much to take on board. But Halo 3: ODST introduced a different style of Halo game and a bunch of ODSTs. And I think the inclusion of Blue Team should take a similar route. That way it doesn’t interfere with the Reclaimer Trilogy but introduces everyone to the remaining Spartans.

All in all, Halo 4 is a great experience. I loved the ending. It had meaning for once. It struck home. And that’s one thing that definitely shouldn’t change.

MLG Reach is awesome to the max. Why is this not played more?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo

Well, aged poop is still poop, just dry.

Lol'd hard

You were the one playing Zombies on Reach a few nights ago... :p

Truly, the night is dark and full of terrors in Halogaf

I'm so bad at league of legends but I just want to play forever to get better. Ugh.

That's how the original gameplay of Halo's 1-3 got me hooked. When I started playing Halo 3 after a long Halo hiatus (due to no internet) I was bad. I didn't think 'man, I wish they'd make this game more accessible so I can get a couple of cheap kills'; I instead played my ass off in order to learn the games intricacies and improve my shot. I had a hoot riding the learning curve instead of crushing it with a straight line of AR/camo and mashing X when it didn't work out.

Classic Halo's: I wanted to play forever to get better and an addiction was born.

Reach and Halo 4: You could literally play forever and you'll never get better at opponents flying around, spawning with invisibility, instantly respawning with you in their sights after you kill them, spammers vs pacers and slot machine weapon drops from the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qwKCQ4M2Nw

Nebula

That's how the original gameplay of Halo's 1-3 got me hooked. When I started playing Halo 3 after a long Halo hiatus (due to no internet) I was bad. I didn't think 'man, I wish they'd make this game more accessible so I can get a couple of cheap kills'; I instead played my ass off in order to learn the games intricacies and improve my shot. I had a hoot riding the learning curve instead of crushing it with a straight line of AR/camo and mashing X when it didn't work out.

Classic Halo's: I wanted to play forever to get better and an addiction was born.

Reach and Halo 4: You could literally play forever and you'll never get better at opponents flying around, spawning with invisibility, instantly respawning with you in their sights after you kill them, spammers vs pacers and slot machine weapon drops from the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qwKCQ4M2Nw

The truth. I don't want to invest time in Halo 4 because I don't see myself improving. It just feels like one huge flat rock. There is no uphill battle to get better.

Does this mean 343 have been working to crush what made Halo so addicting in the first place?

Pop

The truth. I don't want to invest time in Halo 4 because I don't see myself improving. It just feels like one huge flat rock. There is no uphill battle to get better.

Does this mean 343 have been working to crush what made Halo so addicting in the first place?

In the wise words of 343i, "Trust Us, it feels like Halo"

RIP Halo

Madness

Far be it for me to discount someone's opinion, but I disagree on a few parts. You say you liked the prologue cutscene, but I feel that was perhaps the worst one. What was the point of it? Why was it there? What did it even achieve in terms of the campaign or the story? Most gamers are either coming off of Halo 3 or Reach. And in those games, you see Chief having saved Earth and humanity drifting off to some place, lost in the universe, or you see Halsey and humanity returning to a destroyed Reach nearly 30+ years later to rebuild.

And Halo 4 has Halsey handcuffed being interrogated by some unknown guy and whether Master Chief was, at his core, broken, because he was so far removed from humanity. Halsey then wonders who he is, and why he's there. While the CG was top notch, wouldn't it have been better for the story to move forward to have the first thing gamers see, is either a recap of the events, or a recap for those who don't follow the forerunner trilogy. I'd rather be introduced to the Librarian, who she was, or the Didact and his imprisonment on Requiem as the first cut scene. Instead, we sort of see it in a Terminal video outside of the game.

Is the gameplay still Halo? Yes you can run, jump and shoot as a so-called Spartan. But you can also do the same in CoD, Killzone etc. Maybe not so much being a Spartan. You say you like the Ordnance drops but my question is why? Was Halo ever about getting free weapons dropped at your feet whenever you felt like it? Was it ever about custom loadouts that you could choose how to play? Halo was always about two sides whether they were 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 starting against each other equally in an arena/map and it was the spawns, weapons, objectives or vehicles that dictated the gameplay. Now it's the menus.

As for the music, I'm not saying I want Marty's music back, nor am I saying it should be the same. But I would like if things weren't arbitrarily changed. 343 did a reworked Monk Chant for the E3 2011 reveal trailer. Why wasn't that used for the menu music? Why was it some new wailing? Especially when the previous Master Chief games utilized it for the menu and it was something almost ALL fans liked?

The Henery just posted a great video of Street Fighter 2 music, Guile's stage. Have you listened to the soundtrack for Street Fighter IV? It's completely new music, reworked, and yet it's the same familiar tune. Fans can instantly remember it from almost 16+ years ago. It brings a feeling of continuity, familiarity etc. 343 knows this, it's why they used a sort of reworked classic theme during the end credits, it's a shame it wasn't used anywhere else in the campaign, even in the menus.

Having played the campaign again, and finishing it just today, I feel 343 wanted to make it seem as if the game was taking place 50 years from Halo 3 event, as opposed to 5 years. It was the limitation with Cortana which didn't allow them to do it.

Anyways enough rambling. I'm not some hateful guy. I want 343 to succeed, I want Halo to succeed, I want Halo 5 to be one of the best in the series. I just want to enjoy the series again. To look hopefully towards the future, not longingly at the past.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member

I couldn't agree more with the vast majority of what you've said. I presume the Prologue is intended as an introduction to what the Spartans are. And is the one place where the story complements the game.

As for the music, I too felt it could have done with some additional and familiar Gregorian chants. And you're right, the title screen wailing is a little disconcerting. It almost warbles in places. Instead of soothing you.

No, Sorry. Haven't seen the Street Fighter video.

For a first effort, I think Halo 4 is a great achievement. Halo 5 should be a pretty perfect version of Halo. Hopefully.

And I agree with the need to balance multiplayer. As an intermediate plater I now have
better scores compared to Reach and Halo 3. So long as I don't push my luck. And the ordnance drops allow me to do that.

Perhaps ordnance should instead provide an armour ability.

Ghazi

The fuck is this?

New real time facial tea bags?
:D

All of the Halo campaigns are fantastic. If I had to rank them,

CE > ODST > H3 > H2 > H4 > Reach

I'm still disappointed that no Halo campaign has even tried to match the open-world maps of CE and I think I should just give up on that happening now. ODST was perfect, the only flaw was that it wasn't a full game. Halo 3 has great large scale battles. Halo 2 offered a wide variety of environments and has the most adventure of any Halo campaign, but I rank it below Halo 3 due to how linear it was. It's hard to decide if Halo 4 or Reach is better but I'm giving the edge to Halo 4 due to the dark setting and best character dialogue and graphics we've seen in the series. Reach had the best ending of any game and if the entire campaign had the vibe of Lone Wolf, it could have been better than CE.

Real bad.

Yeah, the UNSC stuff wasn't too great. But I loved the Forerunner stuff. Just wish the Didact's reveal had some more weight to it.

Pop

For a first effort, I think Halo 4 is a great achievement. Halo 5 should be a pretty perfect version of Halo. Hopefully.

And I agree with the need to balance multiplayer. As an intermediate plater I now have
better scores compared to Reach and Halo 3. So long as I don't push my luck. And the ordnance drops allow me to do that.

Perhaps ordnance should instead provide an armour ability.

Better scores? So you like things handed to you, with this easier noobie friendly halo game.

ffs

Can we just get classic halo playlist back without personal drop crates or AA's.

Hell give us some playlist alongside Infinity. Can't believe some people think H4 is the "norm" for halo now, we never asked for this. 343i gave it and the people showed what they want their halo to be.

IHaveIce

Banned
Better scores? So you like things handed to you, with this easier noobie friendly halo game.

ffs

Can we just get classic halo playlist back without personal drop crates or AA's.

Hell give us some playlist alongside Infinity. Can't believe some people think H4 is the "norm" for halo now, we never asked for this. 343i gave it and the people showed what they want their halo to be.

Play throwdown

Anyone here attempted Halo 4 levels laso? Any harder or easier than 3 or Reach?

Just did the campaign weekly with three skulls on and it makes the encounters noticably more compelling. Plus playing ELO's Living Thing and Ciara's Oh on the xbox player while going through the level really freshens things up.

Nowise10

Anyone here attempted Halo 4 levels laso? Any harder or easier than 3 or Reach?

Just did the campaign weekly with three skulls on and it makes the encounters noticably more compelling. Plus playing ELO's Living Thing and Ciara's Oh on the xbox player while going through the level really freshens things up.

Its pretty challenging, but not impossible. It pars up with Reach LASO

Promethean Knights with Incineration cannons, or Binary Rifles are really frustrating though :l

Its pretty challenging, but not impossible. It pars up with Reach LASO

Promethean Knights with Incineration cannons, or Binary Rifles are really frustrating though :l

Yea, I did the majority of Reach's slaso and it was ridiculously difficult. Obviously had to follow Tyrant's guide step by step. I'll never forget doing the Boardwalk campaign level, having to jetpack outside of the graphics across that chasm then backsmacking the brute chieftan. Also Autumn slaso took me about 3 and a half hours.

Halo 4's campaign seems a lot more linear, I wonder what tricks Tyrant or others have come up with to skip certain sections (I know about the one on Composer).

Ghazi

I remember doing Reach co-op LASO with 2 friends when it was one of the challenges and after about two hours we made it to the end of Pillar of Autumn, then I wanted to turn on the lights in my room and the power in the whole house went out, I was host and my friends got pissed. We never attempted LASO together again lol.

I remember doing Reach co-op LASO with 2 friends when it was one of the challenges and after about two hours we made it to the end of Pillar of Autumn Then I wanted to turn on the lights in my room and the power in the whole house went out, I was host and my friends got pissed. We never attempted LASO together again lol.

OWWWWWWWwWW

Did something similar on lnos. Got through the beach section which took long enough, beat the star wars bit then my friend lagged out once inside the cruiser. I came back in the game and the elites were static and you couldn't go through doors. I too decided on no co-op runs for laso after that.

Ghazi

OWWWWWWWwWW

Did something similar on lnos. Got through the beach section which took long enough, beat the star wars bit then my friend lagged out once inside the cruiser. I came back in the game and the elites were static and you couldn't go through doors. I too decided on no co-op runs for laso after that.
lol, that's why JIP campaign co-op would killer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo 4's campaign is beautiful though. I also think the first few levels are the best in the game. The sense of wonder and awe still exists in the ship and when you first set foot on Requiem, it just doesn't last. The Forerunner interiors look amazing though.

Tawpgun

Halo 4 looks great. Music execution isn't as good except for the midnight trench run and sequence before the didact.

Gameplay has to be the worst though. Smaller, more linear, encounters not as interesting.

Hope the added power of the next box lets 343 return to big classic halo battles

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member

ffs

I don't like them handed to me, but if offered I'll take it. But it does allow a weaker player (me) to perform better, as long as you know and don't push your limits. Of course, it's highly unlikely that I'll come top in a match, but that's not why i play multiplayer.

An example of how Ordnace and AAs assist my performance is on Ragnarock. Most players on the teams that I've played with don't, for some reason, head for the sniper rifle. So I grab it, push forward of the structure and utilise the rocks as cover before repeatedly deploying the auto sentry. Long range targets fall to the sniper rifle. near targets fall to a combination of auto sentry and BR/AR or whatever weapon the ordnance drop blesses me with. But if I push beyond the central hill, opening up many avenues and lines of fire, I die quickly.

Previous Halo games forced me to move forward, which was sometimes a good thing. Other times it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom