• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Buffing the Mantis and Warthog chaingun makes no sense. Without the awful PP spam, they're already super useful.

Hey! We know the Plasma Pistol loadout isn't going anywhere, so we're just buffing up more things to make it even more ridiculous! ^_^

Battle Rifle

Right now, we feel that the mid-range role of this weapon is undermined by the strength of the DMR. To combat this, we are looking at decreasing the kill time for the Battle Rifle through various tweaks. This means testing a “4-shot BR” (currently, the Battle Rifle takes 5 bursts to kill) with a reduced rate of fire, though these changes are not final.

What's the point? Let's say it takes (it doesn't) 2 seconds to kill someone with a 5 shot BR, with a fast rate of fire, and it takes 2 seconds to kill someone with a 4 shot BR, with a slower rate of fire. It doesn't change anything.

Why not just nerf the damn DMR? Why is 343 so in love with that thing that they won't nerf a clearly broken and horrible weapon. DMR should just be removed, terrible, terrible weapon.

BR should also keep it's current rate of fire and just be changed to a 4 shot.

Fotos

What's the point? Let's say it takes (it doesn't) 2 seconds to kill someone with a 5 shot BR, with a fast rate of fire, and it takes 2 seconds to kill someone with a 4 shot BR, with a slower rate of fire. It doesn't change anything.

Why not just nerf the damn DMR? Why is 343 so in love with that thing that they won't nerf a clearly broken and horrible weapon. DMR should just be removed, terrible, terrible weapon.

BR should also keep it's current rate of fire and just be changed to a 4 shot.

When did they say anything about lowering the ROF?

When did they say anything about lowering the ROF?

Battle Rifle

Right now, we feel that the mid-range role of this weapon is undermined by the strength of the DMR. To combat this, we are looking at decreasing the kill time for the Battle Rifle through various tweaks. This means testing a “4-shot BR” (currently, the Battle Rifle takes 5 bursts to kill) with a reduced rate of fire, though these changes are not final.

Reduced Rate of Fire means lowering the Rate of Fire, no?

I INVENTED BLOOD NOVA

q0QSqCzl.jpg

I HAVE THE POWER OF A THOUSAND SUNS

Why is this thread your personal Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/Blog/Vine/Tumblr?

HTupolev

Oh my bad. That doesn't make sense to me.
Simply changing damage so that it's 4-burst rather than 5-burst could imply a HUGE change in kill time. Offset that a bit with a slightly slower RoF, and you could still have a weapon that kills faster than the old one. Considering that the other non-DMR utility weapons are all receiving strict buffs, I'm betting the BR will ultimately be more powerful than the old one.

Fotos

Simply changing damage so that it's 4-burst rather than 5-burst could imply a HUGE change in kill time. Offset that a bit with a slightly slower RoF, and you could still have a weapon that kills faster than the old one. Considering that the other non-DMR utility weapons are all receiving strict buffs, I'm betting the BR will ultimately be more powerful than the old one.

I guess it depends on how much they lower it. But will it even be noticeable?

RoKKeR

Taking breaks from this game does wonders. Every time I come back to it after an extended period of time I always play well and have a great time.

And news of the BR faster kill time is great as well. I just can't get myself to like and do well with the DMR.

Sai-kun

Banned
reach is bad

bloom is bad

aa's are barely tolerable (fuck camo tho)

nades are weird

bloom is bad

lurkers are shit

i did better than i thought i would though.

TCKaos

4sk BR? My weewee is diamonds.

On that note the DMR should probably have its range and auto aim reduced to LR levels instead of buffing the LR. I'm liking everything else, though.

Plasma Pistols should have their EMP ability removed and it should be given to Pulse Grenades. I have no idea if such a thing is feasible, but it would mean that vehicles couldn't be stopped by the PP and then naded to shit by plasmas and it would make the Pulse Grenades more viable as a tool instead of a weapon.

Just throwin' out ideas, I don't expect anything.

Madness

Team Throwdown is so fun to play, how come you guys who play BTB and shit on the other team don't create a team for throwdown? I think with a close/capable team, it's so fun to play. Imagine 4sk BR starts on Haven in throwdown.

Like the bulletin, tweaks/changes and 343i communication these days but am I the only one still wanting to know about 1 sided OBJ or BTB OBJ?

To me sooo many Halo 4 maps would play brilliantly as one sided CTF.

Sai-kun

Banned
shoutouts to jonhywhatever keep the good lurking up
i literally dont want to see you post

thanks for the games, y'all. i was pretty bad/rusty (partially blame bloom) but it was fun anyhow.

shoutouts to jonhywhatever keep the good lurking up
i literally dont want to see you post

thanks for the games, y'all. i was pretty bad/rusty (partially blame bloom) but it was fun anyhow.

At least you didn't go 1 and 11 on Countdown. I'm so sorry guys lol.

Like what?

Just quickly for 1-flag round based -

Smaller 4v4 or 5v5 or 6v6:
Complex, Abandon, Exile, Longbow, Ragnarok, Harvest, Skyline, Daybreak, Landfall, Perdition

Larger 6v6, 7v7 or 8v8:
Complex, Longbow, Exile, Vortex, Shatter, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition

Looking at my stats some of the other MP games that I play, I have noticed that I'm far better at those than I am at Halo. In BF3, my K/D is 3.00, in MW2, my K/D is 2.7... but in Halo? 1.5 on average. Different games, different play-styles, sure, but still...

Halo just has this skill barrier that I cannot pass, I guess.

Striker

Complex - where would you place the flag and designate the defensive area? The map is just built with really no purpose or flow to it.

Abandon - something smaller like Ivory Tower worked because it had several levels to work with and lots of different areas to go. In here there's really no place to go except sit in the middle and wait by the lifts. Why something like Construct didn't work for it, either.

Landfall is actually decent, but I don't think it works for much either. Maybe something like Territories or Plots but neither are included in the game.

Symmetric maps like Ragnarok and Longbow are better for things like 2-flag. Creating 1-flag for it just for the sake of variety is a no-no. Same goes for those others (Vortex is weird, but since it was built up for Dominion I'm not surprised). Build proper asymmetric maps that has a base defense that isn't going to be a grenade hole and with multiple entrances into the flag area is somewhere to start. Actually building maps for objective gametypes is another idea. There seems to be a big focus on creating slayer maps anymore and it almost always falls flat.

Obscured

Just had the worst lag I've ever experienced in Halo 4. So hard to keep back even though you know it is just throwing yourself at a brick wall.

And what is with the love affair for Settler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom