• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

526959_10152551896090333_1908716486_n.jpg

I would like to do a GAF game where each team gets one Forger the rest can only do the battling.

I think biggy, heckfu, myself, and others did this one night by crashing someone's party who was forging and figuring out ways to kill each other / make cool shit happen.

EDIT: there weren't "teams", but still fun.

It'd work on honor rules. 5v5 each team has a forger who can not kill but can be killed and has a high respawn (might have to be honor rule too)

Be a very mazy map to start Where certain walls are deemed off limits before the game starts. The forgers would have to clear a path to battle and could do in battle stuff like drop a powerup drop weapons throw a wall in between a battle someones about to lose.

Stuff like that. Itd basically be regular slayer for everyone else though but I'm sure it would get nuts with the amount of stuff they drop.

It'd work on honor rules. 5v5 each team has a forger who can not kill but can be killed and has a high respawn (might have to be honor rule too)

Be a very mazy map to start Where certain walls are deemed off limits before the game starts. The forgers would have to clear a path to battle and could do in battle stuff like drop a powerup drop weapons throw a wall in between a battle someones about to lose.

Stuff like that. Itd basically be regular slayer for everyone else though but I'm sure it would get nuts with the amount of stuff they drop.

That's not too unbelievable. Just give the monitor a permanent waypoint and no shields and lock off the "default" map, that way it's impossible to accidentally eat up a wall that was there in the beginning.

Would the Monitor be allowed to delete objects placed by the enemy monitor?

Madness

Was just thinking about how it could work, seems plausible.

I'd say the monitor could only have a set budget and can only edit the map up to a certain point/height and not edit the other teams side or something. Or maybe he can't delete their objects but can place them.

I can just picture it now, your side gets sniper and your monitor starts putting down perches and towers to snipe from etc.

I've seen something similar, my little cousins are into minecraft and watch vids on YouTube, they once showed me a hunger games custom game, where certain people could drop down power-ups or food etc.

I was just kidding but now you're in my ignore list thanks to that half-assed apology

Hopefully joking. To make up for it, in that same fileshare there is a video of me assassinating a guy who is trying to assassinate my hologram.

Since I am new, anyone want to quickly summarize the last 15 OTs for me real quick and get me up to speed?

I would like to do a GAF game where each team gets one Forger the rest can only do the battling.

I did this quite a bit in Halo 3. My friends and I treated it as sort of a RTS, where we'd have to get a certain amount of kills for the Monitors to give us some cover or even better weapons. It was actually really fun.

There are sufficient counters to vehicles. I'd say make killballs and PTZ's off limits and keep everything else.

Halo 4 loadouts.gif

As far as the map itself, it would probably be simple enough to wall of the giant island on FI and add a ceiling and make the rest of the map off-limits. Or, if someone wants to get crazy, they could try and connect the two main islands.

NOKYARD

Halo 4 loadouts.gif

As far as the map itself, it would probably be simple enough to wall of the giant island on FI and add a ceiling and make the rest of the map off-limits. Or, if someone wants to get crazy, they could try and connect the two main islands.

Inside the big island with a grid floor would be best.

Tawpgun

No surprise, my favorite song on Halo 4 OST Vol 2 is Never Forget, something Marty wrote.

I don't know how he did it. Maybe it was the knowledge from writing jingles idk. But so many of his songs are so iconic and stand out so well. Neil Davidge's effort is by no means bad, its great. But nothing really sticks out other than To Galaxy and Midnight to me. Lasky's theme was epic sounding but kinda generic.

Madness

No surprise, my favorite song on Halo 4 OST Vol 2 is Never Forget, something Marty wrote.

I don't know how he did it. Maybe it was the knowledge from writing jingles idk. But so many of his songs are so iconic and stand out so well. Neil Davidge's effort is by no means bad, its great. But nothing really sticks out other than To Galaxy and Midnight to me. Lasky's theme was epic sounding but kinda generic.

It's because they were what defined the earlier games as well. I think whatever music that is used when a game becomes iconic, tends to stick with the franchise.

It also doesn't help when one of the best in the business scored the previous games. I'll use Harry Potter as an example. John Williams made the iconic theme. Starting from the 3rd movie on, they started to use less and less of his tunes from the first two films. By the end, I think you hear his Hedwigs theme for a few seconds in a movie that's it. But if you were to choose any music that defines the movies, that would be the theme, it's what unifies the movies so to speak.

That's a pretty weird example, but yesterday I talked about how Nintendo kept 95% of the music from Link to the Past in the videos they showed. And fans will appreciate it as they're walking around Hyrule Field and the traditional overworld theme is playing.

Naturally, Halo 1-3 are what made the series popular, it's music will stand out the most and always define the series. The monks, never forget, e-dorian theme, end Warthog run etc.

I've now played through the Halo 4 campaign twice, I just beat it again two days ago, and yet if I heard the music somewhere, I wouldn't recognize it. That's why I feel the music was substandard in how it was used in the campaign. And it's probably Marty's ability. Because I only beat Reach twice too, but if you played the Pillar of Autumn music, I'd remember Jorge's death, and many other scenes where it was used effectively etc.

No love for Nemesis :(

I thoroughly enjoy both parts of the Soundtrack. Implementation into the game was bad though.

I love Nemesis, Desecration and Legacy. Haven't listened to Vol. 2 yet.

Legacy even has a little easter egg in the Bulgarian choir!

"PRESSSSSING A BUTTTTON THIIIIIING"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom