• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

How much are you (and the rest of HaloGAF) willing to pay for Halo 3 on steam?

Ideally I want to pay $20. $40 at most. But I'd bend over and accept paying $60 if need be.

£40 is a large amount to be asking. Maybe with all DLC in the current Halo 3, and new maps, with a map editor.

Omni

I still don't see how H4 is beating BF3
I give it three months max until BF3 is above Halo 4.

Ideally I want to pay $20. $40 at most. But I'd bend over and accept paying $60 if need be.
I dunno. I don't use steam to buy things because I don't have the bandwidth allowance to download large files all the time. Probably whatever was asked, if I had to be honest

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So guys... Halo 2 Anniversary with muliplayer in tact. or Halo 3 Steam. Pick one (If Halo 3 Steam, Halo 2 and Halo CE don't get steam releases

Team Halo 3 Steam.

Halo 3 Steam, of course.

I think 20 bucks would be good. Maybe 30-40 if they also include ODST's Campaign and Firefight.

u4iX

So guys... Halo 2 Anniversary with muliplayer in tact. or Halo 3 Steam. Pick one (If Halo 3 Steam, Halo 2 and Halo CE don't get steam releases

Team Halo 3 Steam.

H2A on the Xbox 720 Durango Unchained, or whatever in great god's blessing that console's name is now, with full multiplayer intact.

Halo 3's netcode, equipment, sniper with recoil, slow rockets, horrible BR spread, and maps aren't gonna do it for me.

How can you say a big fat no to Colossus Snipes, Burial Mounds Assault, Beaver Creek CTF, Warlock Slayer, Lockout Oddball...?

Like, seriously, Halo 3 is the worst in the series multiplayer wise and I'm not joking, yes, Reach was better.

heckfu

Banned
Like, seriously, Halo 3 is the worst in the series multiplayer wise and I'm not joking, yes, Reach was better.

Jesus, quit agreeing with me already.

Plus, we're going to get both H2A and H3 steam so don't fret. We're going to get ALL the games!

u4iX

Jesus, quit agreeing with me already.

Plus, we're going to get both H2A and H3 steam so don't fret. We're going to get ALL the games!

Ugh, why do you always have to be so daft, punk...

I really do want H2A on the Nex-Box 720 Kickflip Dodge Durango Box though...

u4iX

System designs of H3 with the netcode of Reach. Ship it. Profit.

Take out the BR spread and I'll lean towards this...

But, good god, does no one remember Blackout? Biggest nightmare fuel of all time.

Who wouldn't want the original Midship to play FFA, TS, Oddball, and Flag?

The H3 Midship remake did NOT play the same. It was not to the same scale as H2 Midship, the ramps towards P2 were specifically a problem because you could traverse them in about a full second faster in H3 than in H2.

wwm0nkey

I want both but if I had to choose it would be Halo 2. Maps are a huge factor in this for me because while 3 had some good ones I will NEVER get tired of Halo 2 maps.

heckfu

Banned

But, good god, does no one remember Blackout? Biggest nightmare fuel of all time.

The H3 Midship remake did NOT play the same. It was not to the same scale as H2 Midship, the ramps towards P2 were specifically a problem because you could traverse them in about a full second faster in H3 than in H2.

Turf.

^ look! I just convinced everyone why it should be remade.

TheOddOne

I can live with this.

Turf.

^ look! I just convinced everyone why it should be remade.
Stoopid Heckpooooo.

H2A on the Xbox 720 Durango Unchained, or whatever in great god's blessing that console's name is now, with full multiplayer intact.

Halo 3's netcode, equipment, sniper with recoil, slow rockets, horrible BR spread, and maps aren't gonna do it for me.

How can you say a big fat no to Colossus Snipes, Burial Mounds Assault, Beaver Creek CTF, Warlock Slayer, Lockout Oddball...?

What? Halo 3 seriously did much better than Halo 2. Gameplay wise, Halo 3 wasn't as buggy and as awkward as Halo 2. Halo 3 seriously did everything better in my opinion aside from net-codding. Equipment was fine and added much to the game in a positive way. Rockets being slow isn't that bad. BR Spread was bad, but fine. Maps weren't bad either, just not as good as Halo 2 Halo 3 has some amazing maps. The Pit, Guardian, Avalanche, Valhalla, Foundry, Last Stand, High Ground, etc.

wwm0nkey

Reasons for Halo 2
-Dat BR
-Best objective settings
-Midship
-Lockout (seriously)
-Turf (How do you not like Turf?)
-Relic
-Terminal
-Sanctuary (4v4 TDM and Flag all day every day!)
-Warlock
-Zanzibar (OPEN THE GATES!)
-Foundation (Building box forts for infection!)
-Desolation
-Ascension (ToP anyone?)
-Burial Mounds (assault and Flag)
-Coagulation (movement, hills blocking fire and no DMR)
-Containment (best CTF matches ever)
-Water Works (big team objective heaven)
-Headlong (sooooo good)

Reasons for Halo 3
-Shit BR (not really a plus, just need to remind people)
-The Pit (amazing)
-Valhalla (not bad)
-Guardian (pretty good)
-High Ground (fun for objectives)
-Standoff
-Construct
-Citadel

Halo 2 Vista does have modding tools, though.

HAHAHAHA! Sorry but Halo 2 Vista's modding is a complete joke.

kylej

Banned
here's a pic of tashi recording the latest podcast

pitcherr3.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
halogaf-radio.jpg

Podcast host Tashi(@Tashi0106) is joined by HaloGAF member Heckfu(@Heckfu) on a very special HaloGAF Radio. Guests include Frank O’Connor, Kevin Franklin and Andy “Bravo” Dudynsky of 343 Industries to discuss CSR, Weapon Balances and general Halo 4 topics. Recorded on April 13, 2013. (1:22:32)

http://halogaf.com/2013/04/19/episode-13-frank-oconnor-kevin-franklin-andy-bravo-dudynsky/

Please leave feedback and stuff in this thread <3
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472100&page=4

kylej

Banned
i didnt realize heckfu was going to be in that but i should've guessed. tashi you missed a great chance to do a choral rendition of I Less Than 343

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom