• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enzo gonna Enzo... The armour in 4 is awful. The only helmet I use is the Mark VI, the rest look so dumb.

Before launch I remember seeing a helmet that looked very similar to the Crysis nanosuit hemlet. Must have been cut because I dont see it anywhere. Not that I look anymore since i unlocked Mark VI...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo gonna Enzo... The armour in 4 is awful. The only helmet I use is the Mark VI, the rest look so dumb.

Before launch I remember seeing a helmet that looked very similar to the Crysis nanosuit hemlet. Must have been cut because I dont see it anywhere. Not that I look anymore since i unlocked Mark VI...
The old armors look so dated in Halo 4. Sticks out like an eyesore, just like the Halo 1 armor in Halo 3. You instantly look at it like DAMN that shit aged badly. I prefer to keep my rose tinted glasses son.

The worst bits of the 4 armor are the shoulders and abundant black areas, other than that the armor is fine.

When you look at the helmet from any other angle than this one:

1681797-slide-slide-3-halo-4-behind-the-live-action.jpg

It looks fine and the lines are akin to that of it's predecessors.

Overdoziz

Banned
Even if Stockpile was at its core a good gametype (which it isn't), Bungie would've (and did) still kill it with the way they set up objectives on maps and the settings in the gametypes. It was so frustrating to see Bungie butcher objective gametypes game after game.
Then 343 saves the day with 30-40 second flag reset times on a map the size of a peanut.

sigh

Even if Stockpile was at its core a good gametype (which it isn't), Bungie would've (and did) still kill it with the way they set up objectives on maps and the settings in the gametypes. It was so frustrating to see Bungie butcher objective gametypes game after game.
Then 343 saves the day with 30-40 second flag reset times on a map the size of a peanut.

sigh

Feels like Halo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jZn9E3g44

Please stop discussing armor. Halo 4 armor looks terrible, Its been soulless armor pieces since Halo 3. Looks are not important. Lets make gameplay better.

The old armors look so dated in Halo 4. Sticks out like an eyesore, just like the Halo 1 armor in Halo 3. You instantly look at it like DAMN that shit aged badly. I prefer to keep my rose tinted glasses son.

The worst bits of the 4 armor are the shoulders and abundant black areas, other than that the armor is fine.

When you look at the helmet from any other angle than this one:
can we please refrain from saying that the armours have "aged", i mean it usually makes little sense but that sounds like a particularly ridiculous qualifier in this context when it's just aesthetics.

i'd say i probably like 3's vi most of all just because it's so damn sleek, halo 4's is ridiculous with its floaties shoulders and thong codpiece. helmet looks like a knockoff.

i will agree that wars' iv looks like shit tho.

Agree completely with bolded

I havent changed my armour in forever. Did way more in Reach.

Reach armour
Minus ridiculous shoulders
>>> All

I mean seriously...

0:7:7:7:6:2:2:2.jpg

Look at that dumbass chest piece, H for Halo!!! And that helmet, seriously just Fuck Halo 3

IHaveIce

Banned
can we please refrain from saying that the armours have "aged", i mean it usually makes little sense but that sounds like a particularly ridiculous qualifier in this context when it's just aesthetics.

i'd say i probably like 3's vi most of all just because it's so damn sleek, halo 4's is ridiculous with its floaties shoulders and thong codpiece. helmet looks like a knockoff.

i will agree that wars' iv looks like shit tho.

Yeah the shoulder pads are so dumb.

Also Ezio, the MC armor in Halo 4 is one of the better new ones, shame it isn't in MP

Going to have to disagree their Eagle.
Her Halo 2 design was the best in my book. Her face was.. weird in Halo 3 and when combined with her increased "sexiness" it was not my cup of tea.

Her Halo 4 model is both impressive and a little too blatantly naked.

The Chief's models are all fine, I have niggles with each, but ultimately like them all.
I do prefer 3's and feel it was a much more logical evolution of 2's than 4's was of any of them.

Going to have to disagree their Eagle.
Her Halo 2 design was the best in my book. Her face was.. weird in Halo 3 and when combined with her increased "sexiness" it was not my cup of tea.

Her Halo 4 model is both impressive and a little too blatantly naked.

The Chief's models are all fine, I have niggles with each, but ultimately like them all.
I do prefer 3's and feel it was a much more logical evolution of 2's than 4's was of any of them.

Hardly an evolution? Just got scuffed up a bit?

Step forward then. The build is different, the helmet is shaped slightly different and the main Spartan model really looked just beautiful in MP.

I have to disagree. I thought 2s MP model looked the best. 3s cartoony, tripping on acid, bright ass colours, super shiny like someone just waxed and polished the armour look was just shitty.

If anything Halo 3s MP would match the whole Infinity holodeck thing because the armour was too fucking clean and shiny.

Todays ranking

2>CE>Reach>4>3

Fuck Halo 3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Agree completely with bolded

I havent changed my armour in forever. Did way more in Reach.

Reach armour
Minus ridiculous shoulders
>>> All

I mean seriously...

0:7:7:7:6:2:2:2.jpg

Look at that dumbass chest piece, H for Halo!!! And that helmet, seriously just Fuck Halo 3
Scout is by far the worst helmet to ever grace the series. I don't understand what the fuck people see in it.

Also looking at the Halo 3 armor in that picture, I just hate the gloss they gave the shit in cutscenes. Just everything about that image makes it looks like a next gen testing ground for effects and turns me off.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have to disagree. I thought 2s MP model looked the best. 3s cartoony, tripping on acid, bright ass colours, super shiny like someone just waxed and polished the armour look was just shitty.

If anything Halo 3s MP would match the whole Infinity holodeck thing because the armour was too fucking clean and shiny.

Todays ranking

2>CE>Reach>4>3

Fuck Halo 3

KVhOrtg.gif

Todays ranking

2>CE>Reach>4>3

Fuck Halo 3

3 is nice still,4 is the ugliest one by far.

Halo 3 Armor had Security and the Katana. Otherwise it blew hard.

Oh, and ODST. ODST in Halo 3 and Reach were awesome. 343 I am disappoint you didn't put it in Halo 4.

DeadNames

Banned
But the glaring flaws are going to stay there by design on purpose because random power weapons is Halo now.

But that seed was planted with Reach.

Thanks Obungie.

I'd poop on you with those settings.

I might poop on you with those settings.

C-come at m-me d-dude!! Me and m-my c-clan, the 420 Spartan S-Squad will wreck y-... uh... you!!!

Also you do get to play the core gameplay in Halo 4. The first minute of the game is somewhat tolerable. Throwdown is good, I just get thrashed every time lol.

I know! It's crazy. Halo 4 might have some GLARING flaws, but at least the core gameplay is good.

Spartan Lasers, 50% gravity, 300% movement speed, Hemmorhage. I'll be waiting.

Core was good in Reach,at least it felt something like a Halo game.

Halo 3 Armor had Security and the Katana. Otherwise it blew hard.

Oh, and ODST. ODST in Halo 3 and Reach were awesome. 343 I am disappoint you didn't put it in Halo 4.

Halo 3 was great. Core gameplay was solid,forge and films.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In one of the most populated playlist in Halo 4, I JIP into a laggy game. The host does not change the entire time. A player is idle and I have a guest as my team mate.

Halo 4

DeadNames

Banned
Fool vs the fool that follows

True.

343 had a perfect chance to go back to awesome Halo. But no we just have to get this weird ass Halo-CoD baby, minus the spectator mode and ranks.

And I hate to play the devil's advocate here, but judging by all the awesome cut content that was found in Halo 4, I'd say the game was severely rushed.

RIP ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom