• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

Weird, I got a call from "Microsoft" for an interview about game testing (I signed up for it ages ago). I have no idea if it was legit or not; I wasn't asked any personal/weird questions. I did a brief survey, and was told I didn't qualify. Wonder if it was legitimate or not.

Didn't GrizzNKev do something like this awhile back?

I got a call as well (atleast I think), didn't answer and did a search on the number. It seems like the number is for MS playtesting.

Damn it, I hope they call back.

Halo Combat Evolved has the best soundtrack/sound design in any Halo game. Hands down, no argument is valid against this.

Damned fine game music in CE, Jason Jones was right that Marty is the only member that can single handedly ratchet a Halo game up another 25-50% with his music.

For me though it's Halo 2 all the way, just listen to Delta Halo during the cutscene and when you storm the ruins, that is Halo to me
. Really listen to Cairo Suite & Delta Halo Suite from the Halo OST Volume 2, just insane feels there. You literally feel like you're playing the game by just listening to the music.

Fracas you had the opportunity to save Halo 5.

anakin-skywalker.jpg

ac3 start is real boring

Sadly is the most interesting part....

kylej

Banned
well that sucks then. I loved Renaissance Italy assassins creed. This feels a bit hollow. Also WTF at the terrible forced attempts at humor in the journal/database/whatever entries. In the previous games you would get really interesting historical information with maybe a dab here or there of humor. Nothing more than a wink or nod. Now there are shitty 4th wall internet jokes in every paragraph. ubisoft pls

Does Pizza Hut do delivery? The three around me dont...I ordered online and realized I had to pick it up, if they didnt charge my card already I would have never gone and got it.

Korosenai

well that sucks then. I loved Renaissance Italy assassins creed. This feels a bit hollow. Also WTF at the terrible forced attempts at humor in the journal/database/whatever entries. In the previous games you would get really interesting historical information with maybe a dab here or there of humor. Nothing more than a wink or nod. Now there are shitty 4th wall internet jokes in every paragraph. ubisoft pls
What sequence are you on? There's a pretty cool plot twist early on. Made me say holy shit out loud.

Ghazi

Does Pizza Hut do delivery? The three around me dont...I ordered online and realized I had to pick it up, if they didnt charge my card already I would have never gone and got it.

Mine delivers, but like I said earlier they don't deliver to my house though Dominoes does.

I can see it now, no longer do we have to read friends wives automated Farmville Facebook posts, just get it directly from our mates every time they order a pizza for home delivery. I can't wait to see what pizza count per week some friends rack up with this while forgetting they linked their Facebook, Pizza Hut and XBL gamertag account...Oh my.

Maybe they should do a "before and after" secret Kinect photo capture and auto-post the monthly photo results to Facebook. Interesting, just as Kinect/Wii/Move get players physically active we do a 180 and offer up Pizza delivered with the push of a few controller buttons all while never having to leave the couch.

Off-topic question: if I were to create a brandle (new name/handle with the potential for brand awareness) should I go with Truer Tempest or Gravity Gauntlet?

They both sound like classy fonts, now that I think about it.

Defect

lol. But seriously, Halo 3 is what made me love the Halo franchise. So strange seeing people calling it bad after everyone I know/every Halo community I've been too (Bungie.net/Waypoint) universally agree that Halo 3 was the best.

Halo 3 was my first Halo game. It is my most played game ever. I had so many memories. It is the reason why I got an Xbox. I saw so many Halo 2 and 3 machinimas and music videos and wtf moments and I became interested. All my friends were even talking about the game and how awesome it was. So I got an Xbox and Halo 3 and hopped online and was hooked. Met many friends through customs and matchmaking that I still have and talk to today. It was the only game that I would play for 10+ hours everyday. I wasn't even competitive until a year later and playing for that 50 was just amazing. When I got on Xbox, it wasn't Xbox I was going on, it was Halo 3. It was like the hub of Xbox. Everyone was playing this game on my friends list. It was the best.

Then Modern Warfare 2 came out and the majority of my friends went there. I still stayed on Halo 3 with my group until Reach came out and ruined everything. Nobody was playing customs. Everything was shit. It was so boring. There was nothing to play for because Arena was terrible. I stuck with it for a year and a half then just gave up. Halo 4 was supposed to be the game that brings everything back. But it was even worse than Reach and all my friends stopped playing. I don't even play Xbox much anymore.

I wish I had an Xbox during the Halo 2 days so I could experience how it was in it's prime. But Halo 3 will always be my favorite.

Anyone here have a 3DS?

Any 3DS or really good DS games I should pick up? My collection right now is NSMB, MK7, Pokemon Black, Pokemon HG, and Resident Evil Revelations. I just sold OoT, which I bought at launch but did not enjoy much at all.

+2 CSR ranks and a Large Pizza Hute Pizza with 1 topping for 9.99!

2x exp weekend when ordering a 6 pack of 16 oz Mt Dews along with your pizza!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone here have a 3DS?

Any 3DS or really good DS games I should pick up? My collection right now is NSMB, MK7, Pokemon Black, Pokemon HG, and Resident Evil Revelations. I just sold OoT, which I bought at launch but did not enjoy much at all.
Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion are great. I hear Fire Emblem is what the cool kids are playing too, though I wouldn't know.

KH3D is great too if you're into that.

Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion are great. I hear Fire Emblem is what the cool kids are playing too, though I wouldn't know.

KH3D is great too if you're into that.

Amazon has Luigi's Mansion at like $60. wtf. I tried Fire Emblem on GBA but didn't really enjoy it much.

Is KH3D like the PS2 games? Gameplay wise? Or is it like those garbage card games from GBA?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Playing CTF: Myself and a teammate go to pull the flag. There's a guy camping with a sword behind cover next to it. I find a Gravity Hammer and rush with him. He grabs flag, gets killed by sword guy. I swing my hammer...and nothing.

Fucking mid-animation I auto-pickup the flag, and get killed by the sword guy. Why am I playing this game.

Why you doin' this to me Frankie, I thought we were pals

Anyone here have a 3DS?

tumblr_me4p7lsUmM1r95togo1_250.gif

Might have an extra spot on my friends list after this..

Tunavi

Banned
Anyone here have a 3DS?

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiireeeeeeeeee embleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

Playing CTF: Myself and a teammate go to pull the flag. There's a guy camping with a sword behind cover next to it. I find a Gravity Hammer and rush with him. He grabs flag, gets killed by sword guy. I swing my hammer...and nothing.

Fucking mid-animation I auto-pickup the flag, and get killed by the sword guy. Why am I playing this game

Ahaha get the D stain. Go play Reach.

tumblr_me4p7lsUmM1r95togo1_250.gif

Might have an extra spot on my friends list after this..

:(

I got stuck in the big tree thing at the beginning, looked up help on how to do it, tried to continue and just kept getting bored.

I should have probably tried it more, but Amazon was offering $25 + $20 Bonus for it, so I'm really profiting on the game by about $3.

:(

I got stuck in the big tree thing at the beginning, looked up help on how to do it, tried to continue and just kept getting bored.

I should have probably tried it more, but Amazon was offering $25 + $20 Bonus for it, so I'm really profiting on the game by about $3.

A man of business, your spot is saved. Some day you must revisit it though. You must.

lol and try Super Mario 3D Land

DeadNames

Banned
In a few months I'll be able to legally by myself Rated-M games instead of giving my parents the money and having them pick it up for me. :D

Am I the youngest user here? I doubt it. :p

if you're turning seventeen soon, I'm definitely the youngest here. halogaf's own babby reporting in at 16 on May 10th.

m23

I feel so old.

I'll ask one more time, if anyone wants a $20 off preorder code for Last of Us let me know. Only works for Canadians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom