• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question because I'm curious. Hey guys, do you find the constant use of emoticons like :D XD >_< :) :( in my posts annoying? Or do you guys not care? I'll stop if I annoy anyone with them.

Wtf. HaloGAF is full of children. Im graduating college in a month.

CE was my first Halo, 2 was the best.

Also never played a zelda game.

I graduate High School in 1 year. :D

Tunavi

Banned
12ZEp.jpg

Omni

I didn't realise that some people were as young as they are. I'm turning 14 this year.

Well... I'm already 20.

No, the opening.

Eh, I don't care too much. I'd get spoiled but have forgotten said spoiler a few months before I even get around to seeing it. I was just calling out what I saw were spoilers. If one half of your gif ain't a spoiler, well ain't that nice.

Tread carefully if you aren't up to date with GoT I guess?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Eh, I don't care too much. I'd get spoiled but have forgotten said spoiler a few months before I even get around to seeing it. I was just calling out what I saw were spoilers. If one half of your gif ain't a spoiler, well ain't that nice.

Tread carefully if you aren't up to date with GoT I guess?
I'll keep it clean from here on.

I'll keep it clean from here on.

It's for the best. Some people aren't caught up, some people might be in the middle of season 2 right now, or haven't watched the show at all. With a show so incredibly serialized, there's really no reason for GIFs of the show to be posted in this thread, possibly spoiling it for some.

Madness

I think the age is lower on HaloGAF because the older guys 25+ probably lost interest after Reach or 4. They probably saw it as a way to leave the series behind. I'm 25 and since Halo 2, my own time spent with Halo has been decreasing with each release.

I'm assuming Ghaleon, Big Show, and others who rarely post now make up the old guard.

A yank drinking some Fosters? Who'd of thought that one.

For a real Aussie beer try Broo Beer. Originally when you purchased a case of Broo beer (slab as we call it) you actually got shares in the company and they changed their company constitution to always remain Australian owned. It's a very decent beer for long session drinking but not the best flavour compared to some import beers that are better for 1 or 2 quickies at a BBQ.

I've never seen it here, I'll keep an eye out. Ozzy did you add me to the stream list you made? I aint getting any viewers!

Yes mate, you're in the Players section
zaFRCeg.gif

I've posted here once before about my surprise at the lack of response to streaming and I'm pretty amazed that streamers don't post in that sticky thread when they're broadcasting. You are more than welcome to post directly in that thread.

For reference check out how many community forums I hit up and the distinct lack of forum replies or enthusiasm. I'll have to check the number of viewers on the sticky thread myself to ascertain if viewers are happening on the sticky thread. Overall I just wanted to raise awareness and hopefully spread some viewing pleasure. BTB.net even do giveaways of castle codes and such, I think between BTB, GandhiMLG & Ninja they're the most active in terms of Halo 4 streams.

What was it that AGL streaming hit, peak 6K concurrent with an average around 4K I think.

Live Gameplay: A Streaming Hub, Post or Watch

ACLPRO

Halo Council

Ready Up Live

MLG

2old2play

ForgeHub

343Industries.org

Pulse e-sports

European Gaming League

Adversity Gaming

BigTeamBattle.net

That would be useful if there were lights showing active ones.

I try to do a reply post with key streams when I get the Twitch email and do a little live summary broadcast for tournaments too. I think I've posted 3 streams today alone. Sadly it seems to basically be me finding streams, events, sites and updating that thread on my own. I intended for the streamers to post there as they broadcast so it's a potential find for non-twitch users/followers and the masses over at Waypoint too. I like the idea of lights on active ones though, it would be a cool Waypoint feature or one for next gen integration. I'll fire off the idea to the web team, maybe something will fester for the next web/game/console version.

Blue moon is not very good. Too salty. no pun intended.

I put Agave Nectar in my tea, I guess the GI is low and the sugar spikes slower in your body so its not so bad healthwise?

Blue Moon stinks but I wanted to try this, the GF loves Blue Moon though so I'll let her have it tomorrow.

Obscured

Well 13+ has been the requirement since... well, forever on websites. Hence the "ask your parents before logging onto whatever sugary cereal's contest website" notifications, et al. No idea what the actual law is, though it must be federal.

COPPA - it is a federal law. Basically 13 and under you are a child and dealing with children's privacy online is more pain than most sites want to deal with.

IN OTHER NEWS: After successfully avoiding all spoilers for a full day (seriously hard), watched last night's episode. I legitimately loved Dani's stuff. Like, gave me a chubby. And that other thing? Holy shit. Not to mention that one scheme. Hnnnnnngggg

That was so good.

That is how you go about ------ a ----- ----. So much good this season, I've been inspired to reread the books.

Also, Halo is great

Booshka

It's hard to readjust to Bloom. I "pace" and shoot slowly but even that's to fast. I guess I can't get used to 100% bloom.

iGoturPistola is one of the Greatest Halo players of all time, dude just spammed his balls off in Halo Reach when MLG still had bloom, don't bother pacing unless you are shooting someone in BTB ranges.

Think about, if everyone just spams nonstop as a team, you are putting out as much damage as possible, and the luck of the draw full bloom headshot slot machine has 4x time the chances of working.

Great mechanic.

Pop

iGoturPistola is one of the Greatest Halo players of all time, dude just spammed his balls off in Halo Reach when MLG still had bloom, don't bother pacing unless you are shooting someone in BTB ranges.

Think about, if everyone just spams nonstop as a team, you are putting out as much damage as possible, and the luck of the draw full bloom headshot slot machine has 4x time the chances of working.

Great mechanic.

Don't tell juices that

Booshka

Don't tell juices that

Well I don't even mind it that much, I like Reach more than the latter half of the shit Halo's, but I just know that the bloom is total nonsense and don't try to solve the pacing puzzle.

All my pacing and careful consideration for shot cadence is reserved for Shadowrun, where the mechanic is actually well-designed, balanced and though out.

Well I don't even mind it that much, I like Reach more than the latter half of the shit Halo's, but I just know that the bloom is total nonsense and don't try to solve the pacing puzzle.

All my pacing and careful consideration for shot cadence is reserved for Shadowrun, where the mechanic is actually well-designed, balanced and though out.

I know but in the end pacers come out on top. Pistola I'm sure is only spammign cause he knows his shots will hit cause hes been in every situation 1000 times from practice. Or you know he knows his team is with him so he can spam a few and back away and let them finish. They really shouldnt be out in the open when they arent shooting so they shouldnt have to pace.

I guess.

Booshka

I know but in the end pacers come out on top. Pistola I'm sure is only spammign cause he knows his shots will hit cause hes been in every situation 1000 times from practice. Or you know he knows his team is with him so he can spam a few and back away and let them finish. They really shouldnt be out in the open when they arent shooting so they shouldnt have to pace.

I guess.

Go watch MLG gameplay with bloom, almost everyone is spamming. They are focusing and teamshooting with callouts so they all spam to deal the most damage. If they were to pace the guy they were shooting could just sprint around a corner.

Go watch MLG gameplay with bloom, almost everyone is spamming. They are focusing and teamshooting with callouts so they all spam to deal the most damage. If they were to pace the guy they were shooting could just sprint around a corner.

K well I understand, without teamshooting pacing always comes out in the long run. Pros know what they are doing and can peak and shoot and shit and dominate. They are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom