• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

HGS = HaloGAF Sux.

You heard it here first
tumblr_mamwvtyjtb1qjvljno1_500.gif

Pretty minor, but double melee was much more an issue in reach than it is in H4.

Also, "Easy progression system"... reaches progression system was awful. H4's isn't much better either, just different.

Yea, they both have issues, but there were very few inheritors 6 months after Reach. I guess the "emphasis on cR" point for Reach was directed towards the progression rank, which really only encouraged grinding, AFKing and stat padding to maximum earn.

I think H4 melee speed might be faster than Reach's. I'll remove that point for now.

And 3 Legged Goat should've added "Lack of death markers" in the problems, because the game shipped without them for no reason (lol specializations) and the "fix" is terrible at best.

Would that go under HUD issues or be a separate thing on its own? EDIT: Will just list it with HUD and bump something else down.

Ghazi

is Halo 3 PC out yet
Only when HaloGAF turns 20

I used to be 17 like you. Then I took a decade to the face.

:(
It's depressing thinking I'm that young (for me) because I mostly associate with people older than me like I said in that post. So I generally feel out of place and I'm not as experienced as the other students in the university are. I spend more time dealing with an age group older than me than I do with kids my own age, so generally I'm not a very social/talkative person (my English sucks anyway, so that's a crappy barrier to deal with too)

#stealthbrag

Wow, you're younger than me.

image.php

EDIT: I figured I'd ask you guys to make sure I'm not just wasting my time first. Would anyone be interested in reading a blog post called "Identity" concerned with making sure the weapon sandbox persists as visually distinct from names to weapon designs to projectiles? There's upwards of 50 weapons in the "Platinum" sandbox for campaign / custom games while the barebones Ranked and Social sandboxes use significantly less.

Couple of fun facts to help give you guys an idea of some design philosophies:
-The URF or United Rebel Front is a combination of Insurrectionists troops and Brutes, Drones, Skirmishers, and Drinol.
-Manmade URF weapons all have a "-rel" suffix, such as Mandrel.
-Save for the Brute Shot, all alien URF weapons have an "-er" suffix.
-Both borrow from a similar aesthetic style; human URF weapons utilize a "junk-punk" aesthetic with high emphasis colder blue-tinted steel on green highlights, while alien URF weapons rely on warmer red-tinted steel and hot reddish-orange highlights.
-The UNSC and URF weapons rely almost completely on warm colors while the Covenant and Forerunner weapons use cool blues and purples.

If there is nothing else to drink, I'll have 1. I have never enjoyed beer, at all.

That's because 99.9% of beer is shit.

Liquor bro. That's where it's at. Although there is one local ale here that's not bad. But yeah, beer's only purpose for me is intoxication, and I'd prefer to enjoy the process, not just the result.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Liquor bro. That's where it's at. Although there is one local ale here that's not bad. But yeah, beer's only purpose for me is intoxication, and I'd prefer to enjoy the process, not just the result.

Bwa. Beer is good, you just have to find the right beers. I wouldn't pass up a scotch though.

My more recent love is a nice Bloody Mary. Typically without drinking too much, I can still feel pretty hungover the next day regardless of how much water I drink, or late night Mexican I've consumed. Not with a Bloody Mary though. I think tomatoes are like my cure all.

When I go out, beer will be my main drink. Mainly because it's the cheapest alcohol containing drink to buy, but I can also really enjoy a nice beer on a hot day. Luckily, Holland has some great beer, plus we have 2 awesome neighbours when it comes to beer.

Fuchsdh

Reminds me of the old (British?) joke about American beer:

"What's the difference between American beer and sex in a canoe?"
"What?"
"Nothing. They're both fucking close to water."

UK HaloGAF, for those of you who use US Netflix....

Did your Netflix change back to UK Netflix? Mine did, Im using a US DNS on my xbox but its not working now for some reason.

Did it get fixed or do i need to somehow get another American DNS???

Please help.

Only when HaloGAF turns 20

It's depressing thinking I'm that young (for me) because I mostly associate with people older than me like I said in that post. So I generally feel out of place and I'm not as experienced as the other students in the university are. I spend more time dealing with an age group older than me than I do with kids my own age, so generally I'm not a very social/talkative person (my English sucks anyway, so that's a crappy barrier to deal with too)

#stealthbrag
I'm the same. I Hang out with mostly adults. I don't mind though. I don't go out with my friends much anyways, maybe like once a month because I don't like bothering my parents by asking them if they can come over/I can go out.

Shadders

UK HaloGAF, for those of you who use US Netflix....

Did your Netflix change back to UK Netflix? Mine did, Im using a US DNS on my xbox but its not working now for some reason.

Did it get fixed or do i need to somehow get another American DNS???

Please help.

Are you paying for that DNS? If you're on the UnblockUS DNS (which you might be if someone just gave you a DNS and said it would work), then they only let you use it for a certain amount of time before they kick you off.

I use UnblockUS it's $5 a month and works flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom