• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

47760.jpg

IRN BRU is best liquid.

Oh and beer sucks.

Are you paying for that DNS? If you're on the UnblockUS DNS (which you might be if someone just gave you a DNS and said it would work), then they only let you use it for a certain amount of time before they kick you off.

I use UnblockUS it's $5 a month and works flawlessly.

Im assuming thats the case, I got a text from a friend around two months ago with the DNS and it stopped working now. I read they usually only last a week, but this one has worked for months.

Might look into that service. Thanks!

Im assuming thats the case, I got a text from a friend around two months ago with the DNS and it stopped working now. I read they usually only last a week, but this one has worked for months.

Might look into that service. Thanks!

Funny. I just started switching between Canadian and American Netflix's for certain shows and movies that one or the other has but the other doesn't. I know of a few UK and EU DNS's. Are there any worthwhile pieces of content they have that the US 'flix doesn't?

Funny. I just started switching between Canadian and American Netflix's for certain shows and movies that one or the other has but the other doesn't. I know of a few UK and EU DNS's. Are there any worthwhile pieces of content they have that the US 'flix doesn't?

Nothing decent that Ive noticed. Much smaller selection. The only thing I use the UK one for is they have more episodes of Top Gear. Wouldnt hurt to change your DNS and have a browse through anyway. Might be something you'd like on there.

kylej

Banned
big props to comcast. today they started scrambling my basic cable channels requiring me to get a box to see them. I'm going to see if I can get them over the air.

FUCK YOU COMCAST

BigShow36

Here's your typical stages of beer exposure:

Stage 1 - the Noob
"Beer is gross! Schmirnoff stolen from my parents in a waterbottle is the way to go."

Stage 2 - the Noob in (poor) disguise
"I don't get drunk off beer because I'm such a heavyweight, thats why I drink Schmirnoff stolen from my parents."

Stage 3 - the Collegiate
"30 bombs of Key Ice so I can drink all day long. Lighter beers are better for pong anyway."

Stage 4 - the Snob
"Psh, ligh beer? Might as well drink water. I only drink beer brewed at midnight with the darkest roast malt, brewed by an African American brewmaster with coffee."

Stage 5 - the Euro-Snob
"Psh, American beer? I had a layover in Belfast for 2 hours one summer and now I can only drink warm European beer because it's just so much better. Only refined palates can appreciate it though because it's European."

Stage 6 - the Adult
"Warm beer is gross."

Stage 7 - the Seasoned Drinker
"I like light beer on a hot day. I like micro-brews for sipping beer. I have my preferred region of micros and it's not in Europe. I stuff man-cans of Budweiser in my golf bag because I like beer and I want to get a little buzz without getting totally blasted."

Here's your typical stages of beer exposure:

Stage 1 - the Noob
"Beer is gross! Schmirnoff stolen from my parents in a waterbottle is the way to go."

Stage 2 - the Noob in (poor) disguise
"I don't get drunk off beer because I'm such a heavyweight, thats why I drink Schmirnoff stolen from my parents."

Stage 3 - the Collegiate
"30 bombs of Key Ice so I can drink all day long. Lighter beers are better for pong anyway."

Stage 4 - the Snob
"Psh, ligh beer? Might as well drink water. I only drink beer brewed at midnight with the darkest roast malt, brewed by an African American brewmaster with coffee."

Stage 5 - the Euro-Snob
"Psh, American beer? I had a layover in Belfast for 2 hours one summer and now I can only drink warm European beer because it's just so much better. Only refined palates can appreciate it though because it's European."

Stage 6 - the Adult
"Warm beer is gross."

Stage 7 - the Seasoned Drinker
"I like light beer on a hot day. I like micro-brews for sipping beer. I have my preferred region of micros and it's not in Europe. I stuff man-cans of Budweiser in my golf bag because I like beer and I want to get a little buzz without getting totally blasted."

Big show dropping truth bombs in here.

275px-Unibroue_-_La_fin_du_monde.jpg
>

Quebec, Canada, 9%, 750mL ~25 Oz. bottles, corked. Delicious and will get you blacked if you want to. Not sure if they export to USA, but I imagine so.

Tawpgun

I'd love to join in on the alcohol talk but HGS would call me a babby.

Like they will anyway.

PBR is my go to cheap stuff. Buy American! Buy union made!

Ghazi

Database errors the thread, my phone is running on text only mode now.

No, Blanca ;)

Also, only a couple of those for me, sorry. Like I said, most beer taste crap to me. Darker or richer ales are what usually pass.
This reminds me, no joke, all the high school teachers were actually told by the school board to go on UrbanDictionary and get familiar with modern "lingo". Funniest shit ever.

I never knew there were so many brands of beer, my life is complete.

I'm the same. I Hang out with mostly adults. I don't mind though. I don't go out with my friends much anyways, maybe like once a month because I don't like bothering my parents by asking them if they can come over/I can go out.
Brofist!

Gordon

Since everybody is posting their booze, I don't drink often, but this is the scotch I drink on my birthday every year (which coincidentally is today) so cheers! :)

Edit: as for beer, if you can find this anywhere, try it - it's fucking delicious

Edit again: this is the label off the version I've had - can't even find a decent picture of it lol - it was my go-to beer for a long time. Now they never have it in stock.

Gordon

Happy Birthday!

Your pulse grenade needs a party hat

Sell some beer and buy livers.

Ms. Chanandler Bong, get it right.

Happy Birthday, Gordon. I hope you're older than a teenager.

Thanks! :D
And yes, I'm 28 today. Getting close to a decade since I was a 'teen' lmao

I'll be 27 Saturday. We can celebrate birthday week by drinking HaloGaf's booze choices! Happy bday!

And I have adjusted my avatar accordingly

Kopparberg and Bulmers cider is my drink of choice. I like sweet things. Beer, so far, hasn't tasted good to me.

I'll hop on in a few hours for some Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom