• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

Someone needs to photoshop Superintendent's face on a Pizza.
Superintendent needs more face for this lol
ImDtLIz.jpg

National chain pizzas suck.
Pizza Hut is so disgustingly expensive here. It's like $60 for two people delivered.
Edit: to feed two people, not to have two people delivered. I think that costs extra.

Is GAF slow for anyone else? Or receiving Gateway Errors?
My avatar is breaking everything. I deleted it so the page will load. I'll try reuploading later.

Tawpgun

Gp7iDJK.jpg

Brilliant strategy for next gen. Get everyone fat on convenient pizza hut. Sell Kinect Fitness games.

Soon, achievements will net you free Pizza Hut points you can redeem for a small pizza.

Then we'll be able to order using microsoft points.

I have no idea why people are making fun of Microsoft for this Pizza Hut app? It's fucking incredible. People would love it if Google or someone else did it. Oh well, I'll be too busy living in the future where I can order pizza from a motherfuckin game console to listen to anyone.

>2015
>Your Xbox 420 is crisp out of the box, set up and ready to go
>Beautiful minimalist console that's incredibly quiet and has a minute ecological footprint, generates its own wifi hotspot to support always-online games
>Kinect functionality has improved to the point that it can track individual fingers, locking the console with a voice-specific password is available, and most game UI has a toggleable navigation function
>Playing Halo 5, though it was released in the US as HALO: Rex Sacrorum and HALO: Endless Ianuarius internationally
>Multitasking is available, such as downloading content while playing a game thanks to the admirable amount of RAM dedicated to the OS
>Playing War Games with GAF members
>Infinity is the only available multiplayer component
>You call down a Combiner and have it stolen and you're killed, losing the lead
>To promote a more visceral, organic environment, the console itself detects this and begins to aid your team
>Every console tied to the losing Blue Team begins emitting a virtually untraceable vapor known in-house as augmentium oxide, utilizing core components from compounds found in Adderall, Concerta and organic Adrenaline
>Effects are as of now unknown but a string of coincidences are appearing in Xbox players, notably complete halting of melanin production and acquired immunodeficiency, as well as rare cases of "rotting out wombs" during exposure longer than four hours
>Game finishes
>Joking with fellow GAF members in the post-game lobby which now has dynamic ads, requiring 2GB bi-weekly patches to allow for new products to appear
>Crack a joke, uttering "feed it pizza"
>Realize what your curmudgeon tongue has just wrought
>Your family has "feed it pizza" as a Kinect HotComm (hotkey-style shortcut applied to vocal recognition)
>Without question, your Xbox 420 sends an order matching your game results; a corporate partnership has allowed Pizza Hut and Microsoft to intermingle to maximize sales, sending six Meat Lovers' pizzas to your house, matching your KD of +6
>Pizzas are now loaded with amphetamines to improve digital performance but costs have skyrocketed
>Xbox 420 posts your $667.83 purchase to Facebook, Twitter and OmeGAF, a partner of the Gaming Age Forums and Cool Ranch Doritos after Kevin Franklin's purchasing of the site in 2014

Overdoziz

Banned
Gp7iDJK.jpg

Brilliant strategy for next gen. Get everyone fat on convenient pizza hut. Sell Kinect Fitness games.

Soon, achievements will net you free Pizza Hut points you can redeem for a small pizza.

Then we'll be able to order using microsoft points.

Might as well go all the way.

WwQqz90.png

I have no idea why people are making fun of Microsoft for this Pizza Hut app? It's fucking incredible. People would love it if Google or someone else did it. Oh well, I'll be too busy living in the future where I can order pizza from a motherfuckin game console to listen to anyone.

It is awesome. I just don't really like Pizza Hut. They're the McDonald's of the Pizza world. (not that there's anything wrong with McDonald's, especially if the "mood" is right ;) )
pizza hut pizza no thank you. if I'm gonna get pizza it's gonna be Sals

ar129540422942383.JPG

Now THAT's a pizza.

IHaveIce

Banned
Thinking of starting some custom lobbies if I can get enough people playing on the weekend.

Halo 4

No Sprint gametypes with no loadouts
BR Spawns
Classic maps and other forge maps that excel

Anyone interested

So I don't know if many of you know, but I build and paint models, specifically mecha. I have been commissioned to re-paint the 12 inch Halo 4 Master Chief figure. My client wants custom fatiguing and I would like to ask for GAF's assistance and opinion. I have been told to do whatever I want with it, so long as it isn't a 'stock' paint job - he wants weathering and the whole bit.

Here is the figure:

fe92b156-09db-4a4e-8d16-c37fb0a372bc_zps5d0d2447.jpg

b737dbdf-cfd2-4f6c-8204-60c57d9aabe1_zps790f82e7.jpg

Here is some inspiration:

CB26641C-91C5-4BD8-B6AF-2E4285D8F6DD-4366-0000053E87257493_zpsae495aa3.jpg

5F2C5E9F-7FFF-4C7C-A222-243D2971F90E-4366-0000054096D2BA50_zps8946c516.jpg

I am going to use the stripes (bot white and subtle red ones) and make some custom decals, but how do you think I should go about the weathering progress? Any other pics floating around the internet with some cool looking Master Chief color scheme ideas?

Also, if anyone from 343 is looking, I'd love to know how to take this darn thing apart so I can paint the appendages individually. It would help out so much!

m23

Read Silentium if you haven't.

I still have that sitting around. I'm reading through Detroit: An American Autopsy, enjoying it. Will start Silentium as soon as I'm done. I'm actually surprised I didn't start Silentium as soon as I got it, was so hyped for it.

I'll deal with it because it looks exactly like my pup a few months ago. She's awesome btw, but you already knew that.

How's she doing? Mine's getting neutered in a couple days, kinda scared for him.

I don't think so. It's weird. It's exactly 100x120, png format, tried it both interlaced and not, and it's only 21 kb. Maybe if I yell at it...

Uploading to the neogaf servers, not an external host

Edit: Tried using imgur instead - didn't work. Everything is running choppy for me right now. Maybe neogaf just isn't in a 'Gordon' mood today lol

Tried changing my av back today and got the same business, (as you can clearly see). I'm guessing it's a GAF issue.

Homeboyd

How's she doing? Mine's getting neutered in a couple days, kinda scared for him.
She's good. Have a vet appt in the morning. About to close on a house so she can finally have a big yard to run around in. She's like a child to me... Couldn't live without her!

How's yours doing other than the nut cutting?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks like I won't be ordering any pizzas then. I'll just stick to the Pizza Hut phone app.

Uh, the Gaming side thread said no, even silvers can use it.

EDIT: Major Williams, is that Chief figure the Play Arts one? I need it. Also, re: paint, did he want just custom coloring?

EDIT2:

Also, speaking of vehicle ordinance drops, BF3 beat Halo to it.

Battlefield 3: End Game allows you deploy vehicles to strategic points on the Battlefield from the dropship.

So I don't know if many of you know, but I build and paint models, specifically mecha. I have been commissioned to re-paint the 12 inch Halo 4 Master Chief figure. My client wants custom fatiguing and I would like to ask for GAF's assistance and opinion. I have been told to do whatever I want with it, so long as it isn't a 'stock' paint job - he wants weathering and the whole bit.

Here is the figure:

Here is some inspiration:

I am going to use the stripes (bot white and subtle red ones) and make some custom decals, but how do you think I should go about the weathering progress? Any other pics floating around the internet with some cool looking Master Chief color scheme ideas?

Also, if anyone from 343 is looking, I'd love to know how to take this darn thing apart so I can paint the appendages individually. It would help out so much!
343i has no clue how to take that thing apart. You have to ask Square-Enix, the manufacture of the figure. I tried to google an instruction, but I could not find one. Barrow Roll may have an answer, but I don't think so.

For the paint job, the figure is pretty metallic. It really does not represent the Master Chief green of Halo 4. Maybe do that?

Ghazi

Ummm guys, you know those 2 week trials from the Doritos promotion awhile back that said they would expire on the 7th of April. Well I kept some and just tried one on an account that has already used two 2 week trials on it before and it worked. So I hope ya'll kept some from that.

For fatigue/weathering, I suggest chipping the paint around the edges. I'd look up some Halo Reach armor for inspiration, as it has a more eroded look to it.

Well he liked my military color scheme of this model (obviously I think he wants a bit more muted, but same attention to detail).

And he liked the weathering on this piece. I haven't decided if I want to do rust. I know rust isn't technically possible on the Chief's armor, but it would add a cool look that would be unique. Perhaps have some of the pieces have rust and others not? I am definitely doing some oil and dirt fading.

m23

She's good. Have a vet appt in the morning. About to close on a house so she can finally have a big yard to run around in. She's like a child to me... Couldn't live without her!

How's yours doing other than the nut cutting?

He's alright otherwise. Too hyper sometimes, apparently the neutering will help with that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Well he liked my military color scheme of this model (obviously I think he wants a bit more muted, but same attention to detail).

And he liked the weathering on this piece. I haven't decided if I want to do rust. I know rust isn't technically possible on the Chief's armor, but it would add a cool look that would be unique. Perhaps have some of the pieces have rust and others not? I am definitely doing some oil and dirt fading.

I need new pants, thanks.

Awesome stuff.

Here is the figure:

Looks like the Square Enix figure.

So what kind of Master chief he wants to see?

Bungie's Version which uses more bright colors

or the 343i version which is more darker in color.

Dont forget he still use a damaged armor but cortana somewhat repainted parts of his armor.

EDIT:

Madness

Did they ever confirm Cortana did it? I was reading Marcus Lehto's twitter a few days ago, he had a discussion with someone who asked why Hunters looked a bit different, he said visual designs improve but what they did is not as radical as what happened to the Chief.

It was effectively a retcon of the Mjolnir armor because the cut scene with Halsey showed him fighting a Brute but he had the new 343i armor. So I don't know if it was Cortana.

Did they ever confirm Cortana did it? I was reading Marcus Lehto's twitter a few days ago, he had a discussion with someone who asked why Hunters looked a bit different, he said visual designs improve but what they did is not as radical as what happened to the Chief.

It was effectively a retcon of the Mjolnir armor because the cut scene with Halsey showed him fighting a Brute but he had the new 343i armor. So I don't know if it was Cortana.

Yes 343i confirmed it, she used nanomachines to change MC's armor (pretty lame excuse) and its expanded on the novels.

Mix

It was more of like how you're supposed to just roll with the new design, similarly to the covenant looking different. Chief's MJOLNIR Mark VI has "always" looked like this now in canon. Chief looks exactly the same to all the characters and enemies.

Yes 343i confirmed it, she used nanomachines to change MC's armor.

This was a joke bro. The only thing Cortana did in Cryo was redesign Chief's HUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom