• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks like the Square Enix figure.

So what kind of Master chief he wants to see?

Bungie's Version which uses more bright colors

or the 343i version which is more darker in color.

Dont forget he still use a damaged armor but cortana somewhat repainted parts of his armor.

EDIT:
The selection of images in this post is fucking with me.

Did they ever confirm Cortana did it? I was reading Marcus Lehto's twitter a few days ago, he had a discussion with someone who asked why Hunters looked a bit different, he said visual designs improve but what they did is not as radical as what happened to the Chief.

It was effectively a retcon of the Mjolnir armor because the cut scene with Halsey showed him fighting a Brute but he had the new 343i armor. So I don't know if it was Cortana.
Of course, it was back of creative freedom. Artists want to get their style on it, and so they recreated it like the most of things.

Still 343i tried to explain it at the beginning of Dawn. Cortana says "I rewrote your suit's firmware while you were out." This was 343i's fictional retcon to the new armor.

Even if the change of armor in Halo 4 is bs (which it is), at least it's something. Bungie didn't straight up give a shit in Halo 3, there was no way of explaining a change of armor in under a minute inside whatever he was in.

Had some pretty crazy snipes that last game. I surprised myself!

Beam rilfe doesn't count.

I liked the way they did it in Halo 2, dat tutorial.

Best way to do it. I'm sure something similar will be for Halo 5 since he's been on Earth for a while. Then some random officer will say "da armor will upgrade itself wit nano bot and stuffs" to cover up for future changes.

Halo 2 to Halo 3 was a graphical upgrade more than anything. Halo 4's is just 343's artistic license at work, much like the redesign of Cortana, the Beam Rifle, and pretty much the rest of the game. Everybody knows they wanted to put the 343 stamp on it, and it's a bit silly for them to have to work that artistic change into the canon. I mean, we've got transforming nanobots now?

In other news, I've been on blackscreen for 2 minutes.

Omni

MC's armour didn't change in Halo 3... It was literally just a graphical update (they had a lot more polygons to work with and used them accordingly). Halo 4 we just magically wake up in brand new armour without any explanation whatsoever.

I don't see how "Bungie didn't give a shit" when they at least bothered to explain armour changes (i.e, Halo 2 opening level) and even told us in bulletins why it looked different. What did we get from 343i? "Something something nano machines MKVII but also MK VI but maybe artistic liberties... here's some mountain dew DXP codes! Wooooooo Good work guys, we really achieved something special with this game"

Pop

MC's armour didn't change in Halo 3... It was literally just a graphical update (they had a lot more polygons to work with and used them accordingly). Halo 4 we just magically wake up in brand new armour without any explanation whatsoever.

I don't see how "Bungie didn't give a shit" when they at least bothered to explain armour changes (i.e, Halo 2 opening level) and even told us in bulletins why it looked different. What did we get from 343i? "Something something nano machines MKVII but also MK VI but maybe artistic liberties... here's some mountain dew DXP codes! Wooooooo Good work guys, we really achieved something special with this game"

wizardry powers

Omni

I do have to wonder if we'll get H4's MKVI armour in a Halo 2 remake, or if they'd make a custom armour that's more to the original like they did in CEA.

Ghazi

Master Chief's armor in Halo 5 is going to be different too, because he ordered too many Pizzas from Pizza Hut and drank too much beer after taking his suit off.

Because his waifu is dead

So I don't know if many of you know, but I build and paint models, specifically mecha. I have been commissioned to re-paint the 12 inch Halo 4 Master Chief figure. My client wants custom fatiguing and I would like to ask for GAF's assistance and opinion. I have been told to do whatever I want with it, so long as it isn't a 'stock' paint job - he wants weathering and the whole bit.

Personally I love the battle hardness of the below render, something about the silver being exposed and a few dings from bullets. If you could combine that with the sort of iridescent mythological green in the Eric Nylund books I think you'd really have something unique.
Master-Chief-in-the-desert-1600-1200.jpg

Nice work by the way, very cool and great quality by the look of your other pieces.

Tawpgun

Master Chief's armor in Halo 5 is going to be different too, because he ordered too many Pizzas from Pizza Hut and drank too much beer after taking his suit off.

Because his waifu is dead

Actually, this is the first time he's been back to Earth (thats not under attack)

Wouldn't be surprised if we get some new digs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
hT2MM2r.png

supersaiyanzeb_zpsd9b06f2m.gif

This game can blow me for all the stupid shit I faced in the two days it took to get this.

randies only

never edit

hgs

fuck this shit, I'm out

idgaf71jt8.gif

Akai__

I highly recommend to not play Halo 4 for some weeks and then just drop into Doubles (with a partner obviously) or Throwdown. Don't play shit like Infinity, eventhough it is fun in a full party, I admit. This game-mode needs either heavily adjustments or it needs to die. Simple as that, in my opinion.

It's still beyond me, how Halo 4's MP turned out. When the numbers drop like this, you should really realize, that you did something wrong. I hope you really learned something 343i, because I would rather not stop playing my favourite franchise.

Just the 2 cents of a concerned fan.

Its a good game, just not a good Halo game. Its not faithful to the rest of the series. Too much CoD and randomness and not enough competitive focus. Also a ton of marketing hiccups.

Tawpgun

come on son

lmao.

Fun as Halo 4 can be at times, there's no escaping what its done to this community and probably others.

I remember when my entire friends list played Halo 2/3. Halo Reach still had people on or willing to go on to dong. Halo 4 is almost impossible. Sucks because I really like some of the playlists in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom