• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m23

Totally forgot today is bulletin day. I mean it is isn't it?

Maybe info on this legendary slayer and when we can expect weapon tuning going global?.. I wish.

I think its about time they explain what the hell legendary slayer is. They named it as if it'll be the greatest slayer gametype of all time.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Babby Plywood going 19-3
P56BN.gif

I was donging while you were still in the womb.

Couldn't have gotten this
zgeoU.png
without Squad Slayer, rip.

Fuchsdh

I think its about time they explain what the hell legendary slayer is. They named it as if it'll be the greatest slayer gametype of all time.

On the podcast they described it as an intermediate between Infinity and Throwdown designed for competitive.

Personally I don't want another Reach situation where there's three or four different flavors of game. I'd really like the only difference to be the ordnance stuff.

DeadNames

Banned
On the podcast they described it as an intermediate between Infinity and Throwdown designed for competitive.

Personally I don't want another Reach situation where there's three or four different flavors of game. I'd really like the only difference to be the ordnance stuff.

Maybe it's IS but with restricted loadouts?

TBH, I really hope that's not the case.

I wonder if it has occurred to 343 that most of the new fans they tried to attract have already left.

It's time to start making Halo.

Yes, that's why a bunch of the content they've been adding has been aimed at the hardcore community.

Cool, we have new playlists. Ok, the weapons are getting changes. That's nice and all, but the game will never reach its potential so long as they're still holding the hands of new players. For example, giving players every advantage they need off of spawn in ordnance and loadouts.

Unfortunately, it looks like they're only putting one foot in. Like, the maps improve, but then they put fusion coils everywhere to add randomness. Then you have the plasma pistol, which objectively ruins vehicle combat, or the boltshot which has essentially replaced melees. It's not a matter of personal preference anymore; they need to hit it where it counts.

At a certain point, you have to realize your vision doesn't work.

Fuchsdh

Maybe it's IS but with restricted loadouts?

TBH, I really hope that's not the case.

Sounded like they really don't want to restrict loadouts in most playlists given that it's one of the defining features of Halo 4. I really dunno what it'll be, but it seems like they should just adjust everything non-infinity to the same level, and then just make Infinity the addition of personal ordnance. Keep it simple.

wwm0nkey

If anyone wants to JForce is hosting a Halo map sharing session right now on MM and I will be as well later, I also want to do some customs this weekend if anyone here is up for it.

So far I have the following remakes

-Hang Em High
-Zanzibar
-Desolation
-Countdown
-Lockout
-Ivory Tower
-Warlock
-Narrows
-Construct
-Epitaph
-The Pit
-Sanctuary
-Boardwalk
-Uncaged (lol)

Tunavi

Banned
If anyone wants to JForce is hosting a Halo map sharing session right now on MM and I will be as well later, I also want to do some customs this weekend if anyone here is up for it.

-Hang Em High
-Zanzibar
-Desolation
-Countdown
-Lockout
-Ivory Tower
-Warlock
-Narrows
-Construct
-Epitaph
-The Pit
-Sanctuary
-Boardwalk
-Uncaged (lol)
oh god yes i'll join

-Hang Em High
-Zanzibar
-Desolation
-Countdown
-Lockout
-Ivory Tower
-Warlock
-Narrows
-Construct
-Epitaph
-The Pit
-Sanctuary
-Boardwalk
-Uncaged (lol)

tumblr_m303eajbCU1qagmleo1_500.gif

Let's do this.

wwm0nkey

Sweet got at least 2 people and I know a few others who will probably join if we don't get more HaloGAF people.

Can't wait until the BR, Spectator Mode and Match Making update.

IHaveIce

Banned
The montage is the best example why we should do more GAF Halo nights.

And make another montage.

Tashi bro didn't you want to start a HaloGAF Top Kills videoseries.

The Next Next Xbox

BIqfhGNCAAIkz6b.png

This is awesome.

After this, Microsoft's console should be transcendental in nature, so what symbol would we use? I don't believe there is technically a set for that, and we can't go randomly assigning higher level Alephs, so maybe the "R-A"-box?

Dammit fellow nerds, get on this!

Just looked through the bulletin, based on my experience, they seem to not be focusing on the correct issues with the Light Rifle. The LR is good at long range right now, where it has an issue is at short-mid range, unscoped, it gets shit on by just about every other weapon in the game. For some reason, they seem to be focusing on increasing its potency at long range though.

Ghazi

Stop buffing the Assault Rifle! Why does auto-aim matter on it all, it's a spray weapon!

edit: Oops, meant to edit that into my last post.

kylej

Banned
first bulletin I"ve read in months

basically theyre changing when the reticule turns red for DMR and also linked some ugly screenshots people took. they really know how to get people pumped to play halo 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z8MgUN0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom