• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong or did Kevin Franklin imply that Legendary Slayer should include sprint so that that the players that use the mobility perk won't be left out?

... Then what's the fucking point?

Ghazi

We aiming at universal. We've learned from mistakes made on Reach.
in5ak4A7tO7pn.gif

One time I went to PAX and got treated like a child from another adult.
in5ak4A7tO7pn.gif

Nowise10

Forerunner egg I have no idea what weapon it is or where, other then obviously when you get face to face with the Didacts ball. Too confusing.

Shutdown one Im pretty sure is a Gravity hammer easter egg from the "smash" in the hint for what it is.

Infinity one Im pretty sure has something to do with the grunt and its fartpack (arachnid proclaims its love of baked beans), and judging from "where is it", its right before you meat up with the spartans, or right after that cutscene. I'm assuming after.

heckfu

Banned
Pax tip 101: get a big cup. Add liquor.

Pax tip 102: if someone is anti social with you, fuck em. It's vacation.

Pax top 103: don't hold a grudge against 102.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
this is good news.

Does that mean there's going to be a TU? Or just replacing every gametype that is currently in matchmaking with updated ones?

The previous TU was created so we wouldn't likely need additional updates to make balance tweaks.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Awesome, I hope it stays that way. It was really difficult to know what I should expect when playing each playlist.

One of my biggest regrets for the handling of Reach MM. Brought on by a segment of the community running around waiting to call us liars, based on a misinterpretation of something Frank said once.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Was it during the community tournament?

Nah I don't think so

edit: Good bulletin. Looking forward to getting my hands on these weapon balances. Like the changes for JiP in certain playlists as well. Now we just need updates to CTF, Dubs and other playlists and shit will be look guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud.

Havok

Glad to hear about the DMR tuning, it was a big omission in last week's update. Hard to say without getting numbers or playing it myself, but I wonder if it would make sense to make additional aim assist tweaks to really nail its role down. Not as optimistic about the automatic weapon buffs because those guns are already really powerful (so making them more difficult to use well makes sense - I personally feel that doing that at the current power would force those weapons into the CQC niche best suited to them), but I'll wait until the changes go live to pass judgement on that one.

In King of the Hill and Oddball, players will no longer join in the second half of the game in regards to score limit.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why isn't this the case across the board and why weren't these restrictions present from day one? If you're joining up against a competent team (ie skill matching is working), it's not very feasible to come back from a 3-0 in CTF or Extraction or a Dominion blowout any more than it would in King, Oddball, or Slayer. If CSR is to be taken seriously, those fairly serious objective playlists need to have the same JIP protection so people aren't being sent to die, metaphorically speaking.

heckfu

Banned
If you want to ask a question at a panel, just do it ya dingus. Don't let the man tell you that your questions are unimportant or that you wasted your chance during an Internet stream.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wow nice to see join in progress is being watched/updated too.

Once a match has passed just over half of the total game time, Join-in-Progress is disabled across all game modes and playlists.

Rumble Pit now has the smallest Join-in-Progress window, only allowing players to join during the first few kills of a match.

In Slayer matches outside of Team Throwdown and Team Doubles, players will no longer join after one team has reached just over half of the score limit.

In King of the Hill and Oddball, players will no longer join in the second half of the game in regards to score limit.

In Grifball, players will no longer join single-round matches if over 3 goals have been scored by one team. We will be updating Grifball Pro to similar settings in the next update.

In Team Throwdown and Team Doubles, players will no longer join after a small join window during and before the first moments of a match.

Fotos

Wait... Wut. Where have I been? When was this date announced?

mM0bP5j.png

I assume the "new Halo game" is going to be demoed at the event. Right Ellis?

HTupolev

First the AR aim assist reduced.
Now DMR red reticle range reduced.

Halo 4's weapons should probably be balanced by difficulty of use far more, but these baby steps are in the right direction.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We should probably take a PAX head count at some point. Maybe organize a HaloGAF night at the bars. (Babby juniors LOLOL)

Fotos

Gonna try to get a few of my friends on Halo 4 this weekend and see if we can find at least 1 of those remaining Easter Eggs. I wonder if any of them are difficulty or player specific.

I may not be old enough to drink this summer but I'll be damned if I don't join you guys while I'm on my very definitely prescription (and totally legal in Washington) medication to compensate.

Bulletin is good. Surprised no further details for Legendary Slayer. Bravo & Quinn saving Halo! Kyle is optimistic towards population decline! Wahrer is almost legally able to drink! XboxToInfinity&GoBeyond Confirmed!

I may not be old enough to drink this summer but I'll be damned if I don't join you guys while I'm on my very definitely prescription (and totally legal in Washington) medication to compensate.

lol you have to be 21 to legally purchase and smoke weed in Washington.

GET SHIT ON

Obviously the epitome of balance and skill-based matchmaking everyone wants. And people laugh at me for playing BTB.
Actually it's the epitome of a broken gametype that was never fixed or removed.

We aiming at universal. We've learned from mistakes made on Reach.
Can we get those mistakes fixed someday? Some of us still play Reach from time to time.

Bring back Squad Slayer pls.

GET SHIT ON

Nice. My first PAX that I'll be 21 at, so I can drink
and most likely smoke depending on how easy that stuff is to track down
in your damn country finally.

Oh I just know that would be one hell of a great time.

--

Oh sheeeeit Bulletin. DAT DMR SCOPE NERF, praise be to 343.

GET SHIT ON

Nice. My first PAX that I'll be 21 at, so I can drink
and most likely smoke depending on how easy that stuff is to track down
in your damn country finally.

Oh I just know that would be one hell of a great time.

Haha my parents wouldn't let me go to PAX if they saw these were the guys I was going to spend time with XD

As soon as I get the okay from my Uncle, and hopefully save up the money, I'll buy PAX tickets off someone and hopefully I can go. :D

wwm0nkey

Those are some really awesome changes, will be playing Halo 4 again when the balance update hits for sure!

Also question for all of you, since its looking like CoD: Ghosts is a real thing, what do you think that new Halo title is? Or Frankie and Ellis can crush some dreams early again.

Fotos

Those are some really awesome changes, will be playing Halo 4 again when the balance update hits for sure!

Also question for all of you, since its looking like CoD: Ghosts is a real thing, what do you think that new Halo title is? Or Frankie and Ellis can crush some dreams early again.

Fingers crossed for Halo Wars 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom