• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Those are some really awesome changes, will be playing Halo 4 again when the balance update hits for sure!

Also question for all of you, since its looking like CoD: Ghosts is a real thing, what do you think that new Halo title is? Or Frankie and Ellis can crush some dreams early again.

I'm going to guess Halo 4: Legendary Edition for the next Xbox. All map packs/DLC plus some random Halo swag.

There's no way a Halo game isn't released this year. They took jabs at CoD, and now they have to keep up the pace with yearly releases. Would not be at all surprised if some of these companies that helped ship H4 end up making their own spinoffs.

Kibbles

I played a few Anniversary games early on Reach and had some fun with the OP pistol. I didn't realize how much the blur sucks until coming back. Wow. Aiming doesn't feel as precise as Halo 4, seems delayed from when I move the sticks. Still was knocking out 3 shots though,but it just felt weird.

wwm0nkey

I played a few Anniversary games early on Reach and had some fun with the OP pistol. I didn't realize how much the blur sucks until coming back. Wow. Aiming doesn't feel as precise as Halo 4, seems delayed from when I move the sticks. Still was knocking out 3 shots though,but it just felt weird.

yep, pretty much the most common complaint of going back to Halo 3 and Reach is the aiming. That is one thing 343 nailed down.

Cause its less random than Halo 4? Its closer to traditional Halo we like? And it has more good smaller maps than Halo 4?

How are you confused?

HTupolev

Didn't they just really up the aim assist? It's pretty much impossible to miss shots in this game.
Increased aim assist is part of it, but it feels a little different just looking around.

The motion blur implementation of Halo's 3 and Reach isn't necessarily the culprit, but it is correlated very strongly with the complaints. 1 and 2 with no blur don't get aiming feel complaints, 3 with super heavy blur gets super heavy aiming feel complaints, Reach with less blur gets some aiming feel complaints, 4 with no blur doesn't get aiming feel complaints.

I want to do a drinking contest with GAF.

NxfKbCD.gif

TheOddOne

The current Assault Rifle kills in 16 rounds, making it technically possible to kill 2 players with one magazine if not a single shot is missed. Our current balance testing reduces the rounds to kill by 2 or 3 shots, making this feat a bit more achievable. However, a significant reduction in auto-aim makes this quite difficult and demands a bit more skill from players who wield the AR. Our current tests bring us to an optimal kill time range that lies between that of Halo: CE’s and Halo 3’s Assault Rifles.
I'm listening.

Dominion is way more satisfying than Invasion ever was IMO, especially with the come-from-behind victories.

Cause its less random than Halo 4? Its closer to traditional Halo we like? And it has more good smaller maps than Halo 4?

How are you confused?

I don't know what you see in Reach's small maps but they're such garbo..

This is awesome.

After this, Microsoft's console should be transcendental in nature, so what symbol would we use? I don't believe there is technically a set for that, and we can't go randomly assigning higher level Alephs, so maybe the "R-A"-box?

Dammit fellow nerds, get on this!

Whilst Infinity and Alephs are incomparable (one being the upper limit on all numbers, the other being the cardinality of such sets), I think Alephs will be the only "logical" successor to infinity.
You could ask the question: Are there more real numbers than the highest real number? However I think the answer "yes and no at the same time".

You could always go with the formula
NextXbox = P(CurrentXbox)
(i.e. Power Set)
However that would imply that the next Xbox would be just "more of the same".

You could also take a Fibonacci-esque approach:
NextXbox = CurrentXbox + PreviousXbox
But that would require that this years Xbox be called the Xbox 361. And that just sucks.

Running out of ideas.

LOL okay i'm not sitting next to you anywhere.

:lol I don't like alcohol yet anyway, I'm cool being designated driver. Or since Seattle's got public transportation out the ass anyway, the dedicated group maintainer-keep-in-placer/"don't stick your dick in there you have halo things to do" advisor.

I want to know who is supposed to be in that moving picture with wahrer.

Recruit-Edition OddOne, SltyPoison and Karl. Given the mutual sandbox interest I like to think he's my more reasonable e-older brother that hates me.

Nowise10

I feel like im the only one that cares for solving easter eggs. But this is what I got for the Forerunner one after 3 hours, and this is all my assumptions but...

"Before the Cryptum, hexes lie "
Start it on Rally Point Delta (may need legendary on?) and go near where the enemies from the Phantom come out.

"Standing patiently, do not die "
Then find a safe area to hide, and wait for about 40 seconds.

"Upon the chime, aim at the square "
After the time passes, you should hear the beep of a notification, and the two notifcations going towards the buttons to open the gates. Here is where I got stuck and couldnt figure out what. The next clue is too aim a the square (square could mean a the shape, or straight forward), and two shoot them BOTH.

Well that to me obivously pointed towards shooting the two buttons, but not happened in the hour and a half I spent. There is also two structures near the switches that can be blown up, and those two did not affect anything. Im assuming enemies would spawn once you shoot the correct objects, and then once those enemies are down, the weapons will spawn.

Anyway, thats all I got for the Forerunner one. If no one finds it by the time I come home from school tomorrow, I'll dive into it again.

Karl2177

:lol I don't like alcohol yet anyway, I'm cool being designated driver. Or since Seattle's got public transportation out the ass anyway, the dedicated group maintainer-keep-in-placer/"don't stick your dick in there you have halo things to do" advisor.

Recruit-Edition OddOne, SltyPoison and Karl. Given the mutual sandbox interest I like to think he's my more reasonable e-older brother that hates me.

So I'm getting vomited on?

I'm glad join in progress has been nerfed because that feature was a terrible idea - but Without a quit penalty to replace it the second half of a lot of games could suck

Omni

Read the bulletin... pretty interesting I guess.

Easter egg hunting is stupid in this game though. Can't wait to find another useless stockpile of weapons! Eh. Random weapons hidden in obscure places in campaign aren't Easter eggs, they're random god damn weapons. Nothing special at all. And even if I did bother to do it, once I find said "Easter egg" I can't even record a clip and share it with my friends because they removed theatre.

No wonder no one bothers to find these things by themselves any more and they have to be spelled out in the bulletins in hopes of peaking some interest.

and only took them like 6 months to 'nerf' JIP. Niiiiice.

So I've been using the Carbine lately with Hologram, AA Efficiency, Magnum and Dexterity and I gotta say.. I can't wait for that Carbine buff.

They should consider making the reticle turn red to match the LR and DMR. Shooting people from a distance with the Carbine can seem inconsistent at times without hitscan.

Also, when you guys post pics of your games, do you just photoshop it or is there a way to do it from Waypoint? Just went 7 and 3 in a BTB with 21 assists (professional Warthog skills of course) and I'm sure this'll cause me to drop in CSR correct, even though we won and I wasn't in the top 8 scorers of the game? Welp, the hell with CSR then B]

Fuck some people are so stupid. I just played outcast dlc. I got one direct splaser kill and just as I'm about to get the second, it's almost ready to fire, my own asshole teammate purposely betrays me with a fucking mongoose.

I just said fuck it then, purposely used HLS to give like four people on the other team the achievement.

Mah nigga.

-EDIT-

High Level Halo 1 2v2 Chill Out - Watching this vid makes me remember when I used to go into a game by myself and practice grenade throws; learning the spots to bounce nades around to knock down powerups, grenade jump, grenade weapons to you and just overall precise grenade placement/predictions. Dat metagame.

Then people complain about "grenukes" in later Halo games LOL - Powerful grenades aren't the problem. People should focus their attention on the ways to avoid powerful grenades like a better strafe, faster movement, higher jump, longer fuse times, etc. instead of wasting your breath on trying to nerf the already weak grenades.

Madness

Fuck some people are so stupid. I just played outcast dlc. I got one direct splaser kill and just as I'm about to get the second, it's almost ready to fire, my own asshole teammate purposely betrays me with a fucking mongoose.

I just said fuck it then, purposely used HLS to give like four people on the other team the achievement.

Also, yes it's late, nearly 1 am on West Coast, but I've never seen the population so low. Less than 50 people playing objective etc. Total player count right now for war games is 9,600 people worldwide. That's just ridiculous for a game like Halo only 5 months from launch even in the dead of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom