• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It'd be fun but you guys need to consolidate the other playlists so there's not like 16 at any given time first.

The first wape culture post Gandhi on here makes needs a dramatic reading in Bugs' voice.

I wasn't asking as a CC. I'm just asking in general for Halo 4.

La Grille? What the hell is that?!

tumblr_lnbu4uHpNh1qh12uvo1_500.gif

I miss FyreWulff posting in this thread. I loved seeing technical analysis on design decisions.

Did he quit or something?

How come I can't pay Spartan Ops locally without XBL Gold?

Not much of an answer but Spartan Ops videos are streamed from XBL servers and I don't think games are allowed to connect to those servers in anyway on a silver account. Spartan Ops also was "unlocked" weekly so if you could connect it would either be only the first chapter sans intro video or all 5 chapters which would have spoiled the forthcoming weeks for people who played it the intended way.

Ultimately it does seem a cash grab way it its not as cut and dry as that.

Talents

Banned
Does anyone know how to download Mythic Map Pack 2 for Halo 3? My ODST Multiplayer disk is scratched to hell and doesn't play any maps so I'm going to use my regular Halo 3 disk, it has all the map packs except for the second Mythic Map pack yet I can't find it on the marketplace

Gui_PT

Not much of an answer but Spartan Ops videos are streamed from XBL servers and I don't think games are allowed to connect to those servers in anyway on a silver account. Spartan Ops also was "unlocked" weekly so if you could connect it would either be only the first chapter sans intro video or all 5 chapters which would have spoiled the forthcoming weeks for people who played it the intended way.

Not that I'd want to play Spartan Ops. Just wondering.

Does anyone know how to download Mythic Map Pack 2 for Halo 3? My ODST Multiplayer disk is scratched to hell and doesn't play any maps so I'm going to use my regular Halo 3 disk, it has all the map packs except for the second Mythic Map pack yet I can't find it on the marketplace

You might as well buy another used ODST disc since the map pack is still 800 space bucks iirc

Omni

Which ultimately begs the question as to why haven't they unlocked the missions for silver members now.

Talents

Banned
Which ultimately begs the question as to why haven't they unlocked the missions for silver members now.

I don't think they have to. I mean its a co-op based mode to begin with. It wasn't very good and it would also be fairly inconsistent without the intro videos.

You would basically be getting 50 shoot bang button pressing simulators with the word egghead thrown in.

Its would require a significant patch because it was never intended for offline play. Hackers have to port the content into Campaign maps to load it offline.

Screenshot from Halo: Combat Evolved

Lets be real about this.

Its a screenshot from Combat Evolved using Stolen Halo 3 and Halo Reach assets.

I mean its about as impressive as Bungie developers work is impressive because that is what it is. The only original thing is the environment and the textures are a huge mess on that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This thread fucking sucks. I'm posting this early so people can see it and I'm going to keep posting it. The next OT needs to be completely different. Less circle jerk of hate, less of this better than some attitude from members, less HGS and related inside jokes that make no fucking sense to the vast majority of posters.

I'm not saying SLRP 343i dick but if your post Is basically "halo is bad" then type it in notepad and stop shitting up the thread with it.

Everyone didn't leave because Halo 4 was bad (contributing factor) this thread is awful to read and post in its devolved into a fucking mess.

MetaGaf bullshit sure but I don't care. Members like speedy were getting borderline bullied because he is young and made a few too many posts. This place needs to mature and calm the bullshit

The joke is that heckfu would normally call people out for announcing their departure, right?

Late to this, but the point of the "joke" was that Heckfu contributed to the hostile and insular environment in here just as much as anyone else, if not more. Not towards 343, but to other members.

After reading this It is now my life goal to have him join

Tell him the best lightning host on XBC posts here.

I miss FyreWulff posting in this thread. I loved seeing technical analysis on design decisions.

Where'd he go? Just posts less? :[

You guuuyyyyyys.

What's going down urrbody?

tumblr_lmxzkmiMYD1ql03t9o1_250.gif

Everyday I'm trufflin'

Played a derby map the other day and it was pretty damn fun. Would love to play more of these custom games.

I've already had more fun in Halo 4 than most of my time with Reach.

Gui_PT

Late to this, but the point of the "joke" was that Heckfu contributed to the hostile and insular environment in here just as much as anyone else, if not more. Not towards 343, but to other members.

The biggest problem with this thread right now is that people think being a sarcastic jerk is cool.

A couple of posters started this and almost everyone followed.

I remember Over used to be super nice before he joined GAF while watching Halo streams and now he's a sarcasm robot.
Nothing against him but it's true.

Being sarcastic, rude and "mean" on the internet doesn't mean you're cool, kids. Drop that kind of stuff and this place becomes more pleasant and a nice to hang around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom