• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Playing the last level of Halo 3 again... So amazing. The terminals, Johnson's death, MC being lost in space... the atmosphere is so captivating. It really does feel complete. And the OST... I still can't believe that 343i ditched the themes in Halo 4 (love the piano bits + the monks or whatever. Could listen for hours). It all really puts Halo 4 in perspective in regards to how much of a let down it was campaign-wise.

Needless to say that I'm suddenly reminded why Bungie is awesome. Can't wait for Destiny.

Totally having an nostalgia attack
I could never get into Halo 3 because I hated the core mechanics, aiming, jumping, moving, the weapons and enemies. I did not want to fight more brutes after the end of Halo 2, so when Halo 3 was pretty much all brutes and mediocre gameplay, I tuned out and just rushed through it in 4 player co op with friends.

Omni

I could never get into Halo 3 because I hated the core mechanics, aiming, jumping, moving, the weapons and enemies. I did not want to fight more brutes after the end of Halo 2, so when Halo 3 was pretty much all brutes and mediocre gameplay, I tuned out and just rushed through it in 4 player co op with friends.

I know quite a few people disagree, but the Brutes in Halo 3 are my favourite enemies in the entire series. Sure they could have been a bit smarter, but no other enemy in the entire series gives the same level of feedback that the Brutes did (that is, their armour literally came off when you shot it. In comparison to something recent, Prometheans just kinda glow a faint blue which is really hard to see and even worse when trying to figure out how much damage you've done).

Madness

Playing the last level of Halo 3 again... So amazing. The terminals, Johnson's death, MC being lost in space... the atmosphere is so captivating. It really does feel complete. And the OST... I still can't believe that 343i ditched the themes in Halo 4 (love the piano bits + the monks or whatever. Could listen for hours). It all really puts Halo 4 in perspective in regards to how much of a let down it was campaign-wise.

Needless to say that I'm suddenly reminded why Bungie is awesome. Can't wait for Destiny.

Totally having an nostalgia attack

Wasn't the music amazing during the final Warthog run? Got my heart rate pumping when I first played.

This is why I was so disappointed that little to none of the classic themes were in the games, not even the monks, which they even developed and showed during the e3 2011 reveal.

TheOddOne

If you just saw this post like I wanted you to, tie yourself down to whatever chair you're sitting in, because this post is going to be a rough fucking ride.

For those of you that have your heads stuck under rocks, which apparently is the majority of this thread, we have been FUCKING UP in terms of game nights and general social interactions with 343. I've been getting PMs on PMs about people LITERALLY being so fucking BAD and so fucking NOOBY. If you're reading this right now and saying to yourself "But oh em gee Homeboyd, I've been having so much fun with my HaloGAF bros this week!", then punch yourself in the face right now so that I don't have to fucking find your ISP address to do it myself.

I do not give a flying fuck, and 343 does not give a flying fuck, about how much you fucking love to talk to your HGS clique. You have 361 days out of the fucking year to talk to your bros, and this week is NOT, I fucking repeat NOT ONE OF THEM. This week is about fostering relationships in the Halo community, and that's not fucking possible if you're going to stand around and talk to each other and not our Dev execs. Newsflash you stupid cocks: 343 DOESN'T LIKE BORING POSTERS. Oh wait, DOUBLE FUCKING NEWSFLASH: 343 IS NOT GOING TO WANT TO HANG OUT WITH US IF WE FUCKING SUCK, which by the way in case you're an idiot and need it spelled out for you, WE FUCKING SUCK SO FAR.

This also applies to you little shits that have talked openly about gaming with a different COMMUNITIES IN FRONT OF 343 DEVELOPERS. Are you people fucking retarded? That's not a rhetorical question, I LITERALLY want you to quote me back telling me if you're mentally slow so I can make sure you don't go to anymore game night events. If 343 openly said "Yeah we're gonna invite the CoD community over", would you be happy? WOULD YOU? No you wouldn't, so WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO IT TO THEM?? IN FRONT OF THEM?!! First of all, you SHOULDN'T be gaming with other OT's, I don't give a FUCK if your boyfriend posts in it, if your brother posts in it, or if your entire family posts in that OT. YOU DON'T GO. YOU. DON'T. GO. And you ESPECIALLY do fucking NOT convince other bros to leave with you.

"But Homeboyd!", you say in a whiny little bitch voice to your computer screen as you read this post, "I've been cheering on our teams at all the AGL events, doesn't that count for something?" NO YOU STUPID FUCKING ASS HATS, IT FUCKING DOESN'T. DO YOU WANNA KNOW FUCKING WHY?!! IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING UP AT MLG FUCKING TOURNEYS TOO. I've not only gotten PMs about people being fucking WEIRD at AGL (for example, being stupid shits and saying stuff like "durr what's a flag juggle?" is not fucking funny), but I've gotten PMs about people actually cheering for the opposing team. The opposing. Fucking. Team. ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!! I don't give a SHIT about sportsmanship, YOU CHEER FOR OUR GODDAMN TEAM AND NOT THE OTHER ONE, HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN TO AN AGL EVENT? ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND? Or are you just so fucking dense about what it means to make people like you that you think being a good little supporter of the gaming community is going to make our developers happy? Well it's time someone told you, NO ONE FUCKING LIKES THAT, ESPECIALLY FUCKING 343. I will fucking dick kick the next person I hear about doing something like that, and I don't give a fuck if you report me, I WILL FUCKING ASSAULT YOU.

"Ohhh, I'm now crying because your post has made me oh so so sad". Well good. If this post applies to you in any way, meaning if you are a little asswipe that posts megapost rants or "how to save Halo" posts at night or if you're a weird shit that does weird shit during the day, this following message is for you:

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.

I'm not fucking kidding. Don't post. Seriously, if you have done ANYTHING I've mentioned in this post and have some rare disease where you're unable to NOT do these things, then you are HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE PR FOR THIS COMMUNITY. I would rather have 40 bros that are fun, talk to devs, and not fucking awkward than 80 that are fucking tryhards. If you are one of the people that have told me "Oh nooo boo hoo I can't talk to devs I'm too l33t", then I pity you because I don't know how you got this far in life, and with that in mind don't fucking post unless you're going to stop being a goddamn dev cock block for our community. Seriously. I swear to fucking God if I see anyone being a goddamn boner in tonight's thread, I will tell you to leave even if you're sober. I'm not even kidding. Try me.

And for those of you who are offended at this post, I would apologize but I really don't give a fuck. Go fuck yourself.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Wubs for Scrubs Remix Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Kevin Franklin's dream diary, and I have over 300 confirmed weapon concepts. I am trained in Photoshop CS2 and I’m the top megaposter in the entire GAF armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with anecdotal acuity the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of cleansers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can doodle you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in Illustrator CS1, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the NeoGAF Banned Armed Forces and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Devo please do a reading for us.

I know quite a few people disagree, but the Brutes in Halo 3 are my favourite enemies in the entire series. Sure they could have been a bit smarter, but no other enemy in the entire series gives the same level of feedback that the Brutes did (that is, their armour literally came off when you shot it. In comparison to something recent, Prometheans just kinda glow a faint blue which is really hard to see and even worse when trying to figure out how much damage you've done).

My problem with Brutes was that they were big goofballs. They weren't really intimidating and kinda made the game feel a bit too cartoony. The Halo 2 Brutes actually made me jump a few times because of their berserking.

I still think H2 Elites > all enemies since.

Elites-Grade-Devots.jpg
When you saw this, you knew shit was about to hit the fan.

This thread fucking sucks. I'm posting this early so people can see it and I'm going to keep posting it. The next OT needs to be completely different. Less circle jerk of hate, less of this better than some attitude from members, less HGS and related inside jokes that make no fucking sense to the vast majority of posters.

I'm not saying SLRP 343i dick but if your post Is basically "halo is bad" then type it in notepad and stop shitting up the thread with it.

Everyone didn't leave because Halo 4 was bad (contributing factor) this thread is awful to read and post in its devolved into a fucking mess.

MetaGaf bullshit sure but I don't care. Members like speedy were getting borderline bullied because he is young and made a few too many posts. This place needs to mature and calm the bullshit

Omni

Wasn't the music amazing during the final Warthog run? Got my heart rate pumping when I first played.

This is why I was so disappointed that little to none of the classic themes were in the games, not even the monks, which they even developed and showed during the e3 2011 reveal.
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Great remix of several awesome tracks.

My problem with Brutes was that they were big goofballs. They weren't really intimidating and kinda made the game feel a bit too cartoony. The Halo 2 Brutes actually made me jump a few times because of their berserking.
I feel like that was part of their charm and really fit in with the artstyle, but of course I can see otherwise. Halo 2 Brutes were far too tough. Serious bullet sponges that weren't fun to fight at all

I still think H2 Elites > all enemies since.

When you saw this, you knew shit was about to hit the fan.
Meh. Honour Guards in H2 were pretty intimidating, but still nothing compared to this mofo:
I can still remember seeing one of those for the first time and back peddling like hell to the other end of the bridge to get away
Still scary in CEA :(

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Great remix of several awesome tracks.

I feel like that was part of their charm and really fit in with the artstyle, but of course I can see otherwise. Halo 2 Brutes were far too tough. Serious bullet sponges that weren't fun to fight at all

Meh. Honour Guards in H2 were pretty intimidating, but still nothing compared to this mofo:

I can still remember seeing one of those for the first time and back peddling like hell to the other end of the bridge to get away
Still scary in CEA :(

The CE Zealot used to scare me, but the Elites in those game are a bit too "goofy" as well IMO. They move too sporadically, whereas the H2 and Reach Elites were cold and calculating. I think another thing that makes them more intimidating to me is the sound of the Plasma Rifle, which was very weak in CE.

But yea, bullet sponges are no fun. You never knew how much damage to put into a Hunter or Brute or if you were even hurting them. It's unfortunate that Prometheans suffered the same design flaw.

Booshka

Platinum Elites in Halo CE with their Pro QB arms chucking plasma grenades was by far the scariest Elite in Halo, they didn't fuck around.

Plasma Rifle will fuck you up on Legendary in Halo CE, not sure where that is coming from.

Madness

The CE Zealot used to scare me, but the Elites in those game are a bit too "goofy" as well IMO. They move too sporadically, whereas the H2 and Reach Elites were cold and calculating. I think another thing that makes them more intimidating to me is the sound of the Plasma Rifle, which was very weak in CE.

But yea, bullet sponges are no fun. You never knew how much damage to put into a Hunter or Brute or if you were even hurting them. It's unfortunate that Prometheans suffered the same design flaw.

I remembered nearly shitting it when I had to fight field marshal Elites on pillar of autumn in reach. I believe one had a sword and actively hunted you down and another possibly had a fuel rod gun.

I don't know what it was, but the AI in Reach was terrifying at parts. I remember one level, where you fight hunters on powerhouse at night I believe. I hid in the middle room, and like an elite that had camo tracked me down and attacked me.

I still feel CE had some terrifying Elites as well.

Every MM 1v1 game turns into a power weapon camp fest. If there are no pickups and your choices are either BR/DMR, then maybe, but that won't happen, so no thanks.

OT but holy shit at the message conveyed in spec ops the line.

If only more military games were brave enough to centre around the moral choices made in war.

If you can look past the average gameplay, I would recommend it based on the narrative alone, HaloGaf.

The setting is also quite spectacular.

TheOddOne

If only more military games were brave enough to centre around the moral choices made in war.

If you can look past the average gameplay, I would recommend it based on the narrative alone, HaloGaf.

We had to do what we had to do.

IHaveIce

Banned

yep. The story abd narrative are amazing.
Not the normal modern warfare shooter clone you would expect

Save yourself the effort and preface the next post that actually relates to Halo.

Tawpgun

I want to hear this story.
Requested an extension until Sunday a while ago. RA said she forwarded it to the guy that Handles it.

I never got a response so I figured it was fine, I did a last minute extension last year with no issues. So I go to the guy because the RA told me to and he basically tells me he has people movin into my room on Sunday. Sucks but I can manage to move out by Saturday afternoon...

NOPE turns out he lets me know at about 2 pm that they're moving in on Saturday.

So I basically packed everything up and I'm staying with my girlfriend until Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom