• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the fuck ever thought Infinity CTF was a good idea? I just want to play CTF without all this extra layer of random.

kevinfranklin.jpg

Lamest alt account ever.

I like to think that HaloGAF is in a perpetual state of mind where once you get banned you wait a few months and then make an alt. Starwolf and Overkill are still out there somewhere.

Now I know, why the "old" HaloGAF complained about new members in the past. I'm sincerly sorry for all of you.

Rip EazyB

Weren't you in like the second-to-latest junior wave along with Zoojoo?

Lamest alt account ever.

Yes, this is an alt and I've been plotting my join of HaloGAF since 2009 ;P That's why I have a 4 year old Twitter Account named SpeedyBlueDude, or a 4 year Xbox Live account named SpeedyBlueDude, or a 4 year Bungie.net account named SpeedyBlueDude. ;P

Halo |OT17| We Had Traditional HaloGAF Members, But We Scrapped Them.

I still don't know if this sense of "superiority" some users have over Forum Tenure is real, or just a joke/sarcasm, so I trend lightly with discussions like "complain about new members"

Homeboyd

Yes, this is an alt and I've been plotting my join of HaloGAF since 2009 ;P That's why I have a 4 year old Twitter Account named SpeedyBlueDude, or a 4 year Xbox Live account named SpeedyBlueDude, or a 4 year Bungie.net account named SpeedyBlueDude. ;P

I still don't know if this sense of "superiority" some users have over Forum Tenure is real, or just a joke/sarcasm, so I trend lightly with discussions like "complain about new members"
How dare you!

Who do you think you are?

How dare you!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Maybe you planned ahead? :p

m23

Played quite a bit of Bioshock Infinite today, it is so awesome. So many great moments already and it feels like there is still so much more to go. The gunplay could use some work however.

I don't understand that shit either.

A bunch of the people who came over from Waypoint are terrible.

Madness

Yeah I don't see an OT bringing back the 'old guard' so to speak. I always use him as an example, but Ghaleon made damn fine OT's. He quit HaloGAF in frustration of Halo 4 and gave away a lot of his Halo merchandise. He won't come by just because someone made an OT.

Dax did mention doing an OT but she hasn't posted at all in the last two ones. I don't know why any personal issues with booties would prevent her from chatting with us here?

Whoever does the next OT, I just hope they take their time to do it, quality graphics, fonts, whatever. I don't care if it's salt/slrp.

A bunch of the people who came over from Waypoint are terrible.

I came from B.net. That's cool right?

I really dislike Bungie.net's new design, the forum layout is just horrendous now. I really dislike the thread style of "Newer post at top, older at bottom", way to disorganized for me. If it wasn't for that, I'd still be active on Bungie.net.

This is like my only place to discuss Halo now. :/ Bungie.net, like I said, is a chore to read and browse now, and Waypoint is too fanboyish. HaloGAF is the perfect place to discuss Halo 4 and 343 in my opinion. Most of you are critical without being on the level of full on hate.

reggie

Banned
Who the fuck cares who makes the next OT? Why are you guys under the impression that it will change anything? Nobody looks at the first post past the first page.

I'm not sure, could be. Does it make a difference? Am I not allowed to be sorry for you guys?

Don't you have to write a blog entry or doodle up some weird characters?

I covered that last page.

All I'm saying is that the old guard is obviously going to have less of a capacity for sympathy and understanding to new members. Hell, back in the day, even Ramirez had a degree of childlike innocence and, dare I say it, enthusiam--to him in the Halo 2 OT. You can't force this stuff, and (this isn't directed at you, it's just a general rationale) specifically calling out certain perceived cultures apparent with HaloGAF are just going to further exacerbate the issue. It's the internet and as a result everyone's patience and acceptance is going to be run thin. You just have to let time take its course until you become part of the old guard yourself.

All I'm saying is that the old guard is obviously going to have less of a capacity for sympathy and understanding to new members. Hell, back in the day, even Ramirez had a degree of childlike innocence and, dare I say it, enthusiam--to him in the Halo 2 OT. You can't force this stuff, and (this isn't directed at you, it's just a general rationale) specifically calling out certain perceived cultures apparent with HaloGAF are just going to further exacerbate the issue. It's the internet and as a result everyone's patience and acceptance is going to be run thin. You just have to let time take its course until you become part of the old guard yourself.

This isn't particularly true. I came in here and didn't piss on a bunch of people's feet.

This isn't particularly true. I came in here and didn't piss on a bunch of people's feet.

Well of course not, it's a two-way street. On one hand you will have inviting members of GAF like you or even Kittens, but on the other hand you'll have people neutral to new members and on the extreme side salty trolls. From what I've seen the Waypoint demographic has a hard time picking these apart and might take the responses too seriously, though.

Akai__

Look, I don't have anything against new members, but I can understand, why people would be annoyed by new ones. I'm sure, there are people out there, who don't like me as a poster, too, but that's the way it is and I'm not forcing them to do so.

Well of course not, it's a two-way street. On one hand you will have inviting members of GAF like you or even Kittens, but on the other hand you'll have people neutral to new members and on the extreme side salty trolls. From what I've seen the Waypoint demographic has a hard time picking these apart and might take the responses too seriously, though.

People are salty for their own reasons but I'm salty because I'm getting older and Halo is becoming something I don't recognize nor care to play. It depresses me. Some of the people in here act like we like to stew in our own negativity or just want to complain. It's pretty depressing to go through the whole series, see a game that's at its core some of the best Halo multi then a whole mountain of shit piled on top of it. Then we have a whole new flux of members who come in and want to post as if it's waypoint or reddit or act completely clueless as to why people would be disappointed with the current Halo. Most of the old guard has been on the roller coaster lone enough, hence wanting to get off and doing so.

This is what I don't get, why is this a thing?

Why does joining NeoGAF 2 years before someone make you "better" than said person, to the point where you feel like you can judge and criticize him for being new? Granted, not all (hell, not even the majority of you) do this, but some users do, and I just don't get it. Seniority shouldn't play a factor in a poster's quality (or lack of). It doesn't make sense to me.

Like seriously, I came here mostly to get away from Halo 4 fanboys and actually take part in a community where everyone (mostly) agrees with my opinion of Halo 4 being horrible. I'm assuming most people who join here joined to discuss Halo, that's what this community is, a Halo community, to discuss Halo or talk with Halo fans. Where does Tenure come into play with any of this?

Personally I dont care how old or new a poster is, if they post rubbish I dislike them, if they post good stuff I like them.

There are old and new posters I skim over, a lot of the newer guys just don't have great opinions, time wont change that. :p

Nobody thinks they're better. It's a community, people play together, learn to respect each other. The last couple waves have just been kind of oblivious to that fact. Respect me and my opinion just because I'm here and play Halo too. How about no. Earn it through posting well.

I think Halo 5 should come with blue Cortana design yoga pants.

You gonna do Reach tomorrow?

You'll get a book and a code to get the
awful
map packs for free and you'll like it. and make sure you buy it, it'll have a fairly limited run, we mean it this time, you won't be able to buy it in stores at a discounted price 5 months later.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's called a long con for a reason.

Ghazi

Huh, I swear that in all the old threads she was referred to as he without any correction made.

This changed at some point, I remember Dax asking to be referred as she from some time and onward. Of course the thing with Booties happened later and pissed her off over this.

Sai-kun

Banned

where can i preorder???

edit:

Hey guys, in my attempt to prepare myself for Halo 2
and 3
Steam, I'm slowly buying stuff for my PC.

I have enough extra right now to either buy a gaming mouse or a mechanical keyboard, which would be the best first investment?

my first suggestion would be to not buy halo 2 on pc

and 3

I have enough extra right now to either buy a gaming mouse or a mechanical keyboard, which would be the best first investment?

and 3

Keyboard. Gaming mice are largely ridiculous and bloated with marketing gimmicks anyway, get a Logitech G400 and be done with that.

Neither, any mouse and keyboard will do.

Playing a shooter with those cheap mouses that comes with computers can be frustrating. A nice mouse is a good investment. Keyboards don't really matter for shooters. As long as you have a wrist cushion, it's all good.

Keyboard. Gaming mice are largely ridiculous and bloated with marketing gimmicks anyway, get a Logitech G400 and be done with that.

They sell nice ones without all that extra crap on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom