• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chieftain_Action_Figure.jpg

?

I think Frankie might have influenced the Brute design, even all the way back then. Hello brute-kilt...I don't want to know what is under that kilt judging by its design. RIP female brutes.

Me too, 100%. The only question is whether it's Halo 5 launch title or a spin off.

Epic's marketing head leaves for Halo.

Seems like everyone has been jumping ship from Gears.

One of the comment posts from that article has something thought provoking...

I think that this is pretty much the crux of the problem with modern AAA game development: overly powerful marketing departments. It's gotten to the point, where the actual driving engine of this industry - game design - has been almost entirely subjucated to serve marketing. The cart is before the horse.

Solid, I give you an A for creativity.

Really? I mean if its H2:A which id say is the strongest possibility for a reveal then its going to have a launch in september 2014. Showing off a game that won't be out for a year+ seems a bit premature. I expect we will see launch window titles only.

Forza 5
Ryse
New IP (Sci Fi)
New Kinect IP that aims for core market
and not much more

Hulud

Anyone want to play with me? I've stalked halogaf for a while but never played with any of yall. I'm almost decent and keep getting stuck with -10k/d or more teamates every slayer game. I'm on now.

GT: T00L Was Taken

The o's are zeroes because I was a shitty teenager when I chose this name :/. 24 now.

They've said they were not doing halo 2 anniversary so many times as well that I doubt it would be that, and even if its a h2a , it wont have multiplayer and we know that will just anger almost everybody. Though I do expect a halo game to be announced for this year by E3.

Madness

What do you guys think of the rumored changes to CoD? Peeking around corners, prone rolls left and right, quick thruster type dashes while shooting.

The Xbox loop has to launch with a Halo game. Will it be made by 343? Who knows. MS probably sees the success of the Infinity Ward Treyarch switch off and is doing the same thing.

They've said they were not doing halo 2 anniversary so many times as well that I doubt it would be that, and even if its a h2a , it wont have multiplayer and we know that will just anger almost everybody. Though I do expect a halo game to be announced for this year by E3.

I don't think H2:A has ever been denied explicitly.

Ghazi

If
when
they do a H2:A, do you guys think they'll put their H4 Cortana model in instead of making the OG one look nicer? I thought they were going to do that with Halo CEA, but apparently that was because they didn't want to spoil the new model yet right?

H2A has a good chance of happening since the 4sk BR is coming. The only thing against it at this point is whether or not Halo 4 will 'survive' until its anniversary date next November. But that doesn't rule out them just remastering it for this year and skipping on the "anniversary" thing entirely (which is mostly an assumption by the community). Then Halo 5 and 6 follow in 2014 and 2016, respectively.

They don't need to call it a Halo 2 Anniversary though. They could go with Halo 2 HD, or Halo 2: Reclaimer Edition or something. No reason it has to be ten years after Halo 2.

That would free up 2014 for Halo 5.

All that said, I can see them doing a Halo 4 GOTY edition with sparkly new graphics running at 1080p60 on the new console.

out-BR'd :p

Ramirez

I covered that last page.

All I'm saying is that the old guard is obviously going to have less of a capacity for sympathy and understanding to new members. Hell, back in the day, even Ramirez had a degree of childlike innocence and, dare I say it, enthusiam--to him in the Halo 2 OT. You can't force this stuff, and (this isn't directed at you, it's just a general rationale) specifically calling out certain perceived cultures apparent with HaloGAF are just going to further exacerbate the issue. It's the internet and as a result everyone's patience and acceptance is going to be run thin. You just have to let time take its course until you become part of the old guard yourself.

Hey you just leave me out of this buddy

Shadders

Really? I mean if its H2:A which id say is the strongest possibility for a reveal then its going to have a launch in september 2014. Showing off a game that won't be out for a year+ seems a bit premature. I expect we will see launch window titles only.

Forza 5
Ryse
New IP (Sci Fi)
New Kinect IP that aims for core market
and not much more

They don't need to call it a Halo 2 Anniversary though. They could go with Halo 2 HD, or Halo 2: Reclaimer Edition or something. No reason it has to be ten years after Halo 2.

That would free up 2014 for Halo 5.

All that said, I can see them doing a Halo 4 GOTY edition with sparkly new graphics running at 1080p60 on the new console.

Remember in 2009 when we got -gasp- TWO different Halo experiences released in the same year?

How do you know that?

Because Halo 1 still doesn't exist on XBL.
Who am I kidding.. H1 is the John Snow of the Halo series.

Just port Halo 2 with all of it's maps. Everyone who buys a new xbox gets it for free.

Sounds good to me.

Microsoft launches the next Xbox with a free download code to H2A?!

Sounds good to me too.

-EDIT-

v lol exposed, smileys and all B]

What do you guys think of the rumored changes to CoD? Peeking around corners, prone rolls left and right, quick thruster type dashes while shooting.

Those have to the most CoDish elements that CoD is missing. With the additions that IW has made into the series, I wouldn't be surprised if they added those. Peeking around corners will make the camping problem worst (is that possible? IW will find out!) and with prone being a campers best friend, making it more effective by rolling is just laughable. Sprinting/knifing being even more effective with a "boost" is salt in the wounds.

In other word, I think the changes are dumb but I've been saying that since MW2, and yet they brake sales record every year so what do I know. I'm just one of those old geezers who still talk about the Quake III days and yell at CoD to get off my lawn.

Shadders

There probably would be a lot of backend rework required to release Halo 2's multiplayer today, they'd have to improve the netcode, integrate the system party feature, probably muck about with the matchmaking too..

I can see why remaking it in Halo 4 would be appealing to them, but then again, who's to say Halo 4 will even run on the new console, with the new architecture and all that jazz..

There probably would be a lot of backend rework required to release Halo 2's multiplayer today, they'd have to improve the netcode, integrate the system party feature, probably muck about with the matchmaking too..

I can see why remaking it in Halo 4 would be appealing to them, but then again, who's to say Halo 4 will even run on the new console, with the new architecture and all that jazz..

Almost positive ellis said that wasn't happening.

m23

Just give me Halo Wars 2, I need a break from Halo FPS. Few of my friends would buy Next Xbox day 1 if Halo Wars 2 was confirmed.

Tawpgun

Can I just say, that after booties made the last one, I contacted Dax about it and she didn't even know what was going on lol. Had no idea she was 'supposed' to do it.

So get off your high horses. Dax hasn't posted in 2 OTs either.

Why would they give Halo 2 MP its own game again, it wouldnt be the same and noone would play it very quickly just like Halo 2 PC.

Evolve, but remember your roots.

RIP Halo 2.

Madness

Can I just say, that after booties made the last one, I contacted Dax about it and she didn't even know what was going on lol. Had no idea she was 'supposed' to do it.

So get off your high horses. Dax hasn't posted in 2 OTs either.

Not on a high horse, but I distinctly remember Dax saying she wanted the next OT. I'd try to find her post, but I'm watching GoT now.

I say let's all drop it then. I think she forgot she mentioned she wanted to do the next one a few times, a few OT's ago. She hasn't posted in a long time either so it's fair game.

Booshka

Why would they give Halo 2 MP its own game again, it wouldnt be the same and noone would play it very quickly just like Halo 2 PC.

Evolve, but remember your roots.

RIP Halo 2.

Yea, why would we want proper remakes of the Halo games we enjoyed, let's just keep buying the shit that Halo has evolved into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom