• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
to be fair if you have only seen cursory shit about that game then it is hard to know. I had thought it was just a post-apocalyptic game and I thought it looked hella cool until I found out it was a zombie/infected game, which means I think it is detestable garbage and I would never touch it in a million years

lol

Ghazi

to be fair if you have only seen cursory shit about that game then it is hard to know. I had thought it was just a post-apocalyptic game and I thought it looked hella cool until I found out it was a zombie/infected game, which means I think it is detestable garbage and I would never touch it in a million years
Meh, I got a little less hyped when I saw infected but I'm still really excited for the human combat and other survival things. It and beyond two souls are probably going to be the first and only games ive ever personally bought for my PS3 because they look really good. Some guy looked through Kyle's post history and found that he'd posted in the reveal trailer thread, in which there were zombies shown. That's why he got banned.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Random OT question, any of you have a 7.1 surround set-up? On games/movies that only support 5.1 does your "back" audio come out the back two speakers or the "side" two?

Mine is coming out the side two, I was curious if there's a way to change that to the back two or if that is correct.

Because people like you still play the game. Developers go "Good Enough!™" and dont bother with advanced features.

Pot calling the kettle black, you play Reach.

Booshka

Because people like you still play the game. Developers go "Good Enough!™" and dont bother with advanced features.

AFK for 2 mins? 30 second timer begins and a message pops up, "Press A to continue or you will be removed from the game."

10 seconds later, booted.

Random OT question, any of you have a 7.1 surround set-up? On games/movies that only support 5.1 does your "back" audio come out the back two speakers or the "side" two?

Mine is coming out the side two, I was curious if there's a way to change that to the back two or if that is correct.

What is your receiver DSP set at? I have mine in DD PLIIX so it comes out all 7.

Huh, no man. Reach has features and stuff. Halo 4 cut features. Like Campaign scoring, campaign theater, visible ranking systems, a good UI, the active roster, X's, Respawn timers. You know things they've since added back into the game because they didnt have them at launch. Which reminds me File Sharing, shit was down for months.

Features is a thing Reach has and don't get me wrong I bitched up a storm in these threads about Reach and how it could have been great. Now I play a lesser evil. I'm playing the Halo that I dont really like but I like better than the new iteration. I really hope Halo 5 is good cause I don't know what I'll do then.

AFK for 2 mins? 30 second timer begins and a message pops up, "Press A to continue or you will be removed from the game."

10 seconds later, booted.

Would this work though...people rubberband and spin and jump in circles somehow. I dont think looking at the players in game actions could ever work. You could say yea if someone dies X amount of times they get booted if they dont get a kill, but still, someone might legitimately do that bad. And you cant really implement a team boot system because Halo players are assholes and will abuse that system. Its defintitely a very hard system to think about.

Huh, no man. Reach has features and stuff. Halo 4 cut features. Like Campaign scoring, campaign theater, visible ranking systems, a good UI, the active roster, X's, Respawn timers. You know things they've since added back into the game because they didnt have them at launch. Which reminds me File Sharing, shit was down for months.

Features is a thing Reach has and don't get me wrong I bitched up a storm in these threads about Reach and how it could have been great. Now I play a lesser evil. I'm playing the Halo that I dont really like but I like better than the new iteration. I really hope Halo 5 is good cause I don't know what I'll do then.

This, except Reach is growing on me.

Dude perks though, PERKS, how can you be negative about such a positive name?

So you're willing to give 343 a second chance? Like I said, 343 has us in a choke-hold basically, most of us love Halo too much to quit it, and we'll accept whatever 343 gives us most likely. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom