• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is there any interest in bringing back HaloGAF customs?

I know there's a good sized group playing Halo 4 BTB, but might as well try and make a big 16 player custom game (Whether it be Reach or H4)

I'd really like to do another (and improved!) Halo tourney like we did last year, now that Halo 4 has decent competitive settings.

Is there any interest in bringing back HaloGAF customs? Never played in the OG ones, but yolo

I know there's a good sized group playing Halo 4 BTB, but might as well try and make a big 16 player custom game (Whether it be Reach or H4)

We had a full CTF group playing a while back, all 10 players were gaffers. Was pretty fun. Id be up for that.

Only if we play BTB Solace though, not playing scrubby vanilla BTB

Is there any interest in bringing back HaloGAF customs? Never played in the OG ones, but yolo

I'm pretty much willing (want) to play Halo with GAF whenever you guys are willing. I'm not kidding when I say none of my friends play Halo anymore. Half my Friendslist quit Halo when Reach came out, and Halo 4 just drove everyone left away. I'm the only guy on my Friends List who still actively plays Halo, hence why I'm so desperate to play Halo with GAF, so I have someone to play Halo with.

I don't know why, but Halo is one of the worst games to ever play alone in my opinion. I need friends or else it's hell.

Fuchsdh

Customs are always fun. Anyone have any good links to shares with good custom maps or gametypes? I'm really bad at picking up stuff when I do CommunityCustoms or LANs and never have a good roster of stuff to pick from.

I'd really like to do another (and improved!) Halo tourney like we did last year, now that Halo 4 has decent competitive settings.

I've got more opportunity to actually play in this, and considering it sounds like you've learned some lessons from trying to herd us cats last time it could be even more fun.

Seance

Banned
Halo on the Nextbox better be fucking amazing, if for no other reason than to get this/these threads back on track.

Halo CE > Halo2 > Halo 3 > Halo Reach > Halo 4 > Halo 5.
There will no Halo talk in the next gen OT.

When is the 4-shot BR patch coming? I might give Halo 4 another try then.

Customs are always fun. Anyone have any good links to shares with good custom maps or gametypes? I'm really bad at picking up stuff when I do CommunityCustoms or LANs and never have a good roster of stuff to pick from.

Heckfoo had an awesome Sanctuary remake during the week, dont know whose it was though

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Petetheduck always makes fun mini-games, and lots are played during Community Customs. I'm not sure about more competitive maps, though. I know there are some great remakes of classic maps (I think there's a Gephyrophobia one), but I don't know any good original ones.

I subscribe to youtube channels that showoff forge maps. Pretty much how I find anything and everything I play for customs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftXX
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForgeEpidemic

Those are two of the channels I look at.

Fuchsdh

I subscribe to youtube channels that showoff forge maps. Pretty much how I find anything and everything I play for customs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftXX
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForgeEpidemic

Those are two of the channels I look at.

Thanks.

Petetheduck always makes fun mini-games, and lots are played during Community Customs. I'm not sure about more competitive maps, though. I know there are some great remakes of classic maps (I think there's a Gephyrophobia one), but I don't know any good original ones.

Yes yes a thousand times yes. Gotta' find that.

(Danger Island needs to be a Halo 5 map. Timberlands was good but it is nothing compared to what is essentially multiplayer Silent Cartographer.)

DeadNames

Banned
Halo Promod has an awesome modded game type. itwas posted a few days back. awesome kmovement speed, 4shot LR, and no sprint. perfect for tourneys.

DeadNames

Banned
above: I'll play it with you some time! I have it downloaded. I won't be able to play at all this whole week though.

I'm pretty much willing (want) to play Halo with GAF whenever you guys are willing. I'm not kidding when I say none of my friends play Halo anymore. Half my Friendslist quit Halo when Reach came out, and Halo 4 just drove everyone left away. I'm the only guy on my Friends List who still actively plays Halo, hence why I'm so desperate to play Halo with GAF, so I have someone to play Halo with.

I don't know why, but Halo is one of the worst games to ever play alone in my opinion. I need friends or else it's hell.

dude, add me! my gt is DeadNames.

I'll gladly play with you if I'm not playing terraria :p

Madness

Eh HaloGAF is what the members make it. Obviously the newer games have lessened the appeal of the franchise. But it's not just HaloGAF, I bet every Halo community has seen a drop in members. I'd love for Wu to tell me the page hits HBO got during Halo 2 and 3 and the community interaction and then during Reach and Halo 4.

If people want to ignore dozens and dozens of posters so they can see the one or two posts that their friends make, more power to them. I've got a whopping one person on my ignore list. I read every single post here just like I did when I was lurking. That was the point of this community and thread. To talk Halo, to play Halo, to talk about the future of Halo.

So while I lament at the loss of the 'old guard' and don't blame them for leaving, saying this place is shit now is pretentious. This is what the current Halo community is, good or bad. A lot of people still make great posts here, and bringing in new members is the lifeblood of any community.

I wish a lot of the folks who posted in Plywood's thread about the gamasutra post mortem article would post here, always nice to get new perspective.

But I won't deny the games have something to do with it. We're on OT16 now, and very few members are still playing the games.

I've been lurking since the Halo 3 days, I've seen the shift in community interaction and negativity.

Eh HaloGAF is what the members make it. Obviously the newer games have lessened the appeal of the franchise. But it's not just HaloGAF, I bet every Halo community has seen a drop in members. I'd love for Wu to tell me the page hits HBO got during Halo 2 and 3 and the community interaction and then during Reach and Halo 4.

If people want to ignore dozens and dozens of posters so they can see the one or two posts that they're friends make, more power to them. I've got a whopping one person on my ignore list. I read every single post here just like I did when I was lurking. That was the point of this community and thread. To talk Halo, to play Halo, to talk about the future of Halo.

So while I lament at the loss of the 'old guard' and don't blame them for leaving, saying this place is shit now is pretentious. This is what the current Halo community is, good or bad. A lot of people still make great posts here, and bringing in new members is the lifeblood of any community.

I wish a lot of the folks who posted in Plywood's thread about the gamasutra post mortem article would post here, always nice to get new perspective.

But I won't deny the games have something to do with it. We're on OT16 now, and very few members are still playing the games.

Good post

So much meta.

And 343 sure has stated the problems with development of Halo 4, which is great. I'm glad they're admitting to their mistakes. It shows they're not afraid to blame themselves. Though, they seem to link their problems with the Promotheans and story. What about multiplayer? Have they stated if they think their development flaws link to Infinity Slayer or are they happy with Infinity Slayer? CSR is a great addition and makes me confident that we'll see a true ranking system for Halo 5 but as of now, there are no signs of hopes for Infinity Slayer. I haven't seen much (or at all) negative feedback from 343 on this. I want to look forward to Halo 5 but it's hard when Infinity Slayer seems like it's going to be a large stepping stone for the future.

Have I missed it or has 343 stated the state of Infinity Slayer anywhere?

Ramirez

Senior year of High School, putting NeoGAF in my backpack.

Before the ravages of age turned him into a curmudgeonly old fart.

EjSguOA.gif

yo damn, look at this scrub. can't even spell off.

Never edit, even for typos.

I've been consistently posting HaloGAF going six years and for for five years before you even joined GAF. I am not part of any "hivemind".

There's nothing left here. Wu, Ghaleon, the TJ's (cant for the life of me explain why Ram has stuck around), .

Because I like to troll kids, obviously.

Halo hasn't been fun for 3/4 years - its no real surprise the community has deteriorated in that time.

Also speedy blue dude I wouldn't put money towards pc stuff yet - when they announce the games you will have a few months at least to buy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom