• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunavi

Banned
Why was that dude so angry? I don't even get it.
I called his inheritor teammates fat kids, he thought I was talking to the entire team, so he called me a fat nerd that played halo all day, but in actuality I barely ever have time to play halo and I'm in pretty good shape, so I told him that and he wouldn't have any of it.

fawaz

Banned
I thought he was from Britain? He sounded fat, like you could hear chicken wing bones get expelled from his mouth as he talked.

He told me he was from san francisco, and that he thought it was great city that's only problem is the obnoxious gay community.
He also said that he wishes he could play halo 4 but can't because his bases(in Afghanistan) game library sucked.

Nebula

I played like 10-15 games of Halo 3 early Sunday morning and enjoyed myself. Played a bit of Reach BTB after I woke up and got Cragmire. Pretty much ended that session early as it set the mood for the remainder of my games. Reach seriously is unplayable solo. I didn't even bother with Halo 4.

Played some Battefield 1943 after some Blops 2 with my friend who I haven't played multiplayer with in like 3 months. Was a lot a fun.

I'd love to get in on some BTB 8 team action as well. I can only do Friday/Saturday night though :(.

Shadders

Is there any interest in bringing back HaloGAF customs? Never played in the OG ones, but yolo

I know there's a good sized group playing Halo 4 BTB, but might as well try and make a big 16 player custom game (Whether it be Reach or H4)

I would, but only if you could pick a time that favours EuroHaloGAF..

Halo hasn't been fun for 3/4 years - its no real surprise the community has deteriorated in that time.

*Sigh* .. I used to have a team of RL friends who played Halo together. We went from weekly Halo CE and Halo 2 LANs, to Halo 2 and 3 online, there were 8 of us, we absolutely bossed big team right up until the end of 2010.

On Reach our numbers dwindled, occasionally we'd manage 6 players to fill an Invasion team, but 5 for Squad Slayer (RIP) was typical.

It's our Halo night tonight, Monday has been my Halo night for over 10 years, there's a chance I may be the only one to show up..

2gvOjlo.gif

Found this.

Y2KGLuPh.jpg

Got my signed goddies from 343 an CA for coming 2nd in the forge contest. The signed screens of Ravine and Daybreak look pretty sweet. Might get them framed.

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member
Welcome here at gaf, now the real challenge will begin, will be strong enough to endure us?

Don't worry, as long as your not 16 or 17 you'll fit in just fine. English isn't my first language either (4th one actually) and it isn't that much of a barrier. Welcome!

Thanks, I'm 22 btw. I don't post much anyway (when I do is actually a wall of text that only few people are willing to climb, Wahrer style with less fanfic). I see HaloGAF is going through this cyclic civil war thing again, people will leave and eventually come back. I still don't get why people have to announce that they "retire" from a topic or why it's needed to be rude when people disagree with someone else's opinion but that seems to be the trend here.

I've said everything I think about Halo 4 in my first post here but I agree with those of you who think the declining in quality of Halo communities is going with the declining of Halo itself. It's not just GAF. Halo 4 shattered the Halo community that was left after Reach and killed or ruined many sub-communities (Speedrunners, people who played Race and other "minigames", even Forgers are pissed).

Obviously we still give feedback but there are so many things wrong that every time someone posts about something he would change about gameplay it is welcomed by a tsunami of posts about how bad the game is or about how much more important is to change something else first. Some posters don't even play the game anymore and everything they say is just "the game is shit" because they reiterated their points so many times that now they sum up everything in that one sentence.

I'd like to point out that all this negativity is counter-productive and useless. If we focus I think we can see 343i trying to fix their mistakes. We got red Xs, we got throwdown, we are getting a TU for balance. They are listening, the results are not the best but I'm looking at the future. I know that Gamasutra article (and that blog post written in 3rd person) is pretty self-explanatory but they hired Bravo and few other people to help them understand what is needed to change in order to make Halo innovative again. I'm positive about Halo 5. I'm not saying I'll buy halo on day-one or nextbox just because of it but I will give it a try.

Gui_PT

By the way guys, my favorite band released a new song called This Is The Song

They call it TITS but it doesn't really matter

I'll try to find a link for you!

IHaveIce

Banned
Thanks, I'm 22 btw. I don't post much anyway (when I do is actually a wall of text that only few people are willing to climb, Wahrer style with less fanfic). I see HaloGAF is going through this cyclic civil war thing again, people will leave and eventually come back. I still don't get why people have to announce that they "retire" from a topic or why it's needed to be rude when people disagree with someone else's opinion but that seems to be the trend here.

I've said everything I think about Halo 4 in my first post here but I agree with those of you who think the declining in quality of Halo communities is going with the declining of Halo itself. It's not just GAF. Halo 4 shattered the Halo community that was left after Reach and killed or ruined many sub-communities (Speedrunners, people who played Race and other "minigames", even Forgers are pissed).

Obviously we still give feedback but there are so many things wrong that every time someone posts about something he would change about gameplay it is welcomed by a tsunami of posts about how bad the game is or about how much more important is to change something else first. Some posters don't even play the game anymore and everything they say is just "the game is shit" because they reiterated their points so many times that now they sum up everything in that one sentence.

I'd like to point out that all this negativity is counter-productive and useless. If we focus I think we can see 343i trying to fix their mistakes. We got red Xs, we got throwdown, we are getting a TU for balance. They are listening, the results are not the best but I'm looking at the future. I know that Gamasutra article (and that blog post written in 3rd person) is pretty self-explanatory but they hired Bravo and few other people to help them understand what is needed to change in order to make Halo innovative again. I'm positive about Halo 5. I'm not saying I'll buy halo on day-one or nextbox just because of it but I will give it a try.

Good 2 posts so far.

But I also agree to the person who said yesterday 343 could save Halo with John Howard and Jaime Griesemer, though after the time they spent on Halo they deserve a break and to work on something new.

Also alot of meta discussion again huh? Whatever.

Had some fun and some terrible games yesterday in Halo 4, the twist is that the bad ones weren't bad because of gameplay, we had almost every second game huuuuge lag.

I would, but only if you could pick a time that favours EuroHaloGAF.

I'll try and figure out a time that works for most people. I know conflicting timezones might be an issue but I'll definitely try and work with it in mind.

Based on the posts from last night it seems like there is some interest in bringing back HaloGAF customs. I'll try and find some gametypes/maps and make a post later in the week and see if that get's anymore attention.

That's literally most members ON HaloGAF. He only has like 5 people not ignored lol.
Funny. It is the majority of HaloGAF who have joined this forum around a year ago. (with a few exceptions of course) It only showcases the downfall of the thread to be honest.

Talking about the next OT already?
------------------------------------------------
Previous PAX Prime goers - how much did ye spend per day? I'm trying to plan my savings now that I've every book (look at all that money go ;_;).
Oh. The USA is pretty cheap compared to us. Last year I had ~600€ with me. I planned to buy the Astros at PAX. (I did not) So I came back with 300€-350€. I spent Thursday-Monday, but you can exclude Thursday from the math because I arrived at the evening and went to a party with free food and drinks for me. lol.

So yeah we getting around ~75€ per day. But we did eat at fency restaurants everyday. I bought over-expensive drinks at the convention center. etc (Don't do it!). And some goodies I think, but I can't remember correctly. haha.

Best thing is to plan where to go, where to eat etc in advance. Ask locals like Frankie, David or Rukari( @rukizzel on twitter) for great recommendations. I don't know if Frank or David have time to respond to your pm, but Rukari is very friendly. He will do of course.

I rarely play this game anymore, I usually opt for World of Warcraft or Black Ops 2, but I had a lot of fun playing with my buddies last night.

But three things really bugged the shit out of me almost the entire time - firstly, there is no way to tell which team you're on by looking at the score in the lower right corner of the HUD. If I don't pay attention at the very beginning of the match I usually have to melee to see the color of my armor. It's idiotic. How hard would it have been to add a little arrow like in previous Halo games?

Also, why in the world does checking the scoreboard during a match disable player movement? What is the design philosophy in that?

And while it's nice to have death X's finally back, they only stick around for a split second, which makes them practically useless. Again, why?

I think the engine is phenomenal, but some of these amateur design decisions really have me concerned for future 343 games.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I rarely play this game anymore, I usually opt for World of Warcraft or Black Ops 2, but I had a lot of fun playing with my buddies last night.

But three things really bugged the shit out of me almost the entire time - firstly, there is no way to tell which team you're on by looking at the score in the lower right corner of the HUD. If I don't pay attention at the very beginning of the match I usually have to melee to see the color of my armor. It's idiotic. How hard would it have been to add a little arrow like in previous Halo games?

Also, why in the world does checking the scoreboard during a match disable player movement? What is the design philosophy in that?

And while it's nice to have death X's finally back, they only stick around for a split second, which makes them practically useless. Again, why?

I think the engine is phenomenal, but some of these amateur design decisions really have me concerned for future 343 games.
There's that circle thing beside your team, I believe. I also hate how you can't move while checking the scoreboard. If Race ever comes out it'll be ruined because of it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Watched the 2006 MLG Orlando Finals again, damn that was sick Halo.

Still have to laugh everytime at fumbleayame.

Somebody on tonight to play? Big Team Parties or some silly multiteam would be cool

Nebula

There's that circle thing beside your team, I believe. I also hate how you can't move while checking the scoreboard. If Race ever comes out it'll be ruined because of it.

I won a mongoose race tournament back in 09. Good times. Yeah, being unable to use the scoreboard will suck if it comes it, it was the rear facing mirror in a sense.

willow ve

I really want CTF to be my favorite playlist in Halo again. Is there a job posting that would allow me to manage CTF? Just a few changes and it could be really fun (although you have to scrap 50% of the maps).

Mix

I really want CTF to be my favorite playlist in Halo again. Is there a job posting that would allow me to manage CTF. Just a few changes and it could be really fun (although you have to scrap 50% of the maps).
This is unfortunately true. Not many if the maps are good for CTF

IHaveIce

Banned
I really want CTF to be my favorite playlist in Halo again. Is there a job posting that would allow me to manage CTF? Just a few changes and it could be really fun (although you have to scrap 50% of the maps).

The only maps I really enjoy playing CTF are Simplex or Dispatch. Adrift is the worst

Didn't play any BTB flag games for now.

Edit: Oh I guess Skyline and Monolith are also ok, really would like to know how most maps would be without the Waypoint over your head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom