• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

I need a day to just play halo. I haven't had a day to just sit down and play the games through again. I think I'm going to start getting my littlest brother into the lore. I was 6 and he's 8. I think he's ready
Just like with flags in Halo 4, amirite?
This was actually funny. Come on guys, fix that flag shit

DeadNames

Banned
A question for those who have Samsung phones:

Do you guys have charging problems? My phone doesn't charge unless I have it in a certain position, and it is EXTREMELY annoying.

GrizzNKev

Banned
If you could come up with your own ending to the franchise, or even just Master Chief's story, how would you write it?

Bungie-verse and 343-verse versions are fair play.

Halysis is not.

Booshka

If you could come up with your own ending to the franchise, or even just Master Chief's story, how would you write it?

Halysis is not.

The end of Halo CE, is the end of the franchise, and no they weren't just getting started, shit ended there.

Halysis is not.

You motherfucker. Halysis doesn't even focus on Chief!

I just want Chief to be able to give mama Halsey a hug by the end of the series.

GrizzNKev

Banned
You motherfucker. Halysis doesn't even focus on Chief!

I just want Chief to be able to give mama Halsey a hug by the end of the series.

I just wanted to see your reaction if I threw that in there.

Can a one-armed Halsey really give a satisfying hug?

STAY TUNED

Kendrick's Good Kid, M.A.A.D City and Krit's Return of 4Eva are the more recent albums I love, rest of rap has been in a decline though or I've grown tired of genre. Some indie stuff still surpises me once and while.

I use to do Wu-Mondays many blue moons ago over at the Hiphop thread. Good times.

Drop back in son.

Haven't listened to Life is Good yet, guess I just might.

Its definitely worth a listen.

Any of you dudes ever written in that portion of "notes" at the back of a game booklet or user guide? And if so what did you write?

Funny I was only thinking of this the other day, I used to write cheat codes when I was a kid, and the Crash Bandicoot level passwords

I just wanted to see your reaction if I threw that in there.

Can a one-armed Halsey really give a satisfying hug?

STAY TUNED

It's so perfect though! Just picture them walking up to each other for the first time in years after the war, still stiff as boards in military cadence.

"Ma'am."

"John."

"Dr. Halsey. Do you think the program was a success?"

"You were swift, strong, brave - the soldier they needed you to be."

*Chief goes over and hugs the closest thing he has to a mom after countless years of war*

Of course 343 will immediately fuck this up by having Chief grab Halsey's boob and say "I've waited so long to do that."

TheOddOne

lim3Q6l.png
Ya'll can't hold this weight. Hold this shit, hold it.

So many potential intelligence that cortana should've openly brought up to master chief while on the dawn or on requiem.

Example:
Hypothesizing what the Shield World's purpose was built for and further questioning their presence being there. Thoroughly analyzing what the Prometheans were actually former sentient beings and their purposes as defensive A.I.'s against the Flood. Simple relevant questions that any player(s) would admire these explanations while playing Campaign. (Terminals & Novels)

(Sure that her rampancy is in effect, but that shouldn't be a legitimate reason not to expand cortanas fascination and curiosity while being on a Forerunner Planet. And the threat of the Didact had escalated. Infinity needs saving. Cortana is loosing herself. -Spartan Ops Conclusion- Jul M'dama sends Requiem into the nearest Sun causing a Nova.) Almost Too Busy Misguided Campaign Story Telling.

This above took away the Mystery/Majestic Halo feeling for Halo 4. Making Requiem an irrelevant object was, imo, a disappointing move & I assume others had high hopes what Relevant intel and lore purposes it had to offer. The Terminals did an amazing job of explaining this, but it wasn't in-game and that alone had a bigger negative effect to those who didn't know or even got to research the prologue about the Forerunners, Prometheans, and Requiem. Etc.

Felt like addressing these points about the games campaign issues. I have yet to see others opinions similar as to all the above.

Luckily we got our giant hullahoop for a limited cameo in the game. Installation 03 would've offered an interesting plot twist IF we would've explored on it. Instead we were chasing Lord-Volder-Didact thorought most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom