• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunavi

Banned
rlbbkju6d.gif

9/10
Thank you. I worked hard on that.

Mix

I've been following HaloGAF since 2008, what are you trying to say? That we should actively take shit because they were here longer or first? That our contributions aren't worth the same solely because we didn't register when they did?

I used to post more at Bungie.net for Halo discussion but they've moved on and it's more Destiny, so I post here. I don't like Halo 4 much, but I play it routinely, share my thoughts here.

I think the older posters here definitely deserve the right to be wary of juniors and new members coming and changing the discussion, but to dismiss newer members outright or ignore them is just dumb.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I was siding with seniority being a weak leg to stand upon. I was stating that not all juniors come over here and take a shit on this thread like it is stated. people need to just get along, it isn't that hard.
I think I might have misunderstood which side you stood on when initially reading your original post, if this is the case then I apologize.

Ramirez

I'm sure Thermite will play any game that doesn't involve Tashi now.

lol, what's that about?

Not sure if serious, are you back into that game? I was actually kind of getting the itch again to get my shitty loot roll on again.

lol

Yea, I've been playing it a little bit the past couple weeks, waiting on the mob density patch to really get into it. I found a DH build that feels very similar to an Amazon build from D2. I can just spam multishot all day. :D

Thermite

lol, what's that about?

Kid was just terrible at Dota, had to be purged from my friend's list. Tashi has killed dota for all that have played with him. Only EZB and Trasher remain.

Yea, I've been playing it a little bit the past couple weeks, waiting on the mob density patch to really get into it. I found a DH build that feels very similar to an Amazon build from D2. I can just spam multishot all day. :D

The ole multishot. I'll check it out again after this mob density business comes out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kid was just terrible at Dota, had to be purged from my friend's list. Tashi has killed dota for all that have played with him. Only EZB and Trasher remain.

The ole multishot. I'll check it out again after this mob density business comes out.

I've made new and better friends bruh. One hundred and nine. BZM. Logicbomb. They're all much cooler and better than you.

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member
I think the issue is there are a bunch of posters who don't play Halo 4 and are especially enthusiastic about discussing their dislike. The problem is that there's only one Halo Community OT, so the folks who don't like or literally don't even play Halo 4 have one single place to discuss their dissent, and are very dedicated posters, but that's basically creating a binary fight rather than a community thread about Halo 4. Why not split it up? People who actually play Halo 4 have a thread for that, and people who don't have a thread about their issues and Halo games they actually do play?
And then maybe conversations don't devolve into personal attacks or redundant bitching?

I would read and post in both.

It sounds like a bad idea. People should just moderate themselves, we're not a bunch of monkeys in a zoo. We can keep it clean for the better. I sincerely can't tell if it was a serious advice or just taking the problem to the extreme.

I stopped playing Halo 4 for many reasons (flinch, most of my friends don't play anymore, balance issues and so on, we already know the flaws) but I still follow the evolution of the game, I still watch streams, I'm still here (I'm a junior but let's not bitch about this because it deviates from my point). Should I post in a sort of ghetto-thread because some people can't refrain from posting "halo 4 is shit"? I don't think this would be a solution.

This community is so committed to the franchise that sometimes emotions take over rational talk but that's not necessarily a bad thing IMO. Halo 4 was a disappointment for some of us and the fixes are a sort of placebo considering you guys can't just change the direction you chose with halo 4 in a TU. We do deal with it but we are giving our feedback for next games. We, the people who stopped playing Halo 4, did not want to do so. We want next Halo to be addicting, we want it to be an arena shooter again, we want it to be competitive, we want it to be Halo.

I'm not justifying the bitching o the insults, like I said people should just think before posting and that would do miracles but splitting up would make everything worse.

EDIT

Feel free to add me, my GT in my nickname. I do enjoy the game with people I can talk with. I live in Italy so times could be a barrier but I follow the thread so that should not be a problem.

willow ve

I would rather have people bitch and moan about the actual game instead of all this bitching and moaning about the thread. At least some people have the decency to complain about the right thing.

also - can we PLEASE get Infinity CTF removed from CTF hopper? Please? Let's just make a full on Infinity Hopper where ALL of those gametypes go to die a merry death together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom