• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned
So many potential intelligence that cortana should've openly brought up to master chief while on the dawn or on requiem.

Example:
Hypothesizing what the Shield World's purpose was built for and further questioning their presence being there. Thoroughly analyzing what the Prometheans were actually former sentient beings and their purposes as defensive A.I.'s against the Flood. Simple relevant questions that any player(s) would admire these explanations while playing Campaign. (Terminals & Novels)

(Sure that her rampancy is in effect, but that shouldn't be a legitimate reason not to expand cortanas fascination and curiosity while being on a Forerunner Planet. And the threat of the Didact had escalated. Infinity needs saving. Cortana is loosing herself. -Spartan Ops Conclusion- Jul M'dama sends Requiem into the nearest Sun causing a Nova.) Almost Too Busy Misguided Campaign Story Telling.

This above took away the Mystery/Majestic Halo feeling for Halo 4. Making Requiem an irrelevant object was, imo, a disappointing move & I assume others had high hopes what Relevant intel and lore purposes it had to offer. The Terminals did an amazing job of explaining this, but it wasn't in-game and that alone had a bigger negative effect to those who didn't know or even got to research the prologue about the Forerunners, Prometheans, and Requiem. Etc.

Felt like addressing these points about the games campaign issues. I have yet to see others opinions similar as to all the above.

Luckily we got our giant hullahoop for a limited cameo in the game. Installation 03 would've offered an interesting plot twist IF we would've explored on it. Instead we were chasing Lord-Volder-Didact thorought most of the game.

Agreed. Gonna put this in the OP for prosperity.

ay m0nkey, have you traded with anyone on BBT yet? lol this random dude sent me a party chat invite, so I joined and we negotiated - guy tried to haggle me but he folded and gave me the 18 yarn for some dumb face like originally planned B]

wwm0nkey

ay m0nkey, have you traded with anyone on BBT yet? lol this random dude sent me a party chat invite, so I joined and we negotiated - guy tried to haggle me but he folded and gave me the 18 yarn for some dumb face like originally planned B]

Yup, some guy thought he was trading me nothing but traded me his favorite head XD

(I returned it because I am nice though)

"Linked up with Bungie Dot Net".

First game I see on Juices' stream: AR start on Swordbase. 100% bloom. Full Camo. Unpatched Armour Lock.

The revival of Reach must be an attempt to shame 343 for making Halo 4. Playing vanilla Reach is an act of self-flagellation to punish 343 by proxy. It is a noble cause, only for those of the strictest of disciplines, like monks.

Reach came before Halo 1 - 3. Juices and his Reach gang are the monks. They came from 2012 (Halo is set in space where black holes are, so time travel is possible) where they witnessed the terrifying vision of Infinity Halo and undroppable flags. They chanted for three games straight to warn us but alas they failed and Halo 4 with Infinity CTF was unleashed upon the world.

Edit: I see they also had a one-kill-kid who went neg 15. The fullest Reach experience right there.

You have more H4 games played than I do :p

AnxiousBugsface.jpg

14.25 - 15.05 on this http://www.twitch.tv/sometimesimepic/b/397960632 for Halo Reach encapsulated in 30 seconds.

Nebula

I had an urge to play Halo 3 yesterday while I was at work. I forgot on the way home and started on season 3 of Game of Thrones. Watched 5 episodes in a row, and now I'm waiting on the 6th.

Also I hate time zones. I get into work and you guys are still playing, or are on about playing Halo.

14.25 - 15.05 on this http://www.twitch.tv/sometimesimepic/b/397960632 for Halo Reach encapsulated in 30 seconds.

A simple melee blocking a Sword is why it's a good thing Bungie isn't in charge of Halo anymore, sorry to say. I like and appreciate Bungie as much as the next guy, but what the hell at some of their decisions.

343, please. For the love of everything sacred.. Make. Camo. A. Powerup. Start there with Halo 5. Please.

Nebula

A simple melee blocking a Sword is why it's a good thing Bungie isn't in charge of Halo anymore, sorry to say. I like and appreciate Bungie as much as the next guy, but what the hell at some of their decisions.

343, please. For the love of everything sacred.. Make. Camo. A. Powerup. Start there with Halo 5. Please.

Active Camo will remain an AA forever. Snipers will continue to be forever invisible.

IHaveIce

Banned
Whatever randomness there is to shooting in Reach is compounded in Halo 4 by ordinances and "make your own special gingerbread man."
Then play Throwdown in 4. But you guys also don't play MLG Reach, so I don'r if you really want good gametypes and good matchups :(

EDit: vvv I am, Stalker

Because time zones suck.

Who is awake and available to play Halo 3, Halo 4 or Reach for the next few hours? Note I don't want to actually play right now but having some idea who is going to be available would be nice

Just spent the last 2 hours playing halo 3 with a couple of my mates, was so refreshing to play that game again. Had an amazing comeback on Guardian BR's when two Elites on the other team fell off snipe three chasing me for the final their kill. We ended up wining 50 - 49.

So many potential intelligence that cortana should've openly brought up to master chief while on the dawn or on requiem.

Example:
Hypothesizing what the Shield World's purpose was built for and further questioning their presence being there. Thoroughly analyzing what the Prometheans were actually former sentient beings and their purposes as defensive A.I.'s against the Flood. Simple relevant questions that any player(s) would admire these explanations while playing Campaign. (Terminals & Novels)

(Sure that her rampancy is in effect, but that shouldn't be a legitimate reason not to expand cortanas fascination and curiosity while being on a Forerunner Planet. And the threat of the Didact had escalated. Infinity needs saving. Cortana is loosing herself. -Spartan Ops Conclusion- Jul M'dama sends Requiem into the nearest Sun causing a Nova.) Almost Too Busy Misguided Campaign Story Telling.

This above took away the Mystery/Majestic Halo feeling for Halo 4. Making Requiem an irrelevant object was, imo, a disappointing move & I assume others had high hopes what Relevant intel and lore purposes it had to offer. The Terminals did an amazing job of explaining this, but it wasn't in-game and that alone had a bigger negative effect to those who didn't know or even got to research the prologue about the Forerunners, Prometheans, and Requiem. Etc.

Felt like addressing these points about the games campaign issues. I have yet to see others opinions similar as to all the above.

Luckily we got our giant hullahoop for a limited cameo in the game. Installation 03 would've offered an interesting plot twist IF we would've explored on it. Instead we were chasing Lord-Volder-Didact thorought most of the game.

Agree with the Cortana bit, better ideas than get/find me another terminal or button or portal.

Disagree with Requiem as this creates insane importance on the Janus Key while simultaneously displaying the desperation of Jul. I also feel like 343i peeled the Forerunner curtain back and created more mysteries for the next games/books.

Think back to your first playthrough CE and all the first encounters to then have 10 years of discovery in more games/media. I think the lore was unified quite well but a clean no Flood slate and intro of Prometheans/Requiem was the sort of freshness that mystery needs.

I do agree this could have been expanded on and executed better in game for campaign/SPOPS. They big up'd Requiem but in game we never really got into the inner workings of it.

Stop so much new content generation and provide higher quality and more meaningful experiences with the content layers/assets as a foundation, in place of redesigning new assets all the time.

We want to explore and delve deep into our game worlds/lore. I hope the elements of the Janus key deliver this in future Halo games.

Rumble Pro is so good. It's crazy how much restricted loadouts and no personal ordnance improve the game.

Why is there still a regicide playlist?

Mix

Rumble Pro is so good. It's crazy how much restricted loadouts and no personal ordnance improve the game.

Why is there still a regicide playlist?
Because if you need to boost you should be able to. This is in no way a shitty comment about the game type, but I've never had a game of regicide that I didn't JIP and finish in less than third place.

Because if you need to boost you should be able to. This is in no way a shitty comment about the game type, but I've never had a game of regicide that I didn't JIP and finish in less than third place.

I played a quick warm up in Regicide the other day. I was destroying - there was a guy and his three guests plus one or two others - but could not get ahead. Went back and watched the film and just as I'd suspected the guys guests were running towards him then stopping and letting him kill them. Lol'd because I hadn't seen that in Reg before csr was introduced and I thought of Frankie's E-peens.

I played a quick warm up in Regicide the other day. I was destroying - there was a guy and his three guests plus one or two others - but could not get ahead. Went back and watched the film and just as I'd suspected the guys guests were running towards him then stopping and letting him kill them. Lol'd because I hadn't seen that in Reg before csr was introduced and I thought of Frankie's E-peens.

Are parties allowed in Rumble Pit too? I noticed something similar while watching a replay in rumble pit where they were trying to boost assassinations. One player would distract while another hid behind crates on dispatch and assassinate while players were distracted w/ their buddy.

Nebula

Are parties allowed in Rumble Pit too? I noticed something similar while watching a replay in rumble pit where they were trying to boost assassinations. One player would distract while another hid behind crates on dispatch and assassinate while players were distracted w/ their buddy.

I if read that right, it sounds like an excellent idea. Boosting on people who aren't a part of your boosting party. Hell is it even boosting?

I had an urge to play Halo 3 yesterday
So did I. And I submitted to it.

The biggest disappointment with playing Halo 3 now is the difficulty with playing most of the DLC maps. You have to search in a low population list to even see them. It would be so fucking cool if there was just a Social Slayer list where everyone had all the maps.

If I had my way at Microsoft, I would:

-make Halo 3 GoND $5-$15
-trim the playlists to no more than 7
-make all the map packs free to download
-require all the maps installed to play matchmaking
-put a splash message up on 3, Reach, and 4 advertising this

Halo 3 has so many great maps, but many are in the DLC. It's unlikely people are still significantly buying Halo 3 map packs, and even if they were, they can't really enjoy them very much in the current matchmaking infrastructure. Making them all free would push Halo 3 GoND sales much more effectively than doing it the other way around because it adds so much more value to the community of consumers. This was one of the reasons people looked so fondly on Halo 2. It had all free maps eventually and required them to play online, ensuring all players enjoyed the full library of fantastic play spaces.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just got round to listening to HaloGaf Radio with Frank, Kevin and Bravo. Good stuff.

You should get Sai or someone to create some new intro music for you guys.

Thanks man.

Yea I think I've talked about it with him in the past before. We'll get it done at some point lol

Thanks man.

Yea I think I've talked about it with him in the past before. We'll get it done at some point lol

I can whip up a jingle for you guys if you want.

The lounge remixes I made of Nemesis and Revival are 30 seconds apiece and they're up for grabs if you guys want to use those.

Listening to the CE OST right now. Real talk, Trace Amounts doesn't taste like Halo in the slightest.

Booties

Banned
So much contrast issues with halo 4. Can't see shit. Flinch and no descoping with poor color choice makes this game feel like a headache. Not to mention the 40 other glaring
no pun intended
issues

The biggest disappointment with playing Halo 3 now is the difficulty with playing most of the DLC maps. You have to search in a low population list to even see them. It would be so fucking cool if there was just a Social Slayer list where everyone had all the maps.

-make Halo 3 GoND $5-$15

Halo 3 has so many great maps, but many are in the DLC. It's unlikely people are still significantly buying Halo 3 map packs, and even if they were, they can't really enjoy them very much in the current matchmaking infrastructure. Making them all free would push Halo 3 GoND sales much more effectively than doing it the other way around because it adds so much more value to the community of consumers. This was one of the reasons people looked so fondly on Halo 2. It had all free maps eventually and required them to play online, ensuring all players enjoyed the full library of fantastic play spaces.

I wish they would do this. Hell I wish they'd do that for reach. I just want to play my DLC maps damnit.

Fotos

KhbgAlB.png

All time low. yay

Nebula

-make Halo 3 GoND $5-$15

In BTB I had Longshore a few times. I was in a team of 8 though, but it was a rag tag band of 8, not a full on BTB sweaty crew. Guess we all had the DLC though. I'd love to see Halo 3 get a streamlined playlist selection and see the DLC go free. It's crap that the old games pretty much either get a discount, but not a big one, or remain full price until the end of time. It's not like HDD space is a massive issue anymore either.

I don't see what could be bad about sprucing up the place a bit. If 343 understand the Halo franchise, and the fans it has, then they should understand that people always go back to the previous ones and giving them a better experience would be great.

All time low. yay

Halocharts should make it so we can see the numbers in 10K increases now. It has got to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom