• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

Ram, I hope all is going well with your child. I have him in my thoughts and I will donate as soon as I have money to do so.

Havok

Yeah.. CTF in H4 is a travesty. I probably have less issues than most here (could take or leave waypoint, flagnum, juggling). Auto pickup, loadups, map selection makes the regular objective playlist CTF awful.

Throwdown is quite a bit better due to map selection and loadouts though.
My main issue with the core gametype has always been the waypoint. It isn't the only problem I have with it (autopickup, no ability to drop, no loadout restrictions, 1HKO melee), but stealth runs were a huge part of how I played CTF and that's gone now. In contrast, I think making the carrier full speed and giving him a reasonably powerful weapon worked out pretty well. Its a series of steps forward and then backward.

I would rather have them remove the waypoint from the base carrier, then if they're unwilling to allow juggling give them a limited, slower sprint that reveals their location than have a constant waypoint breaking what I liked about CTF.
I don't even understand what the impetus was for increasing the player count of Objective, besides more options of poor quality maps. Whatever the decision was, it did absolutely nothing to improve the player pool, and it actually dropped Team Regicide, one of the best gametypes that 343 has come up with outside of Action Sack.
The reason that they gave was that they wanted to give people an objective-based experience with a a higher player count...but apparently didn't realize that this wasn't what people clamoring for BTB objectives wanted, and it wasn't what 4v4 objective players wanted either. Add in that only two objective gametypes in Halo 4 work even moderately well with high player counts (CTF, Extraction...I guess you can throw Dominion in there even though I have a very low opinion of that gametype), but only one of them is featured in the playlist lumped in with two gametypes like Oddball and King that only work really well in 4v4? Yeah, of course the experience ends up being dedicedly mediocre.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Thanks!

He has cystic fibrosis, you all posted that vid in an update last May. <3

Just retweeted and facebooked. Will talk to Jessica about putting it on Waypoint next week.

I think I mentioned this to you last time but this was a really big problem growing up in the seventies and even then I remember thinking it wasn't getting the attention that "sexy" or "popular" diseases got - which sounds awful, but is a thing. And as an asthmatic myself, I sort of relate to one of the worst symptoms.

Mix

I love that this community can lean on each other when we're on on a weak knee. Something that has brought a tear to my eye countless times :,)

Ramirez

Just retweeted and facebooked. Will talk to Jessica about putting it on Waypoint next week.

I think I mentioned this to you last time but this was a really big problem growing up in the seventies and even then I remember thinking it wasn't getting the attention that "sexy" or "popular" diseases got - which sounds awful, but is a thing. And as an asthmatic myself, I sort of relate to one of the worst symptoms.

Awesome man, thanks.

Yea, it doesn't get the attention it needs, I assume because it effects such a small amount of people compared to something like cancer. My OT thread got an overwhelming 6 replies, 2-3 being from me, lol.

Can we be Inhaler Bros? I mean that might be legitimately the worst possible thing to bond over so i feel we have to do it. Shitty Lung GAF unite

I agree with you in part, but therein lies another problem. If your mind simply ignores them, why are they there? They are either an irrelevant distraction or simply irrelevant. What's the point?

I mean, I guess its there for the people who picked up Halo who have become accustomed to other FPS games. Its becoming the norm now to display all this information on screen.

Which again is one of my main issues with 343, the fact they seemed to take cues from what everyone else in the genre is doing. The original Halos were so successful because they innovated and brought new things to the table.

343 have the talent and resources to create some wild innovations for Halo 5. Give us the next big thing. Halo 1 had it with a solid weapons sandbox, regenerating health, 2 weapon limit, etc etc. Halo 2 nailed online multiplayer for consoles and practically gave microsoft the foundations for what Xbox live has become. Halo 3 brought Theatre, Forge and improvements all around (Even if its a a shit game now)

Halo 5 needs to bring the next big thing to the forefront. Dont play it safe and abide by current shooter standards (Halo 4). Do some wild shit like Bungie used to do.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can we be Inhaler Bros? I mean that might be legitimately the worst possible thing to bond over so i feel we have to do it. Shitty Lung GAF unite

I'm lucky - mine is mild unless I am having an allergic reaction to a cat (WHICH I OWN BECAUSE I AM STUPID) but I didn't realize I had it growing up, I just thought I sucked at running. I would run a normal mile pace, but feel like I was literally going to combust.

Trasher

I'm lucky - mine is mild unless I am having an allergic reaction to a cat (WHICH I OWN BECAUSE I AM STUPID) but I didn't realize I had it growing up, I just thought I sucked at running. I would run a normal mile pace, but feel like I was literally going to combust.

That cat is huge.

Loved it in chaos theory.

Why not use gamefly? Saves a bunch on money. That's what I do these days.

Bought only 2 games last year and rented the rest.
Is it the same template as Netflix, or do you have a time limit on a game? I don't have tons of time to burn to quickly go through a campaign, and I generally like to take my time with them anyway.

Mix

I have a similar problem. I'm mildly asthmatic but when it acts up I feel like I'm going to drop dead.

Tunavi

Banned
tumblr_mjmeot6Wbv1rqf5p6o2_400.gif

Heh, I thought she was touching the other lady, why are they playing a single player game?

Im allergic to dust which sucks because the air here have large portion of dust, and some fruits can intoxicated me, thank god I had a treatment and left the inhaler.

Is it the same template as Netflix, or do you have a time limit on a game? I don't have tons of time to burn to quickly go through a campaign, and I generally like to take my time with them anyway.

I use the British equivalent.

But Xand confirmed that it is very similiar to the Netflix model.

Pay a fee every month (varies on package selected), keep the games as long as you want and then send it back when you're finished.

I tend to go through 2 a month, just to get the most out of my subscription.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Fracas: What's your CSR ranking?
Girls on stream (that said they play Halo): "What's a CSR ranking?"

lmao

EDIT:

She HAS A BATTE RIFLE TATTOO.

JackHerer

I wanna give credit where credit is due: Join in Progress is much much better now. Especially in throw down. It's perfect because it helps when people quit before the game starts which happens alot but it doesn't put you in a game down 20 kills anymore.

I use the British equivalent.

But Xand confirmed that it is very similiar to the Netflix model.

Pay a fee every month (varies on package selected), keep the games as long as you want and then send it back when you're finished.

I tend to go through 2 a month, just to get the most out of my subscription.
Thanks, I'll look into it. Seems much better than the alternative of buying games (even for cheap) that offer little to no replay value for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom