• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

You guys should play a win/loss hopper like CTF. Big team individual CSR makes no sense (but it is a cluster of fun power weapons and vehicles - so there's that).

Big picture of the 3A Toys Carter. This thing is sick. Joints are covered in rubber "fabric" at the right places, it takes watch batteries to power up tiny LEDs for the various illuminated parts. The grenades are canonical (they stick to hips with magnets) and all the fingers are jointed. I mean, I am not into collectibles or action figures, but this thing is blowing my mind. There is even a face behind the visor. Which is almost 100% opaque except under very specific conditions.

ymae4Qs.jpg
I've already got it preordered, use your powers and get the wizards at 3A working on a Master Chief pls.

Striker

I'm curious, what is your issue with the 1 hit kill objectives?
Made for players sitting around corners or crates far more powerful than they should be (in H4 it's probably more so since your walking speed is not slower). In Halo 2 it was two hits to kill with a flag, bomb, or ball. It could become a one hit kill if you jumped and smacked them in the head, though.

Striker

But they have a waypoint over their head if they have a ball or flag...if you get melee'd by them thats kind of your fault.
Before Halo 4 the flag didn't. These carriers should be treated as players you need to protect and guide through the map, not allow them to sit in one small area because they'll easily defend themselves with one press of the melee button.

Big picture of the 3A Toys Carter. This thing is sick. Joints are covered in rubber "fabric" at the right places, it takes watch batteries to power up tiny LEDs for the various illuminated parts. The grenades are canonical (they stick to hips with magnets) and all the fingers are jointed. I mean, I am not into collectibles or action figures, but this thing is blowing my mind. There is even a face behind the visor. Which is almost 100% opaque except under very specific conditions.

ymae4Qs.jpg

Where can I buy this, and how much?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've already got it preordered, use your powers and get the wizards at 3A working on a Master Chief pls.

$220 - it is a 1/6th scale model.

Sideshow also sells them! I am reliably informed they are already shipping to customers. I can't get over all the magnets. One day science will understand how magnets work. until then, you can't explain that.

Pop

I'll be on until I get mad at BTB Infinity

does not compute

50 here

but I rather just have classic BTB with static weapons. Actually I would like that for all playlists. Or at least half playlist classic settings and the other half Infinity. Such is life on H4.

does not compute

50 here

but I rather just have classic BTB with static weapons. Actually I would like that for all playlists. Or at least half playlist classic settings and the other half Infinity. Such is life on H4.

I would kill for classic BTB settings. 343 pls

Is cunt like a bad bad word or is it a haha bad word?

I remember once calling a co-worker a cunt(joking of course) and he was a bit shocked.

Depends on the situation.

Generally, it's a bad word.

When using it within a friends circle, it's a joke.

When using it to describe Bobs, it's accurate.

$220 - it is a 1/6th scale model.

Sideshow also sells them! I am reliably informed they are already shipping to customers. I can't get over all the magnets. One day science will understand how magnets work. until then, you can't explain that.
You must have quoted the wrong person because I know all of those things already since I have it preordered! Drunk Scottsman, get em making a 1/6 Master Chief.

Rev3rb

Yeah, I'm really not entertained by shooting mass amounts of people in videogames anymore, unless its multiplayer. I'm starting to appreciate more interesting enemy encounters that don't reply on just shooting everyone with a machine gun. Stealth, tranquilizers, super-natural powers, etc. Mowing everyone down with a gun makes me feel bad as a person. My biggest gripe with bioshock infinite.

Ready to mow the covenant down with an SMG in ODST tonight?

Gui_PT

Depends on the situation.

Generally, it's a bad word.

When using it within a friends circle, it's a joke.

When using it to describe Bobs, it's accurate.

His surname starts with a C so I thought it'd be funny to cuntify it.

As to the Bobs part, having actually met the cunt, I must agree.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
:(

OK then.

These are the mountains I've got. Do they count? Transformers has claimed them to be Qatar, the US, and Egypt, depending on the film.

518px-White_Sands_New_Mexico.jpg

I have been there! New Mexico! A cop told us that out of staters often ask if they can use US money, instead of Pesos. But I couldn't tell if it was an urban myth or not.

I have been there! New Mexico! A cop told us that out of staters often ask if they can use US money, instead of Pesos. But I couldn't tell if it was an urban myth or not.

Unfortunately, it's quite true. There are a crazy amount of people (from the US) that think it's a different country. People ask stupid shit like that, or if the water's drinkable, if they'll be charged international calling rates, you name it. White Sands and the rest of the area around here is quite beautiful though, assuming there's not a sand storm in progress.

As for the picture, that location and all of the desert filming (the sets for which I've actually visited) is about <1 mile from my current location (work) and a bunch of the "junkyard" / chase scenes were <1 mile from my house :) Fun fact: the junkyard is actually an old abandoned sawmill. Drive by it every day on the way to work.

EDIT: Found a picture of the sawmill. Optimus, Bumblebee and Sam have their first meeting in the upside-down-thimble kiln and there's action/chase stuff that goes on in the other parts of the property.

up-CCQ1KT6HBIRJ7GDP.jpg

Unfortunately, it's quite true. There are a crazy amount of people (from the US) that think it's a different country. People ask stupid shit like that, or if the water's drinkable, if they'll be charged international calling rates, you name it. White Sands and the rest of the area around here is quite beautiful though, assuming there's not a sand storm in progress.

It was a part of Mexico,
Pancho villa usually crossed the border to kill some US residents then return to Mexico to get drunk.
I find it funny how the U.S. TV shows characters always bring bottles of water when they come to Mexico like if the water of mexico its some kind of poison.

BigShow36

I find it funny how the U.S. TV shows characters always bring bottles of water when they come to Mexico like if the water of mexico its some kind of poison.

Its got bacteria in it that we typically don't have in our water. It makes people who don't drink it on a day-to-day basis shit their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom