• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

I'm curious, what is your issue with the 1 hit kill objectives?
I feel that it removes a lot of the importance of creating a solid perimeter around your carrier and forcing smart play from the carrier - as an example, jumping one hit objective melees in Halo 2 required at least a little effort. If you're protecting an Oddball carrier now, you can set him up in such a way that you might as well have a sword guy around the corner. For flag and bomb specifically before the waypoint, lunge range in combination with the single hit melee let carriers be incredibly powerful while lying in wait. The dynamic has changed a bit with the waypoint, but pursuit viability is still greatly effected, especially now that can defend himself at range. I'm fine with making the carrier useful, but objective items shouldn't be the equivalent of a power weapon with little to no effort required if they want to encourage protection of that player.

GTAV has me so hyped. But is it supposed to be next gen also?
They've not mentioned anything about nextgen.

Could be a big announcement at the Xbox event if it's coming to nextgen.
Yeah, I'm really not entertained by shooting mass amounts of people in videogames anymore, unless its multiplayer. I'm starting to appreciate more interesting enemy encounters that don't reply on just shooting everyone with a machine gun. Stealth, tranquilizers, super-natural powers, etc. Mowing everyone down with a gun makes me feel bad as a person. My biggest gripe with bioshock infinite.

Get a blacker heart, niceness and compassion are terrible qualities.

Wolfcastle.jpeg

X7lSAHx.jpg

This is the peak time.

I know just taking a little potshot at people who defend the low numbers at 3am like they dont matter.

Since everyone works the same shift and gets home at the same time and theres no such thing as time zones.

Also I thought peak was actually in a couple hours usually?

Just saw a new low of 27175 last night.

In a rough position with Halo 4. If I don't want to play Extraction on Dispatch I can't play Throwdown and population pushes me to BullshitInfinity Slayer

Sai-kun

Banned
How am I supposed to get the achievement to disintegrate 6 players? Just try and get a game of infinity slayer on a castle map, and then hope that my weapon drop is forerunner?

How am I supposed to get the achievement to disintegrate 6 players? Just try and get a game of infinity slayer on a castle map, and then hope that my weapon drop is forerunner?

It's cumulative, use Pulse Grenades. Plasma Pistol + Pulse "expansion" is an instant kill. Any and all Pulse Grenade kills count towards derezz kills, the explosion doesn't have to disintegrate the body.

Shadders

That Carter statute looks unreal, but I'm not sure I want to order, because surely there's going to be a Chief one coming soon..

I couldn't justify $400 on the two statutes.. I'm having a baby in the summer and I have two new console purchases to think about.

Is cunt like a bad bad word or is it a haha bad word?

I remember once calling a co-worker a cunt(joking of course) and he was a bit shocked.

For some reason cunt always seems to provoke a pretty strong reaction, I think its because of how uncommon it is and just how good it sounds. No pun intended
seriously, It sounds so harsh

Hahahaha

I think so, I wonder where he is.

Defend yourself Bobs.

Meh you cant say anything Xand hasn't already said, at this point I feel more hostility from newborns and the elderly than I do from you.

IHaveIce

Banned
I hear talk of this Xand but he is pretty much the HaloGAF unicorn

I played with him not too long ago after reading all the stuff about him, he was the one to start talking about this tumblr site of a woman pissing in stores and everything.

I wasn't disappointed, he has held up to the rumours so far.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
in a meeting. got out, looked at what you guys were talking about, got excited that it might be a hot chick. my reaction upon viewing the recorded stream:

Oh they were attractive. Dumb as hell (well, drunk) but attractive. One had a BR tattoo. Sai was hitting on her boyfriend. :p

I'll be on in 20 folks.

I'll be able to join on BTB for about an hour until my girlfriend stabs me in the heart and twists so she can watch Glee.

But we'll make the most out of that hour, HaloGaf. I promise.

I was all set to play with you guys but I'm getting tired and the cat is being super attention whore. Think I'll miss out tonight. Going to piss around on GTA4 and then call it a night.

Microsoft Monday June 10th @ 9:30AM PT
Ubisoft Monday, June 10th @ 1PM PT
EA Monday, June 10th @ 3PM PT
Sony Monday June 10th @ 6PM PT

All Aboard

hypetrain.gif

Obscured

I was all set to play with you guys but I'm getting tired and the cat is being super attention whore. Think I'll miss out tonight. Going to piss around on GTA4 and then call it a night.

Nothing like trying to line up that sniper and getting a cat tail in front of the screen.
Flinch has nothing on furry distractions.

That Carter statute looks unreal, but I'm not sure I want to order, because surely there's going to be a Chief one coming soon..

I couldn't justify $400 on the two statutes.. I'm having a baby in the summer and I have two new console purchases to think about.
That ain't a statue, it's posable! The fingers, they move!

Fuchsdh

It seems nerdy. For 400 bucks to just get something thats going to sit ona shelf...I dunno. That money could be spent on MFC tokens IMO. I guess I never saw the point in collecting statues and figurines.

I'm not a collectibles guy either, mostly because I hate having more stuff than I need (from a philosophical standpoint and a practical one as I'm moving often.) They're certainly beautiful though.

It seems nerdy. For 400 bucks to just get something thats going to sit ona shelf...I dunno. That money could be spent on MFC tokens IMO. I guess I never saw the point in collecting statues and figurines.
It's $220+shipping, and it is hella nerdy, but I don't know, they're also really freakin cool. Streaming video games online while wearing gunnars is pretty nerdy too but whatever.

But MFC tokens, that's where it's at.

I'd say I'm a collector and I think it boils down to what people find visually appealing.
Some people are super concerned about having thousands of pounds of art hanging around their house or busts of historical figures.

I prefer the aesthetics of things that to a degree express my passions. I've got lots of game stuff hanging around my bedroom from Kratoss to Master Chief. Personally I wouldn't have it around the rest of my home for a few reasons mainly I spend little time in those areas and I feel it could be disconcerting to guests. My living room is more typical looking for example.

I collect lower end figures mainly because of size and price point. Having it on display would take up a fair amount of room and I don't think its worth that much either. $10 for a Halo figure is fine by me. $200+ for a scaled version seems a bit crazy. Sure its more detailed and LED and magnets but those features would get very little use.

Fuchsdh

I'd say I'm a collector and I think it boils down to what people find visually appealing.
Some people are super concerned about having thousands of pounds of art hanging around their house or busts of historical figures.

I prefer the aesthetics of things that to a degree express my passions. I've got lots of game stuff hanging around my bedroom from Kratoss to Master Chief. Personally I wouldn't have it around the rest of my home for a few reasons mainly I spend little time in those areas and I feel it could be disconcerting to guests. My living room is more typical looking for example.

I collect lower end figures mainly because of size and price point. Having it on display would take up a fair amount of room and I don't think its worth that much either. $10 for a Halo figure is fine by me. $200+ for a scaled version seems a bit crazy. Sure its more detailed and LED and magnets but those features would get very little use.

If I were a crafty person I'd plunk down the coin for a 1:350 Polar Lights USS ''Enterprise'' and build that sucker from scratch. Only model I'll prolly ever be interested in.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I only buy a few figures here and there. I think I have like 3 total. I try not to go overboard with my gaming stuff out in my living room. Balance it out with some books and sports stuff and some artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom