• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The suppressor is absolutely nasty at close range and seems to strip the OS like no other weapon. AR seems to be better and mid range for me though, pretty good if you burst it from longer ranges.

I've been using it in Multi Team lately. GAF customs too. It's definitely a good choice up close; I mix it up with between it and the AR a lot on small maps.

The BR's been feeling really weak for me lately. Definitely looking forward to the buff. Been rocking the Lightrifle and DMR in the meantime. I neglected the LR up until a few days ago, and I regret it. Dat 4sk when scoped.

Is there going to be a lobby tonight? No plans tonight, and I want to play something.

heckfu

Banned
I've been using it in Multi Team lately. GAF customs too. It's definitely a good choice up close; I mix it up with between it and the AR a lot on small maps.

The BR's been feeling really weak for me lately. Definitely looking forward to the buff. Been rocking the Lightrifle and DMR in the meantime. I neglected the LR up until a few days ago, and I regret it. Dat 4sk when scoped.

Is there going to be a lobby tonight? No plans tonight, and I want to play something.

I don't get off until 10 (or later) and when I get home I'm finally bootcamping my mac so I can roll on DOTA. That's all to say that I'll wanna hop on and play while everything is loading, etc.

kylej

Banned
slt.png

TCKaos

The suppressor is absolutely nasty at close range and seems to strip the OS like no other weapon. AR seems to be better and mid range for me though, pretty good if you burst it from longer ranges.

Storm Rifle here. It's so lonely up here at the top of the food chain.

Obscured

They should have had a Training playlist, but right now it wouldn't matter if you had played hundreds (or thousands) of games played already. Another thing would be to make a new account and let him/her play on that. Delete it after they leave.

Best bet is to go into Team Objective or something. Plenty of AR/Mag users who do nothing but Jetpack in the middle of an open field and spray the AR.

A true training playlist would be great, as opposed to just a place where higher ranks can cleanse newbies. Bots seem like a possibility also. This would be a good thing for ranks to exist also. Have stats and ranks exist elsewhere in playlists, but training stats only show for the individual, so you can't pad and the only people who get something out of it are people new to the game or who want to try something new out.

I actually really like how the latest COD dealt with introducing players to the game, although I still haven't played much of that despite liking how it is set up.

It's a legitimate tactic.

This is the way I play abandon. It works and is hilarious almost all of the time. Although I just switched back to bumper jumper so I probably won't be able to do it anymore.

Computer

A true training playlist would be great, as opposed to just a place where higher ranks can cleanse newbies. Bots seem like a possibility also. This would be a good thing for ranks to exist also. Have stats and ranks exist elsewhere in playlists, but training stats only show for the individual, so you can't pad and the only people who get something out of it are people new to the game or who want to try something new out.

I actually really like how the latest COD dealt with introducing players to the game, although I still haven't played much of that despite liking how it is set up.

This is the way I play abandon. It works and is hilarious almost all of the time. Although I just switched back to bumper jumper so I probably won't be able to do it anymore.
The jet pack is to help players get around the map faster, yet it enables scrubs to spray you in the top of the head with automatic weapons. So fucking annoying get that shit out of my Halo.

• Infinity Halo: More of a Social playlist. Infinity settings. AA's, Personal and Global Ordnance, etc. 343's vision of Halo 4 without the community feedback.
-Doubles
-4v4 Slayer
-BTB Slayer
-Objective (5v5 - CTF, Extraction, Dominion, KOTH, Team Regicide, Oddball)​

• Legacy Halo: (DLC required?) Competitive. Throwdown gametype settings, updated regularly. Everything is an on-map pickup; strict, non-random timers on all Power Weapons/Powerups.
-Doubles
-4v4 Slayer
-4v4 CTF
-BTB Slayer (thought about adding CTF, but the larger maps just don't support it well enough IMO)
-Objective (5v5 - Extraction, Dominion, KOTH, Team Regicide, Oddball)​

• SWAT
  • Griffball
  • Action Sack

There will also be a Double XP playlist, showcasing one of the gametypes each week. This could be used in conjunction with gametype updates, and/or stimulating the lesser-populated gametypes. Shouldn't need it's own hopper, but the double XP might force it.

All playlists are ranked the same way they have been. Did I overlook something?

Questions?
Comments?
Mocking statements?

heckfu

Banned
Poison wanted me to let you know the giveaway starts in TWENTY minutes! It will be open to US gaffers only and it will be a trivia contest. First to quote the question and answer it correctly will win. Questions have been provided by poison so if you don't like them take it up with him.

edit: first question will be for the magazines.

Obscured

The jet pack is to help players get around the map faster, yet it enables scrubs to spray you in the top of the head with automatic weapons. So fucking annoying get that shit out of my Halo.

I totally agree with this. Even though I do use jet pack occasionally I wish it was just a movement AA and you could not fire your weapon while it is engaged. I also dislike camo (I like how my phone wants to auto correct camo to camp), although not just as an AA, really in any form. Again I will use it, but would prefer it didn't exist. Or rather a shadow effect instead of transparency. Thruster is the most 'fun' for me, but I feel I have to use others depending on some game-types or maps.

For custom options I'd like to see the ability to enable multiple tactical packages and support upgrades at the same time. (Doesn't seem like a possibility the way halo 4 is set up but if these concepts stick around for future installments).

Tawpgun

Just beat 1999 mode. What an experience this game is. So good. Story and narrative Halo can only dream of touching. And its not like Halo's structure prevents it from attaining this.

The combat in infinite was VERY similar to Halo. You're given a big sandbox of abilities and weapons to choose from which you can combine in interesting ways.

You have shields and health.

The combat didn't necessarily follow the 30 seconds of fun framework. But the level designs were similar in that you had narrow segments of corridor shooter combat, and then you had wide open areas where the combat was more arena like. That fight in downtown emporia hnggg.

Halo should really take some notes from Infinite as far as campaign goes. Don't be afraid to have fairly lengthy segments of no combat, just walking, observing and developing the story and characters. Some of the best parts of infinite was just walking around Columbia experiencing everything. Or walking/talking to Elizabeth. This could have been done with Cortana more. Or perhaps walking through some sweet forerunner environments with the Didact addressing you. It was done to an extent, but it could have been developed more. What if you got a chance to walk around the Infinity for a bit, see Marines, Spartans, etc reacting to you.

They can keep their setpieces, keep some of the more linear segments, but still have plenty of room for those big open fights that Halo is known for. Then add some segments of no combat, just story driven segments not told in cutscenes. Foster exploration.

Mix

Lets say that the next box can handle some crazy shit a far as field of view and handling a large area without having to load too often (ala skyrim, and other things)
How would everyone feel if Halo 5 ha an open world aspect to it's campaign? Let's say the engine can handle a level the size of a planet and it opens up more as you progress similar to ODST and opens up entirely after the first playthrough. I would enjoy to see this, how about the rest of HG?

kylej

Banned
tawpgun had a very long and heartfelt conversation with hgs and decided he wanted to publicly show his affection for something that got him through some hard times. afaik he's been a brony since day one.

vhfive

tawpgun had a very long and heartfelt conversation with hgs and decided he wanted to publicly show his affection for something that got him through some hard times. afaik he's been a brony since day one.

We were there to support him but we also kicked him out because fuck mlp. that's a show for kids why are grown ass men watching that shit

heckfu

Banned
Alright, question 2 is for the Halo 4 Vote poster and ONI patch!

Fill in the blanks: "___________ humiliated ____________ during a Halo 2 MLG game by using dual _____________ to kill him on Sanctuary."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
holy shit that was fast...and correct! hit up @sltypoison on twitter to claim your prize!

Complete luck. I just finished some stuff at work and turned on HaloGAF the instant you posted.

But I don't want it so give it someone else.

Lol sorry

Alchemical

Neo Member
Foster exploration.

Couldn't agree more, though I'm yet to play Infinite. The only real time I felt a sense of exploration in the Halo 4 campaign was the very first playthrough. Though even then, by the time I was halfway through, I'd realised how incredibly linear everything was.

There is also a huge lack of variety in terms of the manners in which to accomplish certain tasks. After more than ten years of playing CE, I'm still able to devise new approaches that are effective for completing certain objectives. Whether it be an unusual entry point to a battle, a somewhat obscure weapon selection, etc. it's still possible to experience something slightly different every time.

After just two months of playing the Halo 4 campaign (and fairly infrequently at that), I'm already bored with the linearity and comprehensive lack of optional strategies.

Alright, question 2 is for the Halo 4 Vote poster and ONI patch!

Fill in the blanks: "___________ humiliated ____________ during a Halo 2 MLG game by using dual _____________ to kill him on Sanctuary."

"Stalker humiliated Juices during a Halo 2 MLG game by using dual spikers to kill him on Sanctuary

TheOddOne

They can keep their setpieces, keep some of the more linear segments, but still have plenty of room for those big open fights that Halo is known for. Then add some segments of no combat, just story driven segments not told in cutscenes. Foster exploration.
I feel that they should embrace the Metroid based exploration. Not everything needs to full blown big budget CGI storytelling, but some nice smaller scale stories (via text or even audio) that are scattered around open spaces would be cool.

heckfu

Banned
Ok since Tashi ruined it for everyone and poison isn't answering i'm making up my own question for the poster and oni patch.

This player performed a panenka kick in the 2006 world cup during a penalty shot, but he will be remembered for his actions against Marco Materazzi most.

Name the player and the ensuing chart-topping song in France that was made about him and the incident that gave him a red card.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ok since Tashi ruined it for everyone and poison isn't answering i'm making up my own question for the poster and oni patch.

This player performed a panenka kick in the 2006 world cup during a penalty shot, but he will be remembered for his actions against Marco Materazzi most.

Name the player and the ensuing chart-topping song in France that was made about him and the incident that gave him a red card.

Coup de Boule

Headbutted a guy after a verbal altercation
Zinedine Zidane

google don't fail me now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom