• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played some solo ODST firefight for the last two or so hours and its the most fun I've had on halo in months.

Made it 2/3rds through my second set on heroic. Probably the furthest Ive gotten without using the chopper/lost platoon combo.

Nebula

Tried playing Halo 3 last night and it was near impossible. BTB wasn't matching me with anyone so I tried Social Slayer. Got 2 games against parties of 5. Beat the party of 50s and then lost to a bunch of gold bars under level 30 with like 2k exp in Social Slayer. Had a few games where there were no parties but the teams ended up being horribly unbalanced and AR starts.

Tried BTB and got a game against a party of 7 who objective held for a bit until I went on a frenzy in the Chopper. We got a cap, which led them to cap the last flag and win. Pretty sucky since that game took 10 minutes to get in to.

Weekends only for Halo 3 I guess if you want some BTB action. Not too bad but it sucks that I can't come home from work and slap Halo 3 in the Xbox.

Tried playing Halo 3 last night and it was near impossible. BTB wasn't matching me with anyone so I tried Social Slayer. Got 2 games against parties of 5. Beat the party of 50s and then lost to a bunch of gold bars under level 30 with like 2k exp in Social Slayer. Had a few games where there were no parties but the teams ended up being horribly unbalanced and AR starts.

Tried BTB and got a game against a party of 7 who objective held for a bit until I went on a frenzy in the Chopper. We got a cap, which led them to cap the last flag and win. Pretty sucky since that game took 10 minutes to get in to.

Weekends only for Halo 3 I guess if you want some BTB action. Not too bad but it sucks that I can't come home from work and slap Halo 3 in the Xbox.

If only they would consolidate the playlists and remove trash like duels and rockets from slayer...

Mix

If only they would consolidate the playlists and remove trash like duels and rockets from slayer...
This would fix so many problems. At this point in Halo 2's lifespan there was only like 6 playlists and anyone could hop on and tear the shit out of some scrubs at any time anyone wanted.

Raad

Banned
2Yuoymwl.jpg

Oh somebody kill me please,
I'm on my knees,
kill me.

I want to die.
Put a bullet in my head.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
playlist count from a time when North America is just waking up and Europe is at work. Still low as hell though.

In other news, IT'S STILL SNOWING HERE. Though it's supposed to be in the 60's all next week. Dumb nature.

IHaveIce

Banned
They should change the order in which the playlists appear.

Or base it on your favorite list and you can make the order.

Throwdown should be in the top 3

edit: The numbers are different for me, still low but not that bad

willow ve

They should consolidate Halo 4 playlists while we're in the subject.

Infinity Slayer
BTB (mix of slayer, infinity, CTF)
Team Throwdown
Team Snipers
SWAT
Dominion (could throw this in BTB)
Team Objective
Rumble Pit

Weekly Double XP Rotation (Grifball, Flood, Multiteam, Regicide, Fiesta)

I was looking at that gif thinking f funny ways I could crop it or whatever. Just came to the sad realisation that I spent far too long watching that gif.

Infinity Slayer
Team Throwdown
Team Snipers
SWAT
Team Objective
Rumble Pit

As soon as you start taking away doubles, multiteam, flood, grifball that playlist's community will start bitching.

^^Which map is that? Or is that in customs?

Edit: yeah has to be, no infinity

It was a custom map. We played 2-3 custom games last night for a bit.

Our calltags weren't ever showing up and it was a bit of a cluster at the beginning but it was alright.

EDIT: I think is was exwife's map or he had it. It was a fun one to play.

It was a custom map. We played 2-3 custom games last night for a bit.

Our calltags weren't ever showing up and it was a bit of a cluster at the beginning but it was alright.

EDIT: I think is was exwife's map or he had it. It was a fun one to play.

I didn't make it. I think it was Lord Zedd. It was a map modded to use more than the item limit on Forge Island. I liked it because it played like an actual Halo map and it used some neat tricks for its aesthetics. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me right now (too early).

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I didn't make it. I think it was Lord Zedd. It was a map modded to use more than the item limit on Forge Island. I liked it because it played like an actual Halo map and it used some neat tricks for its aesthetics. Can remember the name of it for the life of me right now (too early).
I don't think Lord Zedd Forges maps, only makes over limits canvas for people to Forge with.
This may be a long shot, but was it lordcrusnik1986? I know he makes a lot of maps using Lord Zedd's canvases.

I don't think Lord Zedd Forges maps, only makes over limits canvas for people to Forge with.

Oh - In either case, his gamertag was listed as the author. My bad if that's the case.

This may be a long shot, but was it lordcrusnik1986? I know he makes a lot of maps using Lord Zedd's canvases.

Name doesn't look familiar. Zedd's was the only one listed on the file.

squidhands said:
RIP Jeff Hanneman. Hopefully he and Dimebag Darrell are drinking and shredding together now.

Yeah, sad news. I'm posting Slayer stuff on Twitter throughout the day as a tribute of sorts. Guy was/is a legend. Listening to the discography on my Zune today at work. Probably be my most productive day ever.

Inb4mastrbiggySlayerjoke

I didn't make it. I think it was Lord Zedd. It was a map modded to use more than the item limit on Forge Island. I liked it because it played like an actual Halo map and it used some neat tricks for its aesthetics. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me right now (too early).
Those modded maps are pretty sweet. There's one of nothing but a shitload of rocks and trees up in the sky (that may be the one that particular map is based off of.

Item limits can go to hell.

----------------------------------------------------------

RIP Jeff Hanneman. I think I'll listen to Reign in Blood to celebrate his life.

Mix

I was just on good old HaloGaf.com and I am so surprised at how many people USED to regular this thread who are no longer among us. It is a sad revelation to say the least...

I am getting off of work at 2am central time, anyone gonna be on?

Reposting. I plan to do the giveaway tomorrow before 12PM PDT (NorCal time).

This weekend I will be giving away some stuff on here! I figure that will be the best time for everyone. I will be asking 3 trivia questions and first responders get their prizes. U.S. only.

First will be this collection of Halo 3 magazines.
3 unopened EGM Halo 3 prelaunch mags
1 unopened Xbox mag (top)
1 opened first Halo 3 EGM mag (bottom)

Next is this Halo 3 portal poster (no frame)

Last is this vote Halo 4 poster with an ONI patch (might include frame)

Oh and I'm trashing those cups I looked inside them and yuck.

Ghazi

I was just on good old HaloGaf.com and I am so surprised at how many people USED to regular this thread who are no longer among us. It is a sad revelation to say the least...

I am getting off of work at 2am central time, anyone gonna be on?
How late are you going to be on? I've got a soccer game tonight.

IHaveIce

Banned
Reposting. I plan to do the giveaway tomorrow before 12PM PDT (NorCal time).

This weekend I will be giving away some stuff on here! I figure that will be the best time for everyone. I will be asking 3 trivia questions and first responders get their prizes. U.S. only.

First will be this collection of Halo 3 magazines.
3 unopened EGM Halo 3 prelaunch mags
1 unopened Xbox mag (top)
1 opened first Halo 3 EGM mag (bottom)

Next is this Halo 3 portal poster (no frame)

Last is this vote Halo 4 poster with an ONI patch (might include frame)

Oh and I'm trashing those cups I looked inside them and yuck.

damn US only :( dat posters

Computer

Team Slayer
Infinity Slayer
Team Throwdown
Team Snipers
SWAT
Team Objective
Rumble Pit

Fixed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom