• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted in a while, and have random things in my multi-quote que.. I was gonna a delete them, but why not reply.

Finished the design for the Combiner!

2OGpaSI.png

It replaces the Needler and the Shotgun.

7 shots to kill. It's semi-automatic rather than automatic, though. You can fire it nearly as fast as you can pull the trigger, just like the Plasma Pistol. Homing function remains. Six huge needles form a big "crest" on the front of the gun that go partway into the front of the rifle when you shoot. Charging a shot will spend the entire clip and all the needles in the front of the gun, but it shoots out the entire clip's thing of needles at once, resulting in a shotgun-like blast with roughly a third of the potential range of a single shot. Obviously has a high rate of damage. It only takes 7 needles to kill charged, though, so if you sweep-shoot you can potentially blow up more than one person per shot (18 needles per clip).

That angled thing right behind the needles is an entire Needler clip, for scale. When you reload a little conveyor-belt style thing pushes the cluster into the front of the gun, at which point the needler compound works like play-doh, squeezing out of the six holes of the crest and then cooling/hardening into their usual shape.

640px-Needlers_and_Ammo.jpg

Rather than run on blamite like the Needler and Needle Rifle, it runs on "blamethyst," a way colder compound that accordingly affects the sounds (which sound more crisp and icy now) and the steam/particles visible.

That thing looks cool, but it also looks like a spiky penis.

Now that is awesome.. I would kill for a game mode in a future Halo title that gives access to vehicles like that. SW Battlefront had awesome space battles that you could board enemy ships...something like that + Invasion 2.0 + Dominion 2.0 would be pretty cool.

Thanks. That space looks pretty interesting. I'm on a Forerunner architecture hunt and that popped up.

view

OMG I think I just had an orgasm. THIS NEEDS TO BE A MAP

Ummm thats amazing looking. Halo needs more amazing looking locales.

Dayum that's a good lookin hunk of plastic.

44794_358313580955659_1360063802_n.jpg

Full gallery.

So sexy, but why didn't they start with MC? I want to get one, but I'm gonna hold out I think..

This is fun.

Holy shit!

24636_581906995167657_1465291424_n.jpg

Wtf, is that to scale when its held by a Knight or something?

With the exception of the big toe nails I love how this looks

Sangheili_Warrior_Final.png

Yeah, I like the design, but I miss the athletic looking elites from Halo 1 and 2. I especially miss honor guards.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Random question: If I rent something from Redbox, can I return it to any kiosk, even if the kiosk I return it to doesn't have that item in stock?

I go home for the semester next week; wanting to use a bunch of free game rentals on the kiosk here because the one at home doesn't have anything good.

Mix

Random question: If I rent something from Redbox, can I return it to any kiosk, even if the kiosk I return it to doesn't have that item in stock?

I go home for the semester next week; wanting to use a bunch of free game rentals on the kiosk here because the one at home doesn't have anything good.
Yes, you should be able to return it to any one man

willow ve

I thought JIP was made more strict. Haven't started a single game tonight where it wasn't already 1 - 1 or worse in CTF. Thanks Obama.

Booshka

Once you get a taste of that 343 cock, it's hard to let it go.

Well who would want to miss out on the rare opportunity to talk to Frankie? He might refer a post or twitter of yours to bsangel so you become famous to a bunch of Waypoint kids, thus continuing the cycle.

Well who would want to miss out on the rare opportunity to talk to Frankie? He might refer a post or twitter of yours to bsangel so you become famous to a bunch of Waypoint kids, thus continuing the cycle.

I for one totally joined to talk with stinkles. When he said one of my musical rants was god-tier, it cured my ED!

Ramirez

Is this like a shot at me promoting CF awareness? I can't tell.

Booshka

Is this like a shot at me promoting CF awareness? I can't tell.

No, please don't take it that way.

I'm an asshole, but I'm not an insensitive idiot. I only jest related to video game stuff; I hope the best for your child and mean no ill will.

Please keep this in mind for the future, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ramirez

No, please don't take it that way.

I'm an asshole, but I'm not an insensitive idiot. I only jest related to video game stuff; I hope the best for your child and mean no ill will.

Please keep this in mind for the future, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh, I didn't. We're cool!

So I made several Tron gifs and thought some of them would be cool as part of the Prometheans:

prometheanentrance.gif

This also reminds me of the Halo 4 Prologue

XziicA4.gif

In.

Promethean Warriors could be the more agile enemies
(think more cunning than the H1/Reach Elites)
than the Knights were and could drop in from anywhere. This could also add a new dynamic to combat encounters, similar to Jet Pack Elites/Brutes jumping in from a hidden-from-sight part of the level.

343 should try creating a fully realized Firefight mode that allows players to create their own encounters for others to play. Imagine being able to set drop points for Promethean Warriors kind of like Ordnance Drops? I don't know.. could be kinda cool.

promjet.gif

Fighting Banshees with this thing?

prometheangroup.gif

Ahh, Promethean vehicles.

Transforming vehicles could have preset animations, so instead of climbing into a Warthog the Spartan model will jump as the vehicle forms around him.

OT but RIP Rare.

reggie

Banned
Any way to try and force host coop in 3/ODST/Reach? Playing through with a mate and would prefer he be host, I'm happy to take the button lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom