• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned

Fuchsdh

Lets say that the next box can handle some crazy shit a far as field of view and handling a large area without having to load too often (ala skyrim, and other things)
How would everyone feel if Halo 5 ha an open world aspect to it's campaign? Let's say the engine can handle a level the size of a planet and it opens up more as you progress similar to ODST and opens up entirely after the first playthrough. I would enjoy to see this, how about the rest of HG?

No open world. ODST is still pretty linear in terms of objectives, it just lets you choose your own path. Large environments? Sure.

Mix

No open world. ODST is still pretty linear in terms of objectives, it just lets you choose your own path. Large environments? Sure.
Yeah, I'd prefer larger explorable environments. Things like the level Halo
Also, did you ever send the ONI patch?

I've been using it in Multi Team lately. GAF customs too. It's definitely a good choice up close; I mix it up with between it and the AR a lot on small maps.

The BR's been feeling really weak for me lately. Definitely looking forward to the buff. Been rocking the Lightrifle and DMR in the meantime. I neglected the LR up until a few days ago, and I regret it. Dat 4sk when scoped.

something is wrong when the DMR is starting to beat the AR in close range.

EDIT:

oh BTW, Happy housebuilder day!!!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
belladonna, plywood, vibrators
ehXSNy9.gif

BigShow36

something is wrong when the DMR is starting to beat the AR in close range.

I would say there's nothing wrong with that situation, with some caveats. The DMR should beat the AR at any range assuming every shot lands and it ends with a headshot, since it theoretically is a more skillful weapon to use. If the game was balanced properly, the DMR would be much more difficult to use in general while the AR, by it's very nature, would be much easier to weild up close. However, due to the excessive aim assists on the DMR and slow strafe speed currently in Halo 4, it's too easy to use at every range, so the balance is all wonky.

Mix

I would say there's nothing wrong with that situation, with some caveats. The DMR should beat the AR at any range assuming every shot lands and it ends with a headshot, since it theoretically is a more skillful weapon to use. If the game was balanced properly, the DMR would be much more difficult to use in general while the AR, by it's very nature, would be much easier to weild up close. However, due to the excessive aim assists on the DMR and slow strafe speed currently in Halo 4, it's too easy to use at every range, so the balance is all wonky.
I feel the same way about it. If the game was hard balanced it would be so that one weapon could beat any other at its set range, regardless of it's cousins being used in counter.

Followed every HaloGAF users on Twitter that I wasn't following yet, that shared their accounts on this page.

Twitter is awesome, only social networking site I like. Facebook and Instagram are just yucky.

Yes, but the AR was able drain the shields faster than the DMR but now it feels like the DMR drain shields faster than the AR, reload and do the final blow while the AR user is still trying to deplete the enemy shields.

gAg CruSh3r

Followed every HaloGAF users on Twitter that I wasn't following yet, that shared their accounts on this page.

Twitter is awesome, only social networking site I like. Facebook and Instagram are just yucky.

This is how I feel. Twitter is to follow random people,celebrities,companies, and ext. Facebook is more for Friends and Family. Instagram is garbage haha..

This is how I feel. Twitter is to follow random people,celebrities,companies, and ext. Facebook is more for Friends and Family. Instagram is garbage haha..

Twitter is best for interacting and making friends with random people/Internet bros. Plus it's easier to get noticed by celebrities and get a response than on Facebook
unless that celebrity is u4ix, in that case you get ignored :p Haha, just joking u4ix

Mix

HEY. I'm on Instagram. Follow me at @thatdirector
pathetic plug
Facebook is really cool for stalking people, or finding that one girl you thought was kinda hot and made out with at a party.
This is true... And kind of depressing if that is what you're doing with your free time...

Pop

Why would you want to follow regular scrubs on twitter. Twitters for famous people and drama teens.

Tawpgun

I only use twitter for gaming/Internet things I think I have like 3 irl friends followed/following me

Twitter sucks for actual social interactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom