• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read every single post in HaloGAF since OT9. This place used to crack me up, provide me with insight on the game, and was just in general a great hangout. Yea it's gotten more negative since the game's released (and I've certainly contributed) - but what Halo forum isn't? I run my own on B.net and it's the same story. People want to express what they're passionate about, and right now it's the state of Halo.

I get that I post a lot, I get that I say controversial things, but this is the only Halo community I've been interested in for years. Joking around is fun and all but I don't have anyone here "muted" because it's stupid. Halo is a sinking ship and its real issues are being ignored. If the Halo community wants to start ignoring each other too then go right ahead. Whether Halo 5 ends up being good or not wont split the community apart if they're already split.

I've read every single post in HaloGAF since OT9. This place used to crack me up, provide me with insight on the game, and was just in general a great hangout. Yea it's gotten more negative since the game's released (and I've certainly contributed) - but what Halo forum? I run my own on B.net and it's the same story.

I get that I post a lot, I get that I say controversial things, but this is the only Halo community I've been interested in for years. Joking around is fun and all but I don't have anyone here "muted" because it's stupid. Halo is a sinking ship and its real issues are being ignored. If the Halo community wants to start ignoring each other too then go right ahead. Whether Halo 5 ends up being good or not wont split the community apart if they're already split.

Having conflicting and sometimes controversial, varying opinions = not bad

Editing derogatory slurs into your post to further fruitless points you're making = bad

Talents

Banned
Halo 3 is soooooo damn good. I even <3 Snowbound.

tumblr_m7zyd62u781r8cvzdo1_400.gif

Having conflicting and sometimes controversial, varying opinions = not bad

Editing derogatory slurs into your post to further fruitless points you're making = bad

I posted my preview before I could clarify and I unfortunately woke up to some terrible news, so I'm a bit distressed. I edited the word out.

so for like 4 months now?

Not sure if directed at me, but OT9 was posted in September. That doesn't imply I didn't know about HaloGAF before that.

EDIT: I see where the misunderstanding was. I meant that sometime after Reach, Halo communities have been on the decline, and seeing and reading this one back then caught my interest. My join date is during OT9.

Karl2177

Are people still seriously going on about this? Is it really that big of a deal who I choose to skim over?

Iron Man 3 was good. Its got problems but I enjoyed it for what it was. I hope its the weakest of Phase 2 because if so Phase 2 is going to be awesome. I have decent expectations for Thor 2, Mediocre exceptions for Cap 'Merica 2 and Low expectations for Guardians of The Galaxy

Ghazi

Iron Man 3 was good. Its got problems but I enjoyed it for what it was. I hope its the weakest of Phase 2 because if so Phase 2 is going to be awesome. I have decent expectations for Thor 2, Mediocre exceptions for Cap 'Merica 2 and Low expectations for Guardians of The Galaxy

Wait, when was this announced?

Forever ago

Whoops, must've missed it then. Generally I'd be on top of things like this, but I suppose not this time.

For some of the best maps that people remember, what was it about those maps that 'worked' where as future iterations of the gameplay then break those maps?

I've seen and can somewhat understand the DMR or light rifle rendering large open areas of the maps unusable (or at least really bad idea to run out aimlessly, but not sure when that approach ever works out well). But then you see a map like skyline, which is pretty small but seems to work with sprint. I recall when halo 3 came out a lot of hate directed toward guardian and the pit, but now they seem to be favorites. My complaint about some new maps is they sometimes feel random without easily identifiable areas. In Reach some of them felt too large, which is why for me squad slayer seemed perfect, seemed to fit the maps better.

It almost sounds like sometime people are essentially saying that with the current gameplay that exists there is no way to actually make a 'good' map, which is something I don't think I can agree with, so really curious what people think makes a map good.

Well said, 100% agree.

Pit sucks. Only worth playing in MLG.

Guardian sucks. Again, only worth playing in MLG and Oddball. Hello - 1 BR, 1 Carbine, an OS that one team is handed and a bunch of dumb peek-shoot gameplay.

Blood Gulch sucks. Only worked because of the pistol.

Why praise overrated/mediocre maps? They haven't been good in years. Halo as a whole maybe has under a dozen good maps - most of which are found in CE and Halo 2.

ZUHCPSk.gif

Anyone going to play 3/Reach/ODST/4 tonight?

I'm up for whatever.

I've got a fresh bag of doritos and 6 mountain dews left and a bunch of grape juice and I'm ready to rock.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've read every single post in HaloGAF since OT9. This place used to crack me up, provide me with insight on the game, and was just in general a great hangout. Yea it's gotten more negative since the game's released (and I've certainly contributed) - but what Halo forum isn't? I run my own on B.net and it's the same story. People want to express what they're passionate about, and right now it's the state of Halo.

Wait, who are you again?

Fracas

#fuckonami

gnyJoOl.gif

heckfu

Banned
Watching the BTBnet finals on Twitch and I just watched an entire match from Gamesagers perspective in a banshee on Longbow.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom