• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not buying that prequel shit

edit: Just to clarify. Not buying it as in, I don't believe it's true.

Ghazi

Kittens, Fubar, and I are on BF3 now if you have it

Nice! I do have it and it's the Premium edition (Thank you Black Friday sales). I'll try to make it home at 10 to get on, but if I don't make it I don't think I'll get on.

edit: Prequel? Why!? Unless it has lots of Spartan II's it'll probably suck!

"Xbox 360 SOC (True. MS will be pushing this HEAVILY as Sony dont have it. One of the key messages on May 21 will be that your entire library is coming with you to next gen. The kicker though? Durango upscales 360 games to 1080p output. Again this is one of the few areas MS can claim a lead over Sony and they will push this a lot)"

I guess he means uprezzes, as the 360 already upscales to 1080p. Would be cool if true, but I doubt it. Though I think BC is an area Microsoft can capitalize against Sony.

Fotos

If anyone wants to play some Reach just message me. GT: Foxtrot H4

EDIT: Just remembered how fucking horrible this game is. Going back to Halo 4.

Madness

I'd rather not repeat it, so infer from Heckipoo's comment.

Might as well say what you heard so we all know then.

Edit: unrelated note, just had the best match of rock n rail on Ragnarok. So fun, especially against a quality team.

Also how do you get the hijack achievement in castle? I've hijacked a Warthog, banshee etc. I think ghost too. And yet it didn't unlock, why? Does the emp affect have to be active when you board or no?

kylej

Banned
Gamesager making racist comments? I'm not sure one can consider themselves part of the Master Race if they're unemployed and look like an 8 year old girl.

mq1.jpg

Tawpgun

I for one welcome a grittier, more tactical squad based spartan shooter game. Keep the Arena Halo's on a 2/3 year cycle, and have some more interesting halo projects in between. Outsource them, they're good at that anyway.

When Reach was first teased, especially when it showed the silhouettes of Noble, I thought it was gonna be a big departure from Halo 1-3. Something similar to Ghost Recon Halo, but with Spartan Abilities. What we got was a some bad gameplay mechanics tacked onto Halo's core.

kylej

Banned
If Gamesager were born in the time of the vikings, he's one of those kids who would've been looked at and thrown over a waterfall 5 minutes out of the womb.

heckfu

Banned
Regardless of gamesager, nice to see btbnet have a successful tourney. I imagine it's hard as shit to run something like that.

Ghazi

Regardless of gamesager, nice to see btbnet have a successful tourney. I imagine it's hard as shit to run something like that.

It was an online tourney right? All they needed to do was keep a bracket, invite the people in the playing slot/set, and play the matches through the bracket to the end right? GB does stuff where the players themselves are randomly matched up against people on the GB website and then it's the players' job to set the game up themselves. Nothing to it really.

heckfu

Banned
It was an online tourney right? All they needed to do was keep a bracket, invite the people in the playing slot/set, and play the matches through the bracket to the end right? GB does stuff where the players themselves are randomly matched up against people on the GB website and then it's the players' job to set the game up themselves. Nothing to it really.

Getting 16 people online at the same time would be a chore, bro. We had a 2v2 tourney this summer that was literally miserable it was so difficult to schedule everyone.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Getting 16 people online at the same time would be a chore, bro. We had a 2v2 tourney this summer that was literally miserable it was so difficult to schedule everyone.

Yea that was tough. Might be worth trying again after the global weapon rebalance. We can really make some sick gametypes then.

Nowise10

In addition to being a cheater at the Halo 4 tournament for the truck, he's also a racist.

themoreyouknow

He also used to black screen in Reach to get the banshee to spawn.

He also pirated Halo 4 when it got leaked and posted videos of the game for publicity.

Battlefield with the HaloGaf bros was pretty fun. Sadly we didn't get to go hoggin in any vehicles. Oh well. There's always next time.

Oh, and I just saw a video on another forum of a shootout with a guy climbing out of his car and shooting at the police car that pulled him over before he got shot like 10 times. Insane.

willow ve

Active Camo has got to go. So frustrating to play against.

Also - these leaks are looking less and less favorable toward Xbox being the console to purchase next gen. Let's hope May 21 proves the rumours wrong.

I for one welcome a grittier, more tactical squad based spartan shooter game. Keep the Arena Halo's on a 2/3 year cycle, and have some more interesting halo projects in between. Outsource them, they're good at that anyway.

They don't make any Arena style Halo games anymore. Ever.

Madness

Battlefield with the HaloGaf bros was pretty fun. Sadly we didn't get to go hoggin in any vehicles. Oh well. There's always next time.

Oh, and I just saw a video on another forum of a shootout with a guy climbing out of his car and shooting at the police car that pulled him over before he got shot like 10 times. Insane.

The guy who used the AK47 on them? I agree. Those cops were brave. All I heard was that they were wounded but were otherwise safe.

Madness

The female police officer got her pinkie shot off, but as far as I know they were otherwise fine.

Yeah, just saw it again on YouTube. It's too graphical to post here because it's basically a suicide by cop since he's screaming he wants them to kill him and they do.

Happened in Ohio. How the heck do these nutbars get assault rifles? I don't understand.

One of the most confusing aspects of Halo 4 for me is, who honestly thought that stats page on Waypoint was a good idea? It's impossible to navigate and read.

Yeah, just saw it again on YouTube. It's too graphical to post here because it's basically a suicide by cop since he's screaming he wants them to kill him and they do.

Happened in Ohio. How the heck do these nutbars get assault rifles? I don't understand.

Because more restrictions and regulations need to be created and enforced.

And I say this as a guy who between myself, my father, and grandfather, we have two AR15s and three AK-style rifles, along with ~15-20 other firearms including rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

One of the most confusing aspects of Halo 4 for me is, who honestly thought that stats page on Waypoint was a good idea? It's impossible to navigate and read.

I was curious so I went to waypoint to see what I could find. Jack shit. It froze and I got an error.

Fuchsdh

So like Star Wars: Republic Commando with a Halo spin to it? I'd pre-order now.

Squad-based combat would be an opportunity to truly nail Spartans as characters (of course you've got to get the AI down, otherwise it all falls apart.)

I wonder if the always-on rumors have been caused by the game devs assuming that it would carry over from the dev kits? Because always on kits makes a whole lot of sense if you're trying to stop leakers.

I'm excited for May 21. So much reckoning for so many rumors, good or bad, it's bound to be fun.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Squad-based combat would be an opportunity to truly nail Spartans as characters (of course you've got to get the AI down, otherwise it all falls apart.)

I wonder if the always-on rumors have been caused by the game devs assuming that it would carry over from the dev kits? Because always on kits makes a whole lot of sense if you're trying to stop leakers.

I'm excited for May 21. So much reckoning for so many rumors, good or bad, it's bound to be fun.

I hope Microsoft doesn't disappoint. A lot of the rumours we've been getting aren't that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom