• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

Getting 16 people online at the same time would be a chore, bro. We had a 2v2 tourney this summer that was literally miserable it was so difficult to schedule everyone.
Sure, if it was on the organizer to do all that then I could see it being hard. But it's up to the team/their leader to this. They just get in a party together before their time to play and when the organizer is ready for them he/she invites them to the custom lobby. It's rather simple when it's the responsibility of those who it matters to, if they fail to make it work it's not the organizer's fault. That's how competitions work or should be working right?
Happened in Ohio. How the heck do these nutbars get assault rifles? I don't understand.
In Tennessee it's easy, it doesn't surprise me at all that their able to get general rifles. But the fact that it was an AK is a bit worrying because there should be more in place to prevent them from getting such things. I don't know the gun laws in Ohio so I'm not sure if they're even legal/readily available for purchase there.
More insane: Syria got bombed and it was no joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_j8ID-m1pU

Fuck, I've been to Qasion Mountains before as a kid too :(
This shit is just terrible, no one should have to deal with this.

I'd love for a Halo ecosystem, but the problem is other parts of the game are always going to take precedence over figuring out pathing, etc.

True, no doubt other things come first. But a little more variety with enemies would have been nice, and a little extra ambiance doesn't hurt.

There are only two on the Infinity and Requiem have birds,fungus and sentinels, you can see some forerunners areas were starting to deteriorate without the care of the huragok.

Did Bungie explained if the Halos could had big animals and insects in the Halos ecosystem?

True, but as the game went on I felt like the world could have felt more alive. A lot of those things were too subtle. And really, I thought there were more than two on Infinity?

Uhhhh Avalanche??

A map like Avalanche would be cool with Halo 4.

I miss the Chopper and Hornet/Falcon. =(

I don't think this has been posted.

Another prequel?
http://pastebin.com/WYBaRtE3

Here's another link
http://pastebin.com/CiKCVeiA

While the idea does sound cool, I doubt its true.

True, but as the game went on I felt like the world could have felt more alive. A lot of those things were too subtle. And really, I thought there were more than two on Infinity?

The UNSC doesnt want to make the same mistake as the covenant to be too dependable of them because the Huragok didnt make logs o make records of their modifications for later use, they just used them for specific parts of the ship like the command center,slipspace, engines and repairs.

They have more but they keep it in secret locations to avoid the Elites being aware of it.

orznge

Banned
Yeah, just saw it again on YouTube. It's too graphical to post here because it's basically a suicide by cop since he's screaming he wants them to kill him and they do.

Happened in Ohio. How the heck do these nutbars get assault rifles? I don't understand.

it's too graphical to post here because neogaf doesn't do youtube embeds

it's too graphical to post here because neogaf doesn't do youtube embeds

image.php

Mix

The Pit was great for flag, and okay for TS. Guardian was good for... oddball. I would take Citadel over either of them.
See, I fell into a bit of childish debt back when Mythic II became a map pack and I never really got to play it in MM. Was it fun?

IHaveIce

Banned
See, I fell into a bit of childish debt back when Mythic II became a map pack and I never really got to play it in MM. Was it fun?
Dude... it was midship and Citadel was also a good map for Halo 3. Of course it was fun when you got these maps.
They came way too late in Halo 3's lifeycle.

Edit: lol at the pastebin rumour. suddenly there are soooo many leaks and all are on pastebin. And so many contradict each other, let us wait for real leaks woth pics and barn vids

Duji

Heretic and Citadel are probably the best 4v4 maps in H3. Longshore, on the other hand, is a mediocre BTB map. Overall I definitely got my money's worth with Mythic II.

Wow lol. I dislike Halo 4 a lot, but just reading the line "Chief will arrive at launch" got me super excited. Awesome haha. Guess I'm still a huge Halo Fanboy. The main thing selling me to the Xbox Infinite was either Forza Motorsports 5 or Halo at launch

Hoping the games multiplayer is like it's campaign. 3 maps from each game. Hope Microsoft/343 pick the good maps from Halo CE-Halo 3.

m23

Wow lol. I dislike Halo 4 a lot, but just reading the line "Chief will arrive at launch" got me super excited. Awesome haha. Guess I'm still a huge Halo Fanboy. The main thing selling me to the Xbox Infinite was either Forza Motorsports 5 or Halo at launch

Hoping the games multiplayer is like it's campaign. 3 maps from each game. Hope Microsoft/343 pick the good maps from Halo CE-Halo 3.

Forza 5 at launch is enough for me to pick up the next system, I put in A LOT of time in Forza 3 and 4. I still play 4 sometimes. But it does look unlikely we'll see a Forza 5 this year, I'm thinking it will be PGR5 (which would also be awesome).

Fuchsdh

More insane: Syria got bombed and it was no joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_j8ID-m1pU

That's crazy. I don't see how this is good for anyone, Israeli, Syrian, or us.

Oh yeah, on that Halo prequel rumor part:

GODDAMN IT 343i ARTISTS IF YOU "RE-ENVISION" THE MARK V LIKE YOU DID THE MARK VI OR THE COVENANT....

tumblr_m8q0su3HQU1qllbnao1_500.gif

Sorry for shouting, but we've got to be clear on this.

(Although I assume the majority of the game would be Mark IV, in which case go with Halo Wars Mk IV instead of the crappy pseudo Mk VI version from the anime.)

Mix

That's crazy. I don't see how this is good for anyone, Israeli, Syrian, or us.

GODDAMN IT 343i ARTISTS IF YOU "RE-ENVISION" THE MARK V LIKE YOU DID THE MARK VI OR THE COVENANT....

(Although I assume the majority of the game would be Mark IV, in which case go with Halo Wars Mk IV instead of the crappy pseudo Mk VI version from the anime.)
On no! Please 343i don't you dare do that shit. Or at least if you do, give it to us the same as it looks in Anniversary. That is a proper reimagining.

If the prequel rumours are true, and we would play various operations chief participated in before the Halo events, wouldn't that mean the chief would be wearing mark IV armour, without energy shielding? CoD in space confirmed.

wwm0nkey

I wont believe anything just posted in pastebin. Just wait until the 21st.

Though a Borderlands like spin-off would be a good idea for in-betweens of the main entries.

Fuchsdh

If the prequel rumours are true, and we would play various operations chief participated in before the Halo events, wouldn't that mean the chief would be wearing mark IV armour, without energy shielding? CoD in space confirmed.

Hadn't even thought about the lack of shielding. I assume they would reuse ODST's stamina mechanic? Essentially a really weak shield, plus health packs? Worked well enough and if you're really committed to a squad shooter I think tactics would be more important anyhow.

The other question that makes me wonder about is whether we'd fight insurrectionists, maybe just as like an opening mission or for a chunk of the campaign.

Canon would likely be stretched/bent to suit the gameplay.

And yeah, the pastebin stuff just makes for non serious chatter. Even if it does line up with Dani's staunch belief of a Halo title this fall.

Mix

Hadn't even thought about the lack of shielding. I assume they would reuse ODST's stamina mechanic? Essentially a really weak shield, plus health packs? Worked well enough and if you're really committed to a squad shooter I think tactics would be more important anyhow.

The other question that makes me wonder about is whether we'd fight insurrectionists, maybe just as like an opening mission or for a chunk of the campaign.
I think that the ODST stamina is probably how they'd do it.
I also don't know if we would fight insurrectionists, we've never fought humans in a halo game so it would be a big deal.

833ec_ORIG-skeptical_gif.gif

Shit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom