• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, why are we hating on Halo 3 :(

We have bigger enemies to hate.
Like Halo 4

Never once while playing Halo 3 in 2007 did I think "Wow this Net coding is trash! Screw this BR. The Net Coding felt good to me for the time_ and and the BR felt good as well.

Tunavi

Banned

Like Halo 4

Never once while playing Halo 3 in 2007 did I think "Wow this Net coding is trash! Screw this BR. The Net Coding felt good to me for the time_ and and the BR felt good as well.
because you're 10 and blinded by nostalgia

True, I ripped on Halo 3 all day in those threads. Especially about the super slow frame rate and molasses stuff.

We were just as negative back then as we were today for all you noobies.

Booties

Banned
Kyle, I'll move up there for the summer and we can train on your MLG mainstage replica. I'll shut myself off from the outside world like those hardcore runners who go to the mountains for months at a time to train undisturbed.

Gui_PT

If Halo 3 had faster movement and BR starts and no spread and hitscan and Reach's netcode and good maps and no equipment, I'd play it.

We'd all play it, I think.

No son. Netcode has always been crap. and the BR feels like you're shooting bubbles of soap.

because you're 10 and blinded by nostalgia
I'll give you the 10 part but not the nostalgia part. :mad:

I can see how Halo 3 is hard to get back into in 2013, but from 2007-2009 it felt pretty quality. Honestly, before Reach came out, I hadn't felt a Halo game with good Net Coding, so Halo 3 felt fine for me.

Halo 3 had slow frame rate? Jesus I really do need to take off my nostalgia glasses it seems. I never noticed slow framerate.

Like Halo 4

lol Come on, weren't you like 10 when Halo 3 came out? I usually don't mind people giving their opinions on things they know nothing about, but this? Just doesn't feel right..

If Halo 4 made a few simple changes (like equal-er starts, Powerups on map, etc.) it would be unquestionably better than Halo 3.

True, I ripped on Halo 3 all day in those threads. Especially about the super slow frame rate and molasses stuff.

We were just as negative back then as we were today for all you noobies.

Yeah, said this the other day. Reading through that Halo 3 thread is why I called people drama queens for overreacting about this place falling apart lol

-EDIT-

No son. Netcode has always been crap. and the BR feels like you're shooting bubbles of soap.

Your finest post.

lol Come on, weren't you like 10 when Halo 3 came out? I usually don't mind people giving their opinions on things they know nothing about, but this? Just doesn't feel right..

If Halo 4 made a few simple changes (like equal-er starts, Powerups on map, etc.) it would be unquestionably better than Halo 3.

Yeah, said this the other day. Reading through that Halo 3 thread is why I called people drama queens for overreacting about this place falling apart lol
Halo 3 came out 2 days before my 11th Birthday. So yeah, I was 10 and 363 days when Halo 3 came out.

And there was a Shishka reference probably every page to a wrong map in a playlist or for other terrible choices made.

The dude took a month to get a fusion coil out of Valhalla. Progress!

Gui_PT

Halo 3 came out 2 days before my 11th Birthday. So yeah, I was 10 and 363 days when Halo 3 came out.

W5fdS.gif

Tawpgun

Please, in Halo 3's reign it was a godly game. It was only until Reach's hitscan and netcode showed us the light of how bad Halo 3 really was.

But for its time, pretty ace.

Gui_PT

Why do we like Halo again?

Masterchef is a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Seriously now, always had a blast playing Halo games with fellow GAFfers. But then Reach came and just couldn't have fun at all.

Now Halo 4 is here and there's no one to play with.

Still remember back in the H3 days when there would be too many people to jump into MM with.

Mix

Halo 3, as much as I do enjoy it (more than Reach and 4) it wasn't a great game. Net code and bullet time BR made for two of Bungie's worst mistakes with the game. I have strong nostalgia towards it, I played it almost every single day from 2007-2009 but that doesn't mean I thin it was god-tier. It had at problems, just like every game does. I think we can all agree that it is superior to both Reach and 4. I all do think faster movement, hitscan BR, faster strafing, and a couple of other things would make Halo 5 king of the franchise.

Onikaan

I'll give you the 10 part but not the nostalgia part. :mad:

I can see how Halo 3 is hard to get back into in 2013, but from 2007-2009 it felt pretty quality. Honestly, before Reach came out, I hadn't felt a Halo game with good Net Coding, so Halo 3 felt fine for me.

Halo 3 had slow frame rate? Jesus I really do need to take off my nostalgia glasses it seems. I never noticed slow framerate.

Well, mark yourself as one of the blessed that could enjoy Halo 3 through ignorance (is bliss). Not that it was your fault, ofcourse.

If you had been older it's likely you would have played Halo 2 online first, and known its majesty.

The guys here have me laughing at there descriptions of the netcode, coming from over indulging in Halo 2, it really did feel like you were in space firing soap bubbles from a potato gun.

Madness

Netcode and BR spread were always poor but you overlooked it because you didn't have much else to compare it to or play anything else.

I played Halo 3 with my friends up until the launch of Reach, now, even though I miss some of the maps and gametypes it's just hard to get into, and those things became a glaring issue.

GG's everyone. Most fun I've had on Halo MP in months.

And thanks Cocop, for joining us for a lot of games, was great. You haven't given up on Halogaf yet!

Ramirez

Then you went back to halo 2 and realized how fucking huge the hit boxes were. Halo 3 was fucking awesome in its prime. The BR sucked at times, but holy shit, so much better than bloom, AAs, and all of the cheating that was rampant in 2. BTB was constant yellow bar or worse in 2, you guys are so cray sometimes.

Onikaan

Then you went back to halo 2 and realized how fucking huge the hit boxes were. Halo 3 was fucking awesome in its prime. The BR sucked at times, but holy shit, so much better than bloom, AAs, and all of the cheating that was rampant in 2. BTB was constant yellow bar or worse in 2, you guys are so cray sometimes.

Your right, it was terrible.

I just stopped trying to rank up after a while. You were either matched against a modder, or one landed in your team, then you'd quickly back out and pray Bungie didn't bring down the hammer for being on the same side.

GG's everyone. Most fun I've had on Halo MP in months.

And thanks Cocop, for joining us for a lot of games, was great. You haven't given up on Halogaf yet!

Yep, good games Bam, Bobs, Cocop, Doziz and Sotto. Easily the most fun I've had with Halo in a long time. Pit, Guardian, Narrows, Construct and Citadel, all Br starts all the time, sooooo goooood. Gaf needs to get Halo 3 customs going on the regular.

Saw this on clearance for $15 at Target, and I figured why not?

I like the Fred and MC figure, but the Kelly one is a bit strange.

The UNSC doesnt want to make the same mistake as the covenant to be too dependable of them because the Huragok didnt make logs o make records of their modifications for later use, they just used them for specific parts of the ship like the command center,slipspace, engines and repairs.

They have more but they keep it in secret locations to avoid the Elites being aware of it.

But I thought they had more than two.. weren't they 'reproducing'?

Mix

Yep, good games Bam, Bobs, Cocop, Doziz and Sotto. Easily the most fun I've had with Halo in a long time. Pit, Guardian, Narrows, Construct and Citadel, all Br starts all the time, sooooo goooood. Gaf needs to get Halo 3 customs going on the regular.
Agreed
Halo 4 should get a BR Starts playlist once the BR goes 4shot

Madness

You're Lucky enough not to get stuck in an endless circle of Lighting CTF.

This. I've stopped voting because that's all people pick now. I'll just back out if lightning flag is picked over and over. I had the best match of Rock n Rail on Ragnarok yesterday. Give me fiesta classic or rock n rail over lightning flag anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom