• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Lol then he was probably getting shit on by my and Kyle when we were raging halo addicts with direct lines of adderall into our veins.

11, not 13.

I remember staying up til 4am every night playing halo, going to sleep for like an hour, then waking up for morning classes at 8am

those were the days

Do we know whats the deal with the DLC codes coming with the series 2 toys? I assume it indicates we will get paid DLC for stuff like armor and weapon skins in Halo 4 this fall, but Im not sure.

Reach probably gave me the most late nights. I'd be grinding Reach all night til 5AM, cleansing kids left and right, making 14 year olds feel stupid. I start hearing birds chirp. Get so pissed off cause they are so annoying and I have to go to sleep. Sleep and then get to work.

heckfu

Banned
Ironically, Halo 3 impacted me negatively the most. The beta came out during finals in college and I absoLUTEly misprioritized my time. Then I ended up hating it so.

Nowise10

I remember playing Halo 3 all day everyday till 1AM.

Those were the days. I think the latest I'll play Halo:Reach and Halo 4 are 11PM.

This....sorta.

Honestly in the summer I would stay up each night just playing Custom games with people and it was the best thing ever in Halo 3.

I did the same with Reach, but it wasn't as fun (why do people think the gametype where you just fall in a hog and hope you splatter a zombie the entire time is fun???), and didnt happen often.
I don't think I've done it in Halo 4 yet.

15,000 games in Halo 3. theirs my evidence that it isn't just nostalgia

Halo 3 had some great Easter eggs, this was on Valhalla today.

vc0VPzKl.jpg

Fuchsdh

This seems wildly inconsistent with how strict your parents are. You would've literally been 10 years old.

I'm going to be the worst parent ever. The only games they're going to be allowed to play when they're young are the same games I played. RollerCoaster Tycoon, Myst, Oregon Trail II, and a bunch of mediocre Mac shareware games from the 90s.

And yea no way I'd like my 10 year old stay up 'till 1AM.

I remember playing Halo 3 until early in the morning with my Swedish doubles partner. Good times. Netcode sucked but I still had fun. I still remember they hype when I got my F&F beta invite.

Looking back I had lots of fun on reach with Kyle, Juices and Devo. Hired and Ste and the other groups when I first joined HaloGAF.

I want it back with Halo 5 but people are drifting away from the series every day and if the nextbox is as weak as we believe in comparison even less people will be ready for Halo 5.

Life fucking sucks

I'm going to be the worst parent ever. The only games they're going to be allowed to play when they're young are the same games I played. RollerCoaster Tycoon, Myst, Oregon Trail II, and a bunch of mediocre Mac shareware games from the 90s.

And yea no way I'd like my 10 year old stay up 'till 1AM.

What the hell is this and why wasn't I informed?!

IHaveIce

Banned
Damn you guys, because of you I look at my old screenshots and see all the people in them who already stopped playing after the Reach Beta :( Miss these times man.

Would be even harder if I could look at my Halo 2 account.

Madness

I remember staying up til 4am every night playing halo, going to sleep for like an hour, then waking up for morning classes at 8am

those were the days

Ditto. What's even worse is, my criminology prof was in the midnight launch line at Future Shop and we chatted the entire time, I got his gamer tag etc. I plan a few matches with him. I skipped class the next day because I played from midnight well into the next afternoon.

Halo 2 didn't affect me as much because I was in grade 12 and could come home and play, no work, nothing etc.

With Halo 3, I had to play around university, part time work, hanging with the gf etc.

Ironically enough I saw the same professor in line for Reach but we never really spoke.

This seems wildly inconsistent with how strict your parents are. You would've literally been 10 years old.

Own room. Putting on headphones and hearing game audio at a one volume through said headphones. Locking door. All Lights off with the TV Brightness way down. No talking, just playing online. If anyone would knock to check if I was asleep, I would hold still and not move till they left. I would then wake up like 6 hours later for school and sleep in the car dead tired.

I was a rebel.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I've been on HaloGAF for 5 years. I've lurked for Zero years.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I'm 28 which makes me the oldest poster on HaloGAF. I'm posting from Buffalo the worst city in America. We got chicken wings!

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a fan since Halo 2 and then I stopped being a fan during Halo 3 then I was a fan again during Reach and I'm not a fan of Halo 4. Also books, figures and novels and Halo movies and the whole Halo universe and canon are all pretty dumb and nerdy, still trying to figure out what a Halo is.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
I mostly browse Reach pics of Kat's booty.

What is your favorite playlist?
Squad Slayer - bring it back!

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I'll take my shirt off on stream for 100 Twitch tokens, pants are 500.

kylej

Banned
Own room. Putting on headphones. Locking door. All Lights off with the TV Brightness way down. No talking, just playing online. If anyone would knock to check if I was asleep, I would hold still and not move till they left.

hgs has a direct warehouse line on bobbi starr dvds. we can get crates of 100-300 for wholesale value. if you need a covert supply airdrop to keep you going through the next two years of your militant home situation send booties a PM

Fotos

Custom games have not been the same since Halo 3.

Halo 4- 145
Halo: Reach- 258
Halo 3- 1,865

I can't really tell why but it's just not fun in HR and H4.

kylej

Banned
hgs also will take mfc token donations please send ramirez a pm for those who want to donate. we are a 501c3 organization so you can declare the tokens on your taxes

Fuchsdh

Best part of it for me was this random guy who followed your caravan and whose only comment was "fine scenery in these parts".

What was stupid was that if someone died, you had to waste a day burying them, even though they gave you an option to keep going. Up popped some "you aren't going to leave him there?" message of shaming and I was always yelling at the screen "EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING TO DIE IF WE DON'T GET TO SACREMENTO".

Also, basically even if you got to Oregon or California or whatever, your kids and grandchildren were worthless dicks in the epilogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom