• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh btw hydra the one thing I totally forgot to say is that If they made a classic playlist I would totally be all over classic maps remade in forge for that - I think forge has it's time and place - I guess I also concede that halo 4 needs more 4v4 maps but man they better not make every halo 5 map btb focused like they did with halo 4 just cos they can later fall back on forge. It's lazy/ bad decisions on their part that makes forge maps a necessity and it's hardly a good thing.

I think they tried to make good maps and just didn't succeed, even though they were better than Reach's maps IMO. If the 9 DLC maps shipped in place of any 9 on-disc maps, I'm sure the reception would've been better.

Too many damn rocks mixed with bad settings and no direction (in gameplay and art direction (ie: red/blue bases or other significant landmarks)) were part of the problem with Halo 4's launch maps.

Hey there, hot stuff.

Hey. Low?

Anyone down to run some full-party Dominion games? Get like.. real tactical and shiiiiii
or just drive around wrecking people :]

-EDIT-

???

http://i.imgur.com/jT4rtZS.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

:[

Hey. Low?

Anyone down to run some full-party Dominion games? Get like.. real tactical and shiiiiii

???

jT4rtZS.gif

Fotos

I think i'm now actually realizing that Halo 4 can't be fixed. I really don't care about the TU because it's not gonna make me go back. I'm cool with 343 I just don't like the game. Hopefully that "Halo x Borderlands" game (if true) will be good.

On another note, I can't wait for the 21st. I'm really excited just to see what the Dashboard UI will be like. It's gonna be weird getting used to the new Dashboard and stuff after using relatively the same one for 8 years.

Ramirez

I think i'm now actually realizing that Halo 4 can't be fixed. I really don't care about the TU because it's not gonna make me go back. I'm cool with 343 I just don't like the game. Hopefully that "Halo x Borderlands" game (if true) will be good.

Can't wait for the 21st. I'm really excited just to see what the Dashboard UI will be like. It's gonna be weird getting used to the new Dashboard and stuff after using relatively the same one for 8 years.

The dashboard has went through all kinds of changes, same one for 8 years?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I get out of my ghost because it's on fire and one shot from blowing up. A teammate sprints over to it, gets in, drives 10 feet, gets shot and explodes.

Seriously?

Karl2177

FTFY.

It's centrally located for those in EST both by population and geography. Meanwhile, for the other 150 million people in the country (minus Alaska / Hawaii I suppose) in the other 3 main time zones, it is quite prohibitive unless they have sponsors or are one of the "top teams". Not to mention, there's no way it's worth it for anyone outside that area to go spectate.

MLG did the same crap too. They'd be all disappointed when the one (1) event on the west coast didn't sell as well. Well no shit. Turns out people in the east don't want to travel that far either. Not to mention since they couldn't afford to go to as many of the events because of the location, less teams attended from west coast in general. It wasn't worth it to go to just the one event. But oddly enough, go somewhere like Dallas and people show up from everywhere.

I understand it's all about funds and I'm willing to give AGL a pass on the traveling for now since they're still pretty small, but like usual, don't make shit up (no place big enough my ass).

I don't understand what you're arguing. You acknowledge that they didn't make a ton of money for a west coast event because the population didn't want to travel far. MLG is technically a business, so it wouldn't make sense for them to travel where they won't make as much money. Even then, it's not a complete EST thing. They've had Chicago and Dallas events, both of which are major population centers for the CST(which are still in a fair range of the larger east coast population).

Am I the only one who loved the first Dashboard?

The "blades" system is the most overnostalgia'd thing, man. Marketplace was essentially non-navigable, literally the entire experience is still available and done better in the current *guide*, the old guide was extremely limited functionally, and to top it off, the guide and the dash were prone to occasional crashes.

About the only advantage it has over the current design is less ads by far.

I don't understand what you're arguing. You acknowledge that they didn't make a ton of money for a west coast event because the population didn't want to travel far. MLG is technically a business, so it wouldn't make sense for them to travel where they won't make as much money. Even then, it's not a complete EST thing. They've had Chicago and Dallas events, both of which are major population centers for the CST(which are still in a fair range of the larger east coast population).

I said since they were still crazy small, it's no big deal. I'm still calling him out on the no-venue-big-enough thing though.

MLG's problem was a self-fulfilling prophecy. People knew there would be no point to practice up for west coast tourneys (the couple that ever happened), so they didn't. I even mentioned Dallas as a good compromise in my own post just like you, bro. Brad straight up said nope in the stream re: Dallas. "No venue, too far." Seriously, I think CST events in general are a good compromise, since they are in the center of the country. I have no illusions about my time zone, so in reality we're talking west, central, and east.

I just loved the colors and sounds of all of it. I don't really like the white and green they have now.

I'll give you a point on this one. More customization would be nice.

Fotos

The "blades" system is the most overnostalgia'd thing, man. Marketplace was essentially non-navigable, literally the entire experience is still available and done better in the current *guide*, the old guide was extremely limited functionally, and to top it off, the guide and the dash were prone to occasional crashes.

I just loved the colors and sounds of all of it. I don't really like the white and green they have now.

Real talk, I think save for a few flubs Microsoft's been improving with every progressive dashboard update. The Metro theme of the current Dashboard is beautiful from an aesthetic and functional standpoint given the load of content they have to provide, even though the ads aren't the greatest thing in the world.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

PREACH

Real talk, every update since NXE they have moved the menu option to see my game library from the guide by one more button press. Shit's dumb. I'm okay with how they've updated the dash since NXE though, they at least have you hovering over the play game option from the start now and have tucked away those hideous avatar goblins a bit.

Fotos

Real talk, every update since NXE they have moved the menu option to see my game library from the guide by one more button press. Shit's dumb. I'm okay with how they've updated the dash since NXE though, they at least have you hovering over the play game option from the start now and have tucked away those hideous avatar goblins a bit.

I think mine is pretty hot

(future me)

wwm0nkey

Off-topic but if any of you are into anime at all go watch Attack on Titan, its crazy good though its also good nightmare fuel.

Fotos

OT but does anyone on HaloGAF play Splinter Cell? I've been really into it again lately. Thinking about going to my first midnight release for Black List on August 20th.

kylej

Banned
chaos theory is one of the best games of last gen

also amon tobin is a genius

also im watching a chick do a striptease to yes' roundabout. not sure if erotic or hilarious.

also hgs

willow ve

Just played a CTF game against a full party. Lowest number of total kills on their team was 18.5k, highest count had 36k - and of course they voted Infinity CTF.

heckfu

Banned
I asked my friends to pick a random name of those that entered and they said Tunavi was the coolest so send me your info big boy and I'll send Dishonored your way.

Ramirez

Just played a CTF game against a full party. Lowest number of total kills on their team was 18.5k, highest count had 36k - and of course they voted Infinity CTF.

I don't really feel like that's that much? I have close to 13-14K and like I said earlier, I've barely played this game compared to past Halos.

m23

OT but does anyone on HaloGAF play Splinter Cell? I've been really into it again lately. Thinking about going to my first midnight release for Black List on August 20th.

Last decent one was Double Agent. Chaos Theory was amazing. That newest one was complete crap when it came to being a Splinter Cell game.

Atsumi

So Brad w/ AGL says that basically there will be no events to the west in any way shape or form. Why? Because there are no facilities big enough (complete bullshit) & I quote, "Knoxville is centrally located."

Allow me to illustrate the centrality of Knoxville for the non-Americans:

2LJySAL.png

I live where the "o" in Missouri is, and it pains me that there is NOTHING I can go to without getting on a plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom