• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

I live where the "o" in Missouri is, and it pains me that there is NOTHING I can go to without getting on a plane.

How do you think I feel? I'm smack in the middle of Tennessee and anywhere worth going to really is pretty far away anyway.

CyReN

So Brad w/ AGL says that basically there will be no events to the west in any way shape or form. Why? Because there are no facilities big enough (complete bullshit) & I quote, "Knoxville is centrally located."

Allow me to illustrate the centrality of Knoxville for the non-Americans:

2LJySAL.png

No one goes to west coast halo events past Texas.

Ghazi

I don't even know what that is lol. I was thinking more Halo stuff, does that involve Halo?

It has someone with a gun in it? Kinda like Halo?

lol I'm just pulling shit out of my ass.

edit: Yeah, Halo wise I can't think of anything Canada's gotten as of late. Sorry Bro :(

Also, rickenslacker, what fighting games do you play? Me and you may need to hook up if we play some of the same ones.

You guys had UGC Niagara last weekend with Halo 4, CoD, and a few other games, Walshy was out casting the event too.

Holy cow, can't believe I forgot about that!

Also, rickenslacker, what fighting games do you play? Me and you may need to hook up if we play some of the same ones.
my capcpom rage boner over sfxt actually killed my enthusiasm for the genre, but i mostly played sf. was dabbling in vf a bit too. right now just keeping my fg activity in the skullgirls igg thread, i backed 'em and bought the console version cus i thought it was worth supporting, but truthfully it's not my style of fighter.

i might start playing things again once the new ae update comes out, as i've simmered down a bit after a year since the sfxt disaster, but i can't believe people have stuck with that halo 4 of a fighting game.

Ghazi

my capcpom rage boner over sfxt actually killed my enthusiasm for the genre, but i mostly played sf. was dabbling in vf a bit too. right now just keeping my fg activity in the skullgirls igg thread, i backed 'em and bought the console version cus i thought it was worth supporting, but truthfully it's not my style of fighter.

i might start playing things again once the new ae update comes out, as i've simmered down a bit after a year since the sfxt disaster, but i can't believe people have stuck with that halo 4 of a fighting game.
loooool, best comparison ever because it's pretty close.

I was super hyped for SFxTekken and even though it was terrible UMvC3 got me active in the genre again. I heard the update for XTekken made it better though, I used to play a bunch of AE, but I've set that aside as I've been play TTT2, UMvC3, & Mortal Kombat with a soon to be followed Injustice. I've never actually played Skullgirls, but I've heard it's really good.

edit: Also, shoutouts to Tekken 4, my button mashing, first fighting game.

Ghazi

Why is FIFA 13 still $60 :(

Halo 4 went down to $20 in like 4 weeks, man FIFA has some legs.

Wait for FIFA 14, that was just announced apparently. I'll be getting it just so I can challenge, and subsequently destroy, heckfu. My FIFA 2005 skills are unparalleled, how different can the two games be really?
3DS version=bought

I nailed a 40 on that hot potato game too. They just had mad good spawnage, three of them went neg 20 and still won...JEREMIAH YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT OBJECTIVE SETTINGS SHOULD BE.

How can I watch if it is offline?

My connection died. Everyone got off anyways. Everybody was lame tonight.

4 hrs to beat Injustice. Good game.

Just finished ME3 today. Wow. Amazing game. Don't quite understand the shitstorm whiny fans gave it. Ending was good.

I still need to play BioShock Infinite =/
Hopefully Soon. Glad to hear it did really good.

Also how fucking sweet if 343 considered doing a live action web series of "The Fall of Reach"? Or perhaps an animated web series that could be Terminal quality animation. Maybe axis animation could create a cgi website series of Halo? Just Do It!!

Madness

Just finished ME3 today. Wow. Amazing game. Don't quite understand the shitstorm whiny fans gave it. Ending was good.

Without getting too specific. How big of a fan of the series are you? My own opinion, the ending was one of the worst endings to a trilogy or series I've ever seen in all my life gaming. Completely threw the entire story out the window and introduced new plot points that were never really touched on. They fixed a lot with the extended cut, but if you followed the drama, even a writer of the series posted how he was against the final mission and ending.

I debated it a lot with the producer Mike Gamble and I played with a lot of BW staff in multiplayer and they understood where they went wrong.

I don't agree with the aggressive way fans handled it though. Sending dumb cupcakes, protests, some even gave death threats, that's just sad.

My own opinion, it was a hell of a game, ruined by the ending. Completely made me feel like shit for a few days, and I didn't touch the campaign again for a long time. Usually I do about 3+ run throughs of each mass effect game.

Without getting too specific. How big of a fan of the series are you? My own opinion, the ending was one of the worst endings to a trilogy or series I've ever seen in all my life gaming. Completely threw the entire story out the window and introduced new plot points that were never really touched on. They fixed a lot with the extended cut, but if you followed the drama, even a writer of the series posted how he was against the final mission and ending.

I debated it a lot with the producer Mike Gamble and I played with a lot of BW staff in multiplayer and they understood where they went wrong.

I don't agree with the aggressive way fans handled it though. Sending dumb cupcakes, protests, some even gave death threats, that's just sad.

My own opinion, it was a hell of a game, ruined by the ending. Completely made me feel like shit for a few days, and I didn't touch the campaign again for a long time. Usually I do about 3+ run throughs of each mass effect game.
I'm not a huge fan. Haven't followed the books. Played the trilogy. I can understand why they'd be upset or loloutraged.

But this ending was inevitable in terms of how complex the situation of the final chapter to the trilogy had become. Fans can complain all they want about it, but it was suitable to the games theme.
---
Halo

How would you guys feel about a 15-second powerup (pretend Personal Ordnance doesn't exist and OS/Active Camo are back to being on the map) that doesn't affect your traits at all, but makes all of your kills worth double points? So getting a Triple with the powerup active would be worth 6 points, etc.

coming from someone who hates blops 2, my opinion is kind of swayed.

but no. the map plays like shit. I'm on mobile but I'll summarize my main gropes with the map using one sentence: I hope you dont mind getting sniped.

Oh man the quick scoping is what made me stop playing that game - its so easy/ anyone and everyone does it and the game degenerates into it.

Blops did the right thing by nerfing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom