• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

Which are?

First off, it looks and sounds like garbage. In terms of something that actually matters though, the RoF decreases the premium on accuracy, especially when going for the killing headshot. It fires so fast, you can essentially spam it near their head area and come away with a headshot. When you have a slower RoF weapon, you're penalized much more for missing. Plus, you can only get 2 kills per clip.

PNut

Banned
These weapon changes mean nothing to me and why are they hyping it up so much? How bout fix some real problems like removing Infinity settings, camo and jetpack from EVERY playlist they're in. That will bring back more people to Halo.

First off, it looks and sounds like garbage. In terms of something that actually matters though, the RoF decreases the premium on accuracy, especially when going for the killing headshot. It fires so fast, you can essentially spam it near their head area and come away with a headshot. When you have a slower RoF weapon, you're penalized much more for missing. Plus, you can only get 2 kills per clip.

I agree with most of this. I find myself not spamming for the head and having some ammo left after 2-3 kills. I rarely out kill people rocking the DMR or BR doing that though

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This play test is a joke. Heckfu sucks. Tashi is going to wape, and they're just gonna play the same people over and over again. You can't learn shit from that kind of test. You need to take it to matchmaking and see how it really plays. How frustrating will it be when you lose to try hards? How fun will it be to dong on bks? You won't know until the end of the summer. Can't wait.

DeadNames

Banned
The Carbine stinks at draining shields. It should have a nice ROF and should be good for cleaning up kills. Gotta fill the niche breh.

I think it looks good too.

Yeah gave you a nice taste of european nuts.
022483.jpg

British nuts or bust.

heckfu

Banned
Last night after I said I was going, Gandhi got on his stream and shit talked me for like 15 minutes. It was sooooo good, kid was full of so much mad.

Duji

1. Looks and sounds: yes, it does look and sound like garbage.
2. RoF-accuracy relationship: to an extent. The head shot becomes a bit easier, but the body shots become MUCH more difficult. Just say I give you one second. What would be more difficult -- landing two shots in that one second or four shots?
3. Kills per clip: both the DMR and BR can only kill 2 per clip, no different from the Carbine.

Sad truth. The only way I can see Halo raise to a prominent place in the multiplayer arena again is Halo 2 Anniversary with bugs (HGS) fixed and then a strong Halo 5 with less fluff and a back to basics play style.

Its never happening. Personally I say Halo 4 is all but dead. Patch it to as vanilla as it can be with a classic gametype and put a classic playlist in MP and shoot it in the head and start working on making Halo 5 the best it can be.

I want them to do that just to prove to everyone here that it wont change a god damn thing player count wise.

It's a minor tweak.

Just look at other game updates out there to appreciate the scale of this update compared with other games.

A collective "meh" from parts of the community still playing should not be unexpected.

And yeah, being flown over to test this update (which is the stupidest thing I've heard in terms of a solution to a wider problem) does so ever so slightly skewer your opinion of it.

I'm already certain you'll come back from that event singing the praises, generally speaking the very nature of these "tests" skewers the actual results. That ain't your fault.

Honestly, at this point its nice that they are still putting effort into the game.

But if they want players to come back, you need to offer something to them thats worth wile. And i dont mean a forge map. Give 4-5 free small/medium sized maps and most people will download them and give the game another shot for a little while just cause theyre free maps. After that, its up to the tweeks. Other than that, i dont see them coming back till at least Halo5.

Havok

Finally got a chance to mess around with that promod gametype folks have been talking about the past few days. Maybe it shouldn't be the biggest thing to take away from it, but man, those team colors are nice. I really dislike the pastels of Halo 4 that let people blend into the hazy environments so much so seeing some strong contrast is really refreshing. Movement feels good, the increased speed combined with smaller player size work pretty well together. Halving AA fuel works incredibly well, Jetpack has no hover ability whatsoever with these settings. I haven't played with other players, so I can't speak to damage settings or anything. Hopefully a lot of this is looked at by 343 because on paper, it solves several problems.

Labeling the Infinity Promod variant with customizable loadouts as being for BTB is pretty laughable considering that loadouts are at the forefront of what's wrong Big Team now.

BigShow36

1. Looks and sounds: yes, it does look and sound like garbage.
2. RoF-accuracy relationship: to an extent. The head shot becomes a bit easier, but the body shots become MUCH more difficult. Just say I give you one second. What would be more difficult -- landing two shots in that one second or four shots?
3. Kills per clip: both the DMR and BR can only kill 2 per clip, no different from the Carbine.

2. A lot of factors in play with this, but everything being equal, landing more shots is more difficult. There's a lot of caveats here though.
3. Won't the BR be able to do 3 per clip now? I'm not well-versed enough in the specifics of Halo 4's weaponry to know off the top of my head.

Booties

Banned
Last night after I said I was going, Gandhi got on his stream and shit talked me for like 15 minutes. It was sooooo good, kid was full of so much mad.

Hahah anyone have this saved?

Its only like 30 days away. People really cant wait that long?

Oh you guys just like complaining regardless, my bad. Carry on.

Yeah, 343 holding off their finished changes so NeoGAF member Tashi can fly to to Seattle and check it out in person is totally worth waiting. Shut. Up.

Omni

Oh wow. GTA V looks amazing. And to think that I only really cared about nextgen consoles coming out this year.

What are the chances of 343i announcing a new game this year? Halo has arguably been annual for some time now. Will be surprising if we don't get something.

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member
Yes, essentially thats what I'm saying. All of these changes are just noise; they don't really change any of the glaring issues I personally have with Halo 4's gameplay. Maybe for people who use AR's a lot this is a big deal, but for most players this is pretty insignificant.

Are kill times going to increase? No
Are precision weapons going to be more difficult to use? No
Is strafe speed increasing? No
Are static weapons returning? No
Is Team Shot going to be any less necessary? No

All that adds up to equal an update that does very little to actually change how the game plays.

Like I said, it's cool that you're flying out to Seattle and playing Halo 4 with some tweaked settings, but for everyone else this is a pretty insignificant update. It's hard to complain, because they are changing some things for the better, but in terms of long-term improvement to the gameplay of Halo 4 this simply isn't enough. Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am).
You speak the truth again. Things aren't changing in the long term. Halo 4 is and will be more team-based than any other Halo. Small maps aren't probably coming and the game won't suddenly be an Arena Shooter again but look at what Halo 4 and 343i were months ago and look at what they are now.

Again, they've been listening and trying to fix issues. The results aren't the best for the most part but it's something (Red Xs, Forge Island...). I see this whole TU test trip as a sort of "gift", no need to be harsh or hyped. They are being nice and like Slightly Live said when Tashi and the others will be back they will probably praise 343i for what they are doing. So what? "OMG MARKETING TANK STRIKES AGAIN!!11". C'mon just enjoy these little things. We all agree Halo 4 is far from perfect but some people should just take the shit off their noses because not everything 343i related stinks.

We'll have community members playing with devs and testing the new rebalanced sandbox in streaming and people complain is not enough? Halo 4 is gonna stay Halo 4 but 343i is evolving and that's important for the future.

m23

Although I'm happy for the lucky few going to 343i, why not just have like a beta playlist for the weapon changes? Or would that just cause confusion...

Duji

2. A lot of factors in play with this, but everything being equal, landing more shots is more difficult. There's a lot of caveats here though.
3. Won't the BR be able to do 3 per clip now? I'm not well-versed enough in the specifics of Halo 4's weaponry to know off the top of my head.
The difficulty of landing every single body shot outweighs the ease of landing the head shot. Just how often do you see people get the perfect 8 shot kill with the Carbine? Try it out yourself and you will find it to be much more difficult than getting a perfect 5sk with the DMR. I'm surprised you of all people are hatin' on the Carbine. lol. And yea, the BR should be able to kill 3 now.

IHaveIce

Banned
Heckfu played with ExWife, IHaveIce and me earlier.

GG btw guys. Sorry, that I had to bail too early.
Yeah GGs but we got melted lol

Probably somewhere in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/gandhimlg/b/400681754

Edit: Yep, starts about about 3:49

Well, it is more the other guy( Saucey? ) who talks "shit" about fu and Tashi.

Edit: Oh I see they talk more

And I still like Gandhi. But that was the first time I heard Ninja doesn't know if he can go?

BigShow36

The difficulty of landing every single body shot outweighs the ease of landing the head shot. Just how often do you see people get the perfect 8 shot kill with the Carbine? Try it out yourself and you will find it to be much more difficult than getting a perfect 5sk with the DMR. I'm surprised you of all people are hatin' on the Carbine. lol. And yea, the BR should be able to kill 3 now.

It was mostly a preference thing for me; I just prefer a solid, single shot rifle that kills in a few shots.

Nebula

I'm looking forward to the new blood we will see flood in after people learn that some of the people going to 343 are from GAF.

Also strafe speed. Why has this not been addressed?

I'm looking forward to the new blood we will see flood in after people learn that some of the people going to 343 are from GAF.

Also strafe speed. Why has this not been addressed?

the world's next generation of superbabbies

wats horizontal movement cmon dude its a shooter not chess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom