• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yes I do read the thread, how about take things back to when Greenskull started posting here. Y'all were so kind it warmed my heart. Please.

Well If you read it, you have probably seen the complains about gandhi?

Also about the thing that he said something bad about Monster energy drinks on stream despite them being a sponsor... I don't think anyone here really cares about that.

I don't understand what exactly needs to be community tested. Okay, the BR now kills in 4 shots... cool. Again, what exactly is being tested? Nothing is going to change about how the game actually plays until they make alterations in how difficult each weapon is to use compared to how quickly it kills or the fundamental speed of the gameplay. The only thing thats going to change from this update is that now the BR is going to be the go-to rifle.

Anyone who thinks this update is going to change how Halo 4 fundamentally plays is kidding themselves. Until they make changes to the strafe speed and aim assists of the primary rifles, nothing is going to change except the skin of the most used weapon. I don't see the point of this whole grand gesture thing regarding the update. It's a friggin update, most other game developers do these things frequently and don't treat it like its a new game release.

It's cool that some dudes get to fly out and play video games with 343, but it seems like a pretty meaningless gesture in the grand scheme of things.

Gears of War Judgment has a "Test Server" playlist that they're going to be making tweaks that may roll out into the rest of Matchmaking. I don't see the harm in doing this for Halo 4, especially when so much good can come out of it.

Funny I don't see posters here shitting on gandhimlg when he literally shits on one of the sponsors of the LAN event in the live stream. I like watching gandhimlg and I think he's doing great things for the competitive scene but overall I would consider taking the piss of a sponsors product on the event live stream and laughing about it far more damaging than a tongue in cheek video about 343i.

Why is that exactly? Oh that's right gandhimlg is from the competitive scene so I suppose he's beyond reproach.

He had a personal opinion about a sponsor.

Greenskull has a song entitled I Less Than 343. Ready Up Live also has a video saying why 343 shouldn't solely cater to competitive players.

Which one is directly talking about Halo, and has videos on YouTube that are easier to find and watch?

Also about the thing that he said something bad about Monster energy drinks on stream despite them being a sponsor... I don't think anyone here really cares about that.

Here is some comments from one page alone. Clearly I've not been reading /sarcasm.

I'm looking forward to the new blood we will see flood in after people learn that some of the people going to 343 are from GAF.

But not Greenskull, that fuck.

But Greenskull sings less than 343 so he totally should go IMO.

Songs friggen brilliant.

He's right about green skull though. The fact that 343 invited him proves that they are out touch. Dude exploits the homeless FFS.

It's quite debatable whether or not he "has done a lot" for the Halo community.

His videos, however, do in fact make me embarrassed to say that I've played Halo.

Just.... Wow.

Ghazi

It turned out that they hadn't actually cleared a sponsorship or something like that and Brad had just thrown them/it in because he had friends who worked for Monster. At least I think that's how it went down, actually Gandhi said that so I'm not sure if it's true.

You didn't enter.

I was referring to Injustice.

I'd be interested too.

He just couldn't handle getting chipped out by Deathstroke noobs online who spam the gun move.

well it looks like you're out of the running.

bugsjpg

When one kid wants to go to BK and one kid doesnt care. You dont goto Mcdonalds.

You goto BK.

Casuals are that fucking kid that doesnt care and good kids are the kids who want to goto BK. IF YOU DIDNT GET THE EASY AS SHIT DUMB AS FUCK META4.

In conclusion. Get the D stain casshies

Huh? Yeah, nobody said they didn't shit on Greenskull?

I meant that gandhi got also some comments.

People here laugh about Greenskull.

Shocking news.

I don't have any issue with not liking someone or having a personal opinion but when some here just want a closed off segment to have inside access and feedback to 343i that's not healthy for the overall community.

Think of all the playlists/styles and then think how many getting invited or dropping by the studio to test the tweaks are competitive based. It's biased in the competitive scene favour these days. There is nothing to complain about is my point. So what if some "casuals" are invited along with pros that work/visit/invited to 343i. It's the right balance to have for the game overall.

After all the tweaks will be affecting all playlists of the game so why shouldn't some players from Flood or Grifball be represented with invites too?

That's my point.

IHaveIce

Banned
When one kid wants to go to BK and one kid doesnt care. You dont goto Mcdonalds.

You goto BK.

Casuals are that fucking kid that doesnt care and good kids are the kids who want to goto BK. IF YOU DIDNT GET THE EASY AS SHIT DUMB AS FUCK META4.

In conclusion. Get the D stain casshies
Good post.
I don't have any issue with not liking someone or having a personal opinion but when some here just want a closed off segment to have inside access and feedback to 343i that's not healthy for the overall community.

Think of all the playlists/styles and then think how many getting invited or dropping by the studio to test the tweaks are competitive based. It's biased in the competitive scene favour these days. There is nothing to complain about is my point. So what if some "casuals" are invited along with pros that work/visit/invited to 343i. It's the right balance to have for the game overall.

After all the tweaks will be affecting all playlists of the game so why shouldn't some players from Flood or Grifball be represented with invites too?

That's my point.
Read the above points, casuals will embrace these settings and mostly don't even care about them. While Pros have to play them the next tourneys.
There should be no trallala invitation stuff except they wanted opinions, but looking at the calendar that isn't the meeting's purpose.

There should be a testplaylist for everyone.

heckfu

Banned

That's my point.

This guys got a point. The 4 shot BR is really going to change the shape of flood and grifball as we know it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People in this thread that you haven't read have stated that the new settings should be happening with a public beta playlist instead of inviting selected people from the communities.

what. heckfu was invited and he's about as casual as it gets. guy plays halo like he doesn't have thumbs.

And I'm supposedly the one that doesn't read the thread...

Heckfu isn't going. It was a joke. So far the only confirmed people going that I know of are myself, Ninja, Ghostayame and the legendary GreenSkull.

People in this thread that you haven't read have stated that the new settings should be happening with a public beta playlist instead of inviting selected people from the communities.

There should be a testplaylist for everyone.

I agree with that part but my post was more so directed at the other attitudes posted.

NOKYARD

Reps from Grifball have visited/tested on several occasions. I would prefer to be invited to 343i prior to Halo 5 where i could possibly have a hand in advancing the game, rather than wasting a trip to slow the Hammer reload by 15%.

Ghazi

Seasonal Loaded Tater Tots and Pina Colada Margerita. How is this even a question!?

Bro, bro, bro, bro.... I've ate at BK like six times in 2006 when I was visiting the US and it was shitty. Burgers sucked, tots ended up over or undercooked every time and I wasn't old enough to legally drink Pina Coladas so idk about that. All in all, most fast food sucks.

Didn't they already try that with the Reach TU playlist?

Yeah, what ever happened to that playlist anyway? So much potential with the Halo franchise just wasted because of poor management. I will never understand some of these decisions, especially when helpful changes/additions can be made..

That's my point.

HaloGAF is just like any other thread on any other forum where people need something to discuss. You're making this a bigger issue than it needs to be.

I mean, who really cares who goes to that event anyway? It's not like any significant changes will be made based on these playtests..

This guys got a point. The 4 shot BR is really going to change the shape of flood and grifball as we know it.

So the following from just the latest bulletin doesn't affect other playlists besides Throwdown or 4SK BR?

1. Decreased magnetism on automatics definitely adds more skill to those short-range fights.
Infinity slayer, Infinity BTB, rumble pit, doubles, action sack, team objective, CTF or any player loadouts that include automatics.

2. The LightRifle's increased rate of fire while zoomed in will possibly make it the best long-range starting weapon in the game.
What of lightning CTF? What of any player loadout that has lightrifle as primary?

Nice try got anything else mate?

heckfu

Banned
So the following from just the latest bulletin doesn't affect other playlists besides Throwdown or 4SK BR?

1. Decreased magnetism on automatics definitely adds more skill to those short-range fights.
Infinity slayer, Infinity BTB, rumble pit, doubles, action sack, team objective, CTF or any player loadouts that include automatics.

2. The LightRifle's increased rate of fire while zoomed in will possibly make it the best long-range starting weapon in the game.
What of lightning CTF? What of any player loadout that has lightrifle as primary?

Nice try got anything else mate?

I'm going to have to consult other people at the hospital because your levels of mad are getting critical. SO glad you're back posting, it's a lot more entertaining this way.

Bro, bro, bro, bro.... I've ate at BK like six times in 2006 when I was visiting the US and it was shitty. Burgers sucked, tots ended up over or undercooked every time and I wasn't old enough to legally drink Pina Coladas so idk about that. All in all, most fast food sucks.

No shit but America kinda sucks. I get 30 minutes for break. You cant get anywhere and back in 30 minutes in Buffalo. So you have to go to the BK every now and then. Of course I'd love to leave work go sit down eat a steak and come back swig a flask and fall asleep the rest of the night but Generation X fucked that one up for us all didnt they?

Sorry to leave after only one game. The wife beckons. :(

Bow chicka wow wow.

I'm going to have to consult other people at the hospital because your levels of mad are getting critical. SO glad you're back posting, it's a lot more entertaining this way.

Way to stay on point mate.

How about the Hog & Mantis chain gun damage buff? How's that going to be tested by all the throwdown-only play testing? Surely "casual" settings or participants are required here?

How about the DMR changes across any playlist, with Halo 4 maps being larger shouldn't all style of play/settings get the chance to test out DMR changes?

Same thing goes for the Carbine too.

What of the beam rifle aim-assist nerf?

My point is, once again, there is more to Halo than just the ultra competitive and the testers/invitees should reflect that. In some alternate HaloGAF reality apparently this makes me mad X 10000.

Ghazi

No shit but America kinda sucks. I get 30 minutes for break. You cant get anywhere and back in 30 minutes in Buffalo. So you have to go to the BK every now and then. Of course I'd love to leave work go sit down eat a steak and come back swig a flask and fall asleep the rest of the night but Generation X fucked that one up for us all didnt they?

lol, dat booze abuse.

But seriously, bring some hotpockets, or microwave noodles, or any cold leftovers. I usually cook my own food (not that frozen shit people usually eat) and I leave just enough to take to school or work and microwave it there. Gotta keep up that healthy lifestyle bro, no more fast food for me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How about the Hog & Mantis chain gun damage buff? How's that going to be tested by all the throwdown-only play testing? Surely "casual" settings or participants are required here?

How about the DMR changes across any playlist, with Halo 4 maps being larger shouldn't all style of play/settings get the chance to test out DMR changes?

What does this have to do with Grifball or Flood?

heckfu

Banned
Way to stay on point mate.

My point is, once again, there is more to Halo than just the ultra competitive and the testers/invitees should reflect that. In some alternate HaloGAF reality apparently this makes me mad X 10000.

i'm back on point. you said, and I quote, "After all the tweaks will be affecting all playlists of the game so why shouldn't some players from Flood or Grifball be represented with invites too?" and I joked back that a 4sk BR wouldn't affect those playlists. So MATE, take a joke. It's the internet. It's a lesson I needed to learn a long time ago.

Booshka

I have no problem with Casual players getting to test out new settings, it's just that Greenskull seems like a pandering douchenozzle. Guy made a youtube vid showing junk food "swag." The shit he got was probably gonna end up in a dumpster, but he has "social media influence" so they sent him garbage and he brags about it on a youtube vid while selling their shit back out for free. It's just disgusting and pathetic.

Send a couple prominent Waypoint kids, or some lucky winners that play Halo casually, all good, but that guy? C'mon...

Ghazi

Is GreenSkull not legendary?

cKEUl99.jpg

He's certainly got manners, that I can at least say.

@Heckfu & @Plywood

The 1st bolded is literally the words "All playlists".

The 2nd bolded are just examples, what I should have written out all approx. 17 playlists there.

Anyhow enough meta discussion, we all understand each other just fine.

@Heckfu I'm Australian mate and we pride ourselves on having a laugh. I just don't personally agree with this attitude that somehow anything on the Internet isn't to be taken seriously. If you joke all the time then you take nothing seriously, I don't live like that.

I have no problem with Casual players getting to test out new settings, it's just that Greenskull seems like a pandering douchenozzle. Guy made a youtube vid showing junk food "swag." The shit he got was probably gonna end up in a dumpster, but he has "social media influence" so they sent him garbage and he brags about it on a youtube vid while selling their shit back out for free. It's just disgusting and pathetic.

Send a couple prominent Waypoint kids, or some lucky winners that play Halo casually, all good, but that guy? C'mon...

When you look at the behaviour of some pros at tournaments and the sheer immaturity in trash talking and terms yelled out you can hardly say they're poster-child material either. It goes both ways.

In the end I'd prefer to see a social style test playlist over invites or event demos that has opt-in voting polls during each post game lobby combined with Waypoint voting polls too. Easy collation of data, instant feedback without staff pressure or event glitz/glamour and everyone gets a fair go.

Doesn't seem too hard really.

heckfu

Banned
@Heckfu I'm Australian mate and we pride ourselves on having a laugh. I just don't personally agree with this attitude that somehow anything on the Internet isn't to be taken seriously. If you joke all the time then you take nothing seriously, I don't live like that.

juices, put this on my tombstone.

'heckfu has never taken anything seriously'

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

The 1st bolded is literally the words "All playlists".

The 2nd bolded are just examples, what I should have written out all approx. 17 playlists there.
Don't post irrelevant examples.

Doesn't seem too hard really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom