• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

"Heckfu & Tashi."

"Who the fuck is that?"

220px-Toiletpapier_(Gobran111).jpg

heckfu

Banned
I need a link to this.
I looked on his page and didn't see the video I was referring to. And to clarify, the railing against me wasn't LITERALLY 15 minutes but it was long enough. Tashi saw it too so he can confirm but the minute he saw Greenskulls name...it was over. Kid was SO mad lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
it was more like, "who the fuck is heckfu and tashi?!" and something about 343 inviting people who won't tell them the truth about shit. idk, it was all just pretty disappointing to be honest

Ghazi

it was more like, "who the fuck is heckfu and tashi?!" and something about 343 inviting people who won't tell them the truth about shit. idk, it was all just pretty disappointing to be honest
You mean someone who's known to have a temper got angry? Wow.

Edit: To clarify, I don't think he should've done that. Ghandi's always kinda viewed himself above others IMO and this pushed him a little over the edge I guess that people he might not know or heard of got to do this over him.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't even know who Ghandi is.

He's doing a great job of perpetuating the stereotype of gamers as babbies, though.

edit: I feel dumb for using the word gamer.

IHaveIce

Banned
You mean someone who's known to have a temper got angry? Wow.

Edit: To clarify, I don't think he should've done that. Ghandi's always kinda viewed himself above others IMO and this pushed him a little over the edge I guess that people he might not know or heard of got to do this over him.
Lol Gandhi gets mad about almost everything, I don't think he thought he deserved it the most, he admits often enough he isn't as good as back then anymore.

But like I also said before I knew of this Gandhi situation, I would have prefered more pro players who need good settings for tourneys. Or Walshy or I don't know.
But not Greenskull, that fuck.
I don't even know who Ghandi is.

He's doing a great job of perpetuating the stereotype of gamers as babbies, though.

edit: I feel dumb for using the word gamer.

Was in like a shit ton of Halo finals back in the day? Team Carbon?

Lol Gandhi gets mad about almost everything, I don't think he thought he deserved it the most, he admits often enough he isn't as good as back then anymore.

But like I also said before I knew of this Gandhi situation, I would have prefered more pro players who need good settings for tourneys. Or Walshy or I don't know.
But not Greenskull, that fuck.

Was in like a shit ton of Halo finals back in the day? Team Carbon?

WITH THE NO-SCOPE

IHaveIce

Banned
Walshy already played the new settings, evidenced in the last bulletin.

Oh yeah you are right I forgot. Well I think we wasted enough time talking about this.

We all probably know this invitation is really more of a PR thing and fanbonus to test the stuff, feedback and tweaks won't be done in 2 days.

Like I said earlier, they should go there and just tell them how they think about the settings.
Also tell them to finally get Halo 2 MP online again. And always say while testing the settings "Maaan I miss proper strafing"

I looked on his page and didn't see the video I was referring to. And to clarify, the railing against me wasn't LITERALLY 15 minutes but it was long enough. Tashi saw it too so he can confirm but the minute he saw Greenskulls name...it was over. Kid was SO mad lol.
He's right about green skull though. The fact that 343 invited him proves that they are out touch. Dude exploits the homeless FFS.

he was referencing the MLG pros bungie invited to test halo reach.

Shadders

I remember that video where he dressed as a power ranger and said RUL wouldn't be reporting on Halo 4 leaks out of respect for their friends at 343.

I guess that worked out pretty good for him, eh?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tonight's Bioshock Infinite and Jameson/Ginger Ale night. Time to finish this game. I start Metro Last Light tomorrow.

Halo 4 for sure this weekend though.

Trasher

The millions of views hes brought to Halo videos? His website?

I really shouldn't have to explain that..

It's quite debatable whether or not he "has done a lot" for the Halo community.

His videos, however, do in fact make me embarrassed to say that I've played Halo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
He's right about green skull though. The fact that 343 invited him proves that they are out touch. Dude exploits the homeless FFS.

he was referencing the MLG pros bungie invited to test halo reach.

I really don't know much of anything about Greenskull

Well that was mentioned as well but that was just a part of it. I'd have to go back and watch the video again, probably won't because it doesn't really affect anything.

DeadNames

Banned
other than green skull being a total SLRPer to 343 and making cringe worthy vids, he seems like a nice dude who's passionate about Halo.

heckfu

Banned
other than green skull being a total SLRPer to 343 and making cringe worthy vids, he seems like a nice dude who's passionate about Halo.
Greenskull is awesome IRL. I'm not necessarily sure he has a mean bone in his body and really rolls with the hate well. His mindset is obviously 100% different than most of ours but that's cool too.

Get over yourselves fellas, seriously. There is more to Halo than just the ultra competitive.

343i invite sessions should have pros AND casuals and those that contribute to the community from all walks of Halo styles. Pre Halo 4 I watched a fair amount of RUL videos and I appreciated their contribution. I also think their website quality/effort shits on a large number of other Halo community websites/content too. I also enjoy their light hearted take on things. NakedELI is fun to watch for me, I enjoy that sense of excitement, not many pro streams provide that experience. Just like RUL doesn't provide that high skill LAN event stuff pros provide.

Halo is fun for me, Halo is competitive for me and Halo is solo or party up for me too. Why shouldn't 343i invites handle that same cross section of demographics?

It goes the same for gandhimlg, Halo is more than just the hyper competitive. Be thankful for what you participate with over at 343i and stop shitting on every little thing. Just imagine how wonderful 343i's outlook is of gandhimlg or HaloGAF based on such comments about RUL/Greenskull.

Fuck me community elitism is the worst. I love ranked, I love competition but I've no interest in any Halo game being 100% completely run my old school MLG'ers nor do I have interest in 100% casual either.

kylej

Banned
Get over yourselves fellas, seriously. There is more to Halo than just the ultra competitive.

343i invite sessions should have pros AND casuals and those that contribute to the community from all walks of Halo styles. Pre Halo 4 I watched a fair amount of RUL videos and I appreciated their contribution. I also think their website quality/effort shits on a large number of other Halo community websites/content too. I also enjoy their light hearted take on things. NakedELI is fun to watch for me, I enjoy that sense of excitement, not many pro streams provide that experience. Just like RUL doesn't provide that high skill LAN event stuff pros provide.

Halo is fun for me, Halo is competitive for me and Halo is solo or party up for me too. Why shouldn't 343i invites handle that same cross section of demographics?

It goes the same for gandhimlg, Halo is more than just the hyper competitive. Be thankful for what you participate with over at 343i and stop shitting on every little thing. Just imagine how wonderful 343i's outlook is of gandhimlg or HaloGAF based on such comments about RUL/Greenskull.

Fuck me community elitism is the worst. I love ranked, I love competition but I've no interest in any Halo game being 100% completely run my old school MLG'ers nor do I have interest in 100% casual either.

didn't read any of this but weren't you the dude who had a temper tantrum and left a few months ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jXPIvfrlw

didn't read any of this but weren't you the dude who had a temper tantrum and left a few months ago?

That's what you choose to contribute to this? Label events however you choose.

Funny I don't see posters here shitting on gandhimlg when he literally shits on one of the sponsors of the LAN event in the live stream. I like watching gandhimlg and I think he's doing great things for the competitive scene but overall I would consider taking the piss of a sponsors product on the event live stream and laughing about it far more damaging than a tongue in cheek video about 343i.

Why is that exactly? Oh that's right gandhimlg is from the competitive scene so I suppose he's beyond reproach.

IHaveIce

Banned
Counter :

A competive game can be played casually, it doesn't work the other way.

NakedEli is ok I guess, Greenskull has just weird opinions how fun and competive doesn't seem to fit together.

And he does all this songcrap.

edit: also no one here really said only competive ranked Halo has to exist, many of us are in favour of Ranked/Social splitting

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Did you even read the thread? I don't think you read the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom