• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, Funk, and two lucky HaloGaf members for Halo 3 campaign tonight.

Any takers?

Hell yeah, ODST too if anyone's down for that B]

I only think that because it doesn't make sense how 343 would KEEP all those things, regardless of the major community backlash. They were really keen on the new changes, even though no one else was. Just seems strange to me. Bungie justified it as "It's what we always wanted to do with Halo." If that was true, why were stuff like that not even hinted at in Halo 2 or Halo 3? Just seems off to me.

Don't forget, 343 brought back the Camo Powerup for Reach Anniversary playlists but where is it in Halo 4?

Nowise10

rip nowise.

I don't know if this applies to me or not, but how so?

I post how they haven't done much other then a few maps and reskins (in which, my bad, Saber Interactive DID Halo: CEA, CA did the maps), so i dont get how you could hate them and I get:

"They haven't done anything" That was my point, you illiterate f*ck.

"They made the CE maps for Reach and not its own game" Yeah, because that would be a perfect idea if you feel like sand papering the communities down to a fine dust and snorting it until its nothing.

"They made the castle map pack big team maps when we've been asking for small the past few months" Hey guess what, 95% chance all these map packs were done a week after Halo 4 came out. They even admitted Perditions map layout was developed when they made the Anniversary mappack

"They just re skinned the maps for The anniversary map pack" That was my point.

Yes, Forge is kind of lame without the nudge and zoom tool. Valid.

This is quite insulting coming from you. :\

Im mad

Don't forget, 343 brought back the Camo Powerup for Reach Anniversary playlists but where is it in Halo 4?

... they did? I played Anniversary a decent amount but never noticed a Camo Powerup.

ludBSTu.gif

blamite

I only think that because it doesn't make sense how 343 would KEEP all those things, regardless of the major community backlash.

I think Bungie did what they did in Reach all on their own, as a way to try out some new ideas within the Halo universe without having to be tied too heavily to certin aspects of the first 3 Halos. The fact that Reach doesn't even have the word "Halo" within 40 feet of the title screen is pretty telling. I'm assuming things like bloom and armor abilities were experiments for class features or customization options in Destiny. I don't thing 343, MS, or anyone else involved int he game would have had much of a problem with Bungie just putting out Halo 3.5 with some minor incremental upgrades or whatever.

I think 343 stuck with hat Bungie did in Reach in an attempt to keep familiarity with the most recent Halo game most casual players have had experience with. I think the didn't strip away the excess and go back to Halo basics because they didn't ant it to seem like they were taking a step backwards. I think they genuinely thought they were fixing the problems Bungie had created with things like bloom and Armor Abilities. They nerfed the Jetpack, They replaced Armor Lock with Hardlight Shield, most people just used sprint all the time so everyone has it now, the DMR has almost no boom! I think they really thought they had fixed the problems with Reach's core systems when what they really should have done was through them out in the first place.

Nowise10

ludBSTu.gif

Oh you mean like this?

As in the 80k population Reach got, would go down to 40K as half and half would switch off, leaving lower stats between the two and leading them both down slowly,.and if CEA had the maps and was the game, it would require a matchmaking system and all new lobbies and such, which you could just do the same on Reach with a new mappack so much easier and quicker. How 343 executed the playoff between CE gameplay and title updated game types to fit the maps may not have worked well, but thats 343 and not CA.

Anyways rant over

I only think that because it doesn't make sense how 343 would KEEP all those things, regardless of the major community backlash. They were really keen on the new changes, even though no one else was. Just seems strange to me. Bungie justified it as "It's what we always wanted to do with Halo." If that was true, why were stuff like that not even hinted at in Halo 2 or Halo 3? Just seems off to me.

Because the opinions of NeoGAF doesn't necessarily represent the opinions of the player base.

Regardless, the things that I have the biggest issues with in H4 are not things that were present in Reach.

I think that looking at things that Bungie has said about the development of their games over the years, and there are plenty of things that they didn't get into previous games that made it into Reach (specifically the long list of things they announced for H2 when it was announced that never made it into the game).

Booshka

As in the 80k population Reach got, would go down to 40K as half and half would switch off, leaving lower stats between the two and leading them both down slowly,.and if CEA had the maps and was the game, it would require a matchmaking system and all new lobbies and such, which you could just do the same on Reach with a new mappack so much easier and quicker. How 343 executed the playoff between CE gameplay and title updated game types to fit the maps may not have worked well, but thats 343 and not CA.

Anyways rant over

I guarantee a well executed Halo CE MP Remake on XBL would hold steady in population for years to come. Through all the shit Halo's that get released and people jump from new Halo to new Halo, Halo CE XBL would sustain its population. I doubt it would have cannibalized the community long term, maybe it would harm Reach in the short term, but long term I think more people playing Halo MP is a good thing, no matter which one they are playing.

I and probably 15-20 of my friends would be playing Halo CE on XBL daily, and I am sure plenty of other people would have their friends list filled with people playing CE XBL. We could let 343 do their thing with future Halo's and not give two shits.

I guarantee a well executed Halo CE MP Remake on XBL would hold steady in population for years to come. Through all the shit Halo's that get released and people jump from new Halo to new Halo, Halo CE XBL would sustain its population. I doubt it would have cannibalized the community long term, maybe it would harm Reach in the short term, but long term I think more people playing Halo MP is a good thing, no matter which one they are playing.

I and probably 15-20 of my friends would be playing Halo CE on XBL daily, and I am sure plenty of other people would have their friends list filled with people playing CE XBL. We could let 343 do their thing with future Halo's and not give two shits.
You make a lot of big assumptions here.

Tawpgun

Yeah, gotta be real here, I don't think CA has put out anything I REALLY liked. Besides maybe the Majestic pack. But even then, its not like Skyline and Monolith can hold a candle to the good maps of Halo.

CA has been known to just LOAD their maps with weapons.

Damnnnnn I love when people just post like a ton of shitty reasons why halo 4 is good n them someone just posts the Halo population charts n it's like oh hello cold hard facts how are you doing?

Speedy did you make that gif? Welcome to Halogaf man.

Damnnnnn I love when people just post like a ton of shitty reasons why halo 4 is good n them someone just posts the Halo population charts n it's like oh hello cold hard facts how are you doing?

Speedy did you make that gif? Welcome to Halogaf man.

You playin' at all tonight? I'm drunk and bored.

I don't know how you guys manage to talk about this shit anymore. It's just depressing.

Make Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Games on Demand and all DLC completely free for Gold subscribers and update the damn playlists already. People have to pay you for the subscription and the console and hard drive and they're not buying those older games in droves.

Funk and I have been hopping around all the Halos for the past three or so hours.

Oh, and Funk is about to get some solid dick from a dude thinking Funk is a girl. So that's good I suppose.

Tunavi

Banned
Remember dudes, Halo 4 is shitty, its only still alive because it has Halo in its name. If this game was named something like Brink it'd be selling for 3 dollars on Gamefly atm.

343 has made a bad Halo. They need to go back and remember why Halo is special and not just another FPS.
amazing post

Tawpgun

That video was Game Trailers revenge for Doritos-gate

But in all seriousness, it nailed it. Very uncontroversial either, like you can't really argue with their points.

oops bungies ui's were pretty stellar imo

The UIs were fine but I was just making an all encompassing statement. Like who the fuck thought, yeah armor lock sure makes for a good game. Or Uncaged is a great placement in a game with such huge nade radius. It just boggles the mind.

heckfu

Banned
The UIs were fine but I was just making an all encompassing statement. Like who the fuck thought, yeah armor lock sure makes for a good game. Or Uncaged is a great placement in a game with such huge nade radius. It just boggles the mind.

"armor lock's super powerful...i love it!"

Tawpgun

The Halo Community is even more baffling.

People VOTED for uncaged.

People thought 100% bloom is better. AND SOME HERE STILL DO.

I'm pretty sure we had Armor Lock defenders here at some point too.

and now people still vote for Complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom