• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

To be fair, they didn't actively ignore the community post-release. They recycled a bunch of old half-baked cutting room floor maps and handed them over to 343 so they could milk the fanbase as quick as possible while there was still some semblance of interest in the game.

If Halo 4 had 3's DLC release schedule (and no season pass) Castle's sales numbers would have literally been in the hundreds.

blamite

H3's release schedule was possibly the worst handling/organization of DLC for AAA game ever, so bad.

This is true, but the game was also good so people were still playing when Mythic came out. Wars and ODST were also really good and kept people around. Also the maps themselves were generally pretty solid. Granted the 360 landscape is pretty different now so that kind of thing probably wouldn't be able to happen again but at the time it as awesome.

Halo 4 is pretty much toast 6 months in and that's pretty depressing. ;_;

Booshka

Played like 15 mins of H4 Campaign, holy shit that FoV is awful, guns are huge and take up so much screen space, screen is bloated and cluttered.

Looks like some other shooter, doesn't remind me of Halo at all.

Remember dudes, Halo 4 is shitty, its only still alive because it has Halo in its name. If this game was named something like Brink it'd be selling for 3 dollars on Gamefly atm.

343 has made a bad Halo. They need to go back and remember why Halo is special and not just another FPS.

DeadNames

Banned
Remember dudes, Halo 4 is shitty, its only still alive because it has Halo in its name. If this game was named something like Brink it'd be selling for 3 dollars on Gamefly atm.

343 has made a bad Halo. They need to go back and remember why Halo is special and not just another FPS.

Oh God... Brink.

So much potential... wasted. That game looked AWESOME.

Fracas

#fuckonami
ioImH1EDAvknc.gif

What have they done worthwhile?

Blastaculat map pack is bad
Defiant map pack is bad
CE:A Map pack is bad
H4 map pack has like 1 good map out of 9
H4 forge is bad

I dont understand why are they still hired to do the maps.

Most of the Halo 4 maps are the same giant donut with a room on the middle.

Endure: The Return
0 / 1 - 30000 cR
Complete four sets on any Firefight map in co-op play on Heroic or harder.

:(

Heh, I forced one my friends to do Halo Reach's challenges with me for nearly a year.

Endure: The Return
0 / 1 - 30000 cR
Complete four sets on any Firefight map in co-op play on Heroic or harder.

:(

LOL that damn Vidmaster........ I had a party of 4 to tackle Endure, but one dude I just KNEW would waste a lot of lives, so I was like "idkkk patriot.. I can see you dying with our last life just before we beat this shit.."

......but we tried anyway. Then guess what happened? We were on the last damn set, last round, last enemy and he was the last person alive....... I was like "DO NOT DIE!" but the fucker runs up the staircase without checking his surroundings and gets blasted by a Fuel Rod Grunt.........................

2 hours.. 2 hard-earned hours wasted. Made for a hilarious story though and a great memory :b - But damn that achievement felt good once it was unlocked.

lol I'd hate to post personal stuff but whatever, I'll spoiler it out.

I was going drop a post here to say not to take any advice you get from an internet message board...

Probably likes someone else and wants to have an excuse to not feel terrible about it. I would just break it off before she does, beat her to the punch. Sounds like excuses coming from her end, relationships work both ways bro. Life's to short to be worrying over trying to force someone to re-love you again.

imo

Leave her, get in shape, get better girl

Sounds like Bullshit girl speak for "I want you to break up with me so you look like the bad guy and I can bitch to all my friends about you." Just leave her and move on.

Smash her best friend.

...but then these guys posted...AND TOTALLY REDEEMED THEMSELVES!!!!

Mix

Yeah, honestly I'm never going to do that again. Such a bad idea. I've learned an important message today.
And my girlfriend and I are fine. I got too excited about an argument that went a little too far.

Good video.

I hope 343 ditches this "accessibility" hard on with Halo 5.

The Mantis is an awesome vehicle, just putting it out there.

My only dislike is that it's a defensive vehicle. Save for some of the obvious things like energy shields I'm not a huge fan of adding mechanics designed exclusively around defense because it slows down the gameplay too much - see Armor Lock, for example.

The Mantis, likewise, has a considerable amount of health for a Halo 4 vehicle even if an Incineration Cannon can one-shot it. This is also somewhat exacerbated by having such powerful armaments. Couple that with the personal shielding, people just end up turtling with the mantis and crouch-walking on Ragnarok. If they had put more emphasis on the stomp, made it slightly faster and required it to get in close to do any significant damage I think I'd be a little happier with it. As ridiculous as it sounds, giving the Mantis some kind of vertical movement option like jumping would be hilarious, too.

See the Chopper as a really really good example of a vehicle with a good mix of offense and defense.

I still think 343/Microsoft had a huge in role in how Reach came out.

I like to believe 343/Microsoft told Bungie to add Armor Abilities and Bloom and such. Kickstart 343 and Microsoft's vision for Halo.

Cyren posted this in r/Halo, but since he hasn't posted it here I figured I might as well.

Gametrailers - What We Want From Halo

I was worried that video would be bad, but I gotta say they brought up some good points. Good job GT, good job.

You guys have a strange definition of 'shit all over', but I guess that's about what I'd expect.
lol exactly what I'm thinking. I mean the video raised some good points, but it hardly said anything bad about Halo 4. The worst thing they said was pretty much that it was stale. That's hardly "shitting on" halo 4.

Booshka

If you guys want, you could always blame Halo's recent focus on Abilities on Shadowrun. Worked in that game, we can make it work in Halo as well.

Oh wait...

Well that's dumb. I sincerely doubt anything like that is true.

You can think that, but it's pretty damn silly.

I only think that because it doesn't make sense how 343 would KEEP all those things, regardless of the major community backlash. They were really keen on the new changes, even though no one else was. Just seems strange to me. Bungie justified it as "It's what we always wanted to do with Halo." If that was true, why were stuff like that not even hinted at in Halo 2 or Halo 3? Just seems off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom