• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Halo Community is even more baffling.

People VOTED for uncaged.

People thought 100% bloom is better. AND SOME HERE STILL DO.

I'm pretty sure we had Armor Lock defenders here at some point too.

and now people still vote for Complex.

People will eat whatever shit is shoveled in their mouth, still doesn't excuse bad design.

Tawpgun

People will eat whatever shit is shoveled in their mouth, still doesn't excuse bad design.
It doesn't, but it also doesn't help that they give the creators the voter data to support their design , and they take voter data as what people want because listening to people on forums is appealing to the vocal minority.

The boltshot and armor lock are the most baffling things done to halo. Even greenskull thought armor lock was a terrible idea!

IHaveIce

Banned
People talkin bout Uncaged, remember when The Cage was a thing?
We don't want to remember :(

BUt yeah every game has some weird decisions or design flaws, thing is it seems like with Halo these flaws are just almost the worst possible outcome.
Everything just relies on another in Halo and if one aspect is gone to shit, the whole game will feel worse

It doesn't, but it also doesn't help that they give the creators the voter data to support their design , and they take voter data as what people want because listening to people on forums is appealing to the vocal minority.

The boltshot and armor lock are the most baffling things done to halo. Even greenskull thought armor lock was a terrible idea!

They'll never learn. If it was up to the community the playlists would be Fiesta, Zombies and Grifball.

Booshka

Give the masses gimmicks that help them win and compensate for their lack of skill, and they will use it every time. It's their (343/Bungie/Every game developer ever) job as game designers to know that shit will get exploited to hell and lead to shallow gimmicky gameplay. They failed that job.

Tawpgun

Give the masses gimmicks that help them win and compensate for their lack of skill, and they will use it every time. It's their (343/Bungie/Every game developer ever) job as game designers to know that shit will get exploited to hell and lead to shallow gimmicky gameplay. They failed that job.
I mentioned this a while back but I think there should be like a polling feature in game. Maybe give an XP incentive to go to it and vote. That way it gets the whole community involved. And if someone doesn't want to vote then fuck them they don't care anyway

You can listen to everyone like for instance there's a great mix and sample group on Halogaf a great blend of competitive n casuals n forgers n creative types n analytical types n slrpers n salt.

However when seriously deciding on issues you should only actually seriously contemplate my ideas. Everyone else is wrong.

Obscured

I guarantee a well executed Halo CE MP Remake on XBL would hold steady in population for years to come. Through all the shit Halo's that get released and people jump from new Halo to new Halo, Halo CE XBL would sustain its population. I doubt it would have cannibalized the community long term, maybe it would harm Reach in the short term, but long term I think more people playing Halo MP is a good thing, no matter which one they are playing.

I and probably 15-20 of my friends would be playing Halo CE on XBL daily, and I am sure plenty of other people would have their friends list filled with people playing CE XBL. We could let 343 do their thing with future Halo's and not give two shits.

I would love to see this. I have no idea which way it would actually go, but it would be nice to test out the idea. It would split some of the population (I like both, so I would split up my time anyway), but it seems for the most part it would cater to an audience that had already left, so it should actually build an overall larger active on-going population.

Halo started in this direction with Reach, 343 took it all the way with 4 and look at the pop numbers. Why play generic CoD clone #4?

Just finished The Cole Protocol. Really liked the covenant parts of it. I definitely care for the Elites more

Yup, that's how I felt after playing Halo 2. Next read Halo Evolutions, you'll love those short stories.

Funk and I have been hopping around all the Halos for the past three or so hours.

Oh, and Funk is about to get some solid dick from a dude thinking Funk is a girl. So that's good I suppose.

Pzz8VX6.jpg

Silly dude didn't notice I'm 100% for Halo, but I'll let him find out I'm not a chick (even though I was talking during that Dominion game lol) next time we're in a party. And here I was thinking I made an actual Halo friend in 2013 from playing H4..

Anyway nice, we're getting an update this August for Halo Reach:
O7XywVb.jpg

lol
Good stuff tonight FUBAR, we did a frikkin Halo round-robin B] - Halo 4, then some Halo 3 Campaign, then some Halo 1 Hog jumps (still shocked you never seen those) and ended with some Anniversary in Reach. Great Halo night.

Nebula

The Halo Community is even more baffling.

People VOTED for uncaged.

People thought 100% bloom is better. AND SOME HERE STILL DO.

I'm pretty sure we had Armor Lock defenders here at some point too.

and now people still vote for Complex.

Armour lock almost single handedly killed Vehicle splattering. The other thing that contributed was DMR/Sniper being so damn effective and crapping on Vehicles.

Madness

Armour lock almost single handedly killed Vehicle splattering. The other thing that contributed was DMR/Sniper being so damn effective and crapping on Vehicles.

Armor lock almost singlehandedly killed Halo:Reach. It broke almost every area of the game. People blocking rockets, blocking sword lunges, splatters, even direct stickies. Perhaps one of the worst things ever put in a Halo game.

Nebula

Armor lock almost singlehandedly killed Halo:Reach. It broke almost every area of the game. People blocking rockets, blocking sword lunges, splatters, even direct stickies. Perhaps one of the worst things ever put in a Halo game.

That to. I think my love for Vehicle combat has me focus on one point in the larger picture that is Halo.

Definitely made for and by Bungie employees.

Nebula

I'm sure you're sure.

Are you really sure that your sure that I'm sure?

Either way it's definitely for someone who thought "I hate being beat by people while I run around like a dumbass, I need some kind of delay so my team mates can help my stupid ass and my opponent who's obviously better than me can get fucked."

Direct quote from Bungie studios in 2010.
Not really, but I'm sure something similar was uttered in the halls at some point.

Pop

According to the twitter machine Halo 4 has been updated. Red Xs and they don't move included.

I can confirm, I am red X

Nice big Red X on screen that stays in place where your teammate gets killed. Last about 3 to 4 seconds.

fat-kid-screaming-at-nets-gaem-o.gif

Mabef

Banned
Good news on the X thing, was hoping to play some this weekend anyways.

This 2v2 thing of mine is getting close to playable. I hid some coli walls to get a diorama picture.

I hardly get time to play anymore, so this was built over months of intermittent hour-long sessions. I originally chose erosion as my canvas because I wanted a flat ground to work off of, but the ground was so damn bright that I eventually had to cover it up. I also wasn't aware of how incomprehensible erosion pieces are when put together, it's like staring at a pile of misshapen turtles. Now I'm left with this greengray mess that I half want to remake in a different canvas, half want to cut my losses.

Anyways, here's one of the kitty buildings.

Nebula

Good news on the X thing, was hoping to play some this weekend anyways.

This 2v2 thing of mine is getting close to playable. I hid some coli walls to get a diorama picture.

I hardly get time to play anymore, so this was built over months of intermittent hour-long sessions. I originally chose erosion as my canvas because I wanted a flat ground to work off of, but the ground was so damn bright that I eventually had to cover it up. I also wasn't aware of how incomprehensible erosion pieces are when put together, it's like staring at a pile of misshapen turtles. Now I'm left with this greengray mess that I half want to remake in a different canvas, half want to cut my losses.

Anyways, here's one of the kitty buildings.

I'd make the jump to Forge Island to be honest.

Nebula

Wow.

This is a great...great video. This video explains everything (I think) is wrong with Halo 4 and certain things in relation to 343's design mentality.

343 would do well to heed the suggestions in this video. It would serve as a concise guide to consult when designing the next Halo(s).

Excellent video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom