• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

This is a great...great video. This video explains everything (I think) wrong with Halo 4 and certain things in relation to 343's design mentality.

343 would do well to heed the suggestions in this video. It would serve as a concise guide to consult when designing the next Halo(s).
Any chance of posting a summary of it here? Really interested. Can't play the vid.

willow ve

Nice to hear Red X is actually fixed.

The Game Trailers video is also surprisingly well thought out and addresses a lot of the gripes with the current Halo formula. It's also rather surprising to see a mainstream media outlet like GT openly acknowledge how far Halo has fallen. Maybe they embargo on negative feedback and constructive criticism is finally lifted?

I still think that Halo needs to return to a true arena shooter if it wants to compete for a top spot on Xbox Live. When your latest release is beat out by a yearly basketball franchise it's time to reconsider the path that you've chosen.

Nebula

I'm stuck in my H3 forging ways! Wanted a flat ground to pile stuff on top of. I've learned from my mistake... Eh, maybe rebuilding will be a fun timewaster.

Forge should be able to import scenes from maya or sketchup or something. Make it happen 343.

They should really have a PC program that lets you build maps, and then import them to the game.

Madness

Frankie said that the X on death they had before was less than ideal, so I'm glad they were actively fixing it. How's it look for those who have played with it fixed? Does it also retroactively change for our past videos or videos in our files are, much like the first X update?

Mabef

Banned
Any chance of posting a summary of it here? Really interested. Can't play the vid.
Real quick n dirty, here's their bullet points:
Embrace Sci-fi weaponry (more unique weapons like needler, less repeats like promethean)
Large scale environments (silent cartographer)
Simpler premise contained to the games
Be the innovator of multiplayer once again (new xp grinds are meh, try community stuff like little big planet)

Gui_PT

Wait, for real? They fixed the Xs properly now?

They did.

tumblr_mk6s3dzjLf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

Halo is saved! We can all go back and play it together! HaloGAF unite!

Anyone want to play this afternoon?

I might join in a while.

Friend of mine got Mario Power Tennis for the Gamecube after Krow and I brought over our N64 with Mario Tennis one day. The days of Halo LANs are over. now that our thumbs won't be eroded from the N64 sticks, this weekend is gonna be a good one.

Really glad 343 fixed the X markers. Maybe I'll start playing again if Legendary Slayer is good.

Wonder why they didn't mention that it was being fixed.

Vico

Cyren posted this in r/Halo, but since he hasn't posted it here I figured I might as well.

Gametrailers - What We Want From Halo

Well, I'm glad Gametrailers made this video.
It's exactly what I want.

I really hope they have more than just 4-5 different races of enemies (Fallen being one). Even though there are multiple types of enemies within each race, I feel like they look too much alike, and in the end it will just feel like the Fallen is one single type of enemy (just like the different Knights are pretty much the same).

The new red x makes a world of a difference

Didn't know it was changed. Pretty cool.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Really glad 343 fixed the X markers. Maybe I'll start playing again if Legendary Slayer is good.

Wonder why they didn't mention that it was being fixed.

We found out a day ago we could get the fix out on Friday at 2 am, instead of Saturday. We can't launch on Saturday because you don't have xbl teams on deck to fix if it breaks til Monday. So 2am Friday gave us time for emergency fixes and gets it out so people can use it over the weekend. So we pulled the trigger. Here is the official announce:

"Red Xs are fixed properly. Sorry they were busted so long."

Arnie

Red X's, you say.

Might have to take a break from my impending deadlines to give them a whirl. There are probably a wealth of playlist tweaks I've yet to sample since my last session.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Naw mang, there's a spot in the map where nobody can get near you.

Nooks? With the blast radius this baby has, they'z gon. GON.

A plasma pistol blast flies pretty far. Also you wouldn't see me coming if I decided to use camo. Trust me, I can take out any vehicle in this game. :p

willow ve

We found out a day ago we could get the fix out on Friday at 2 am, instead of Saturday. We can't launch on Saturday because you don't have xbl teams on deck to fix if it breaks til Monday. So 2am Friday gave us time for emergency fixes and gets it out so people can use it over the weekend. So we pulled the trigger. Here is the official announce:

"Red Xs are fixed properly. Sorry they were busted so long."
Thanks for the update, glad to see teams are still hard at work refining 4.

Now if we could just get some symmetrical maps in CTF.

Nebula

Naw mang, there's a spot in the map where nobody can get near you.

Nooks? With the blast radius this baby has, they'z gon. GON.

If you're on about the spot by that makeshift gate with a warthog as a counterweight, then yeah that spot is the only spot the Tank can do decently in. Either team can spawn at the base though, and tag you with PP or Plasma nades. It either shows that the other team were reluctant to push, or held the lift base well enough that they never really had the chance to spawn elsewhere, and got wrecked as they went by tank spawn or center mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom